Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Just picked this up along with Bane vs Batman (which is ironic considering that I don't even think Batman appears in that trade). Wow, I never noticed the page count but the thing is huge. I'm used to reading trades in one sitting so I may have to set aside a day this summer and get to it.

Green Lantern Corps Mbr

Is nightfall reccomended reading for someone prior to dark knight rises?

Quote Originally Posted by Hwlights92 View Post
    Having no idea how DKR will play out, I think it's safe to say from my own knowledge that vol 2 may be important with volume 3 being skippable. It's also a sign that they are releasing the first two volumes prior to the movie whilst leaving the third one until after, unless I am mistaken.

Green Lantern Corps Mbr

As long as the story is good I'd be open to reading all three volumes. Im just trying to figure out if I need to hightail it before the film or if i can wait for the price to drop a bit.

I'd recommend reading Knightfall because it was a good story. But you'll be just fine watching TDKR without reading it. The movies are their own thing.

Also, Bane will only be in volume 1 of the new editions, despite what the solicits say. Bane was not in Knightquest or KnightsEnd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bades View Post
    Having no idea how DKR will play out, I think it's safe to say from my own knowledge that vol 2 may be important with volume 3 being skippable. It's also a sign that they are releasing the first two volumes prior to the movie whilst leaving the third one until after, unless I am mistaken.
    If you read Vol. 1 VOl. 2 and Vol. 3 are important.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    If you read Vol. 1 VOl. 2 and Vol. 3 are important.
    I meant in response to watching The Dark Knight Rises. From what I understand of its contents, they probably won't be covered all that much in the movie. At least not enough to make reading it INTEGRAL to benefiting at all from watching the movie. Then again all of these could be skipped and the movie should still be able to stand on it's own.

Nolan's films all stand on their own. You didn't have to read Year One to get Batman Begins or Long Halloween/Killing Joke to get The Dark Knight. Those stories simply complement the movies nicely. But they're hardly required reading.

However, if you really want to be thorough, than yes, Knightfall is the way to go. Ditto No Man's Land from the looks of things and Charles Dickens' classic A Tale of Two Cities. The latter being a novel and not a comic; you wouldn't think I'd have to clarify but you'd be surprised.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

Green Lantern Corps Mbr

Okay thanks. I'll definetly be picking this one up soon then. (and ironically before I saw any of the Nolan films I had already read Long Halloween. Heck I think that was the first batman comic I ever read.)

Quote Originally Posted by clownprince01 View Post
    Charles Dickens' classic A Tale of Two Cities. The latter being a novel and not a comic; you wouldn't think I'd have to clarify but you'd be surprised.

Someone's probably adapted into a comic somewhere.
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel Dude View Post
    Could someone make or show me a detailed video of the book?
    If you are willing to pay me for a weeks work maybe. A very bold request

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    I'd recommend reading Knightfall because it was a good story. But you'll be just fine watching TDKR without reading it. The movies are their own thing.

Also, Bane will only be in volume 1 of the new editions, despite what the solicits say. Bane was not in Knightquest or KnightsEnd.
    He was in "KnightsEnd". It was in Robin #8. spoilers:
    He's laying in his cell in Blackgate when a bunch of bats fly into his cell and he finally comes out of his catatonic state and says, "He has returned."
    end of spoilers

In "Knightquest", he only appeared in Catwoman #1-4 and in Showcase '94 #3 and 4. Those weren't labeled as "Knightquest", but they took place during that part of the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    He was in "KnightsEnd". It was in Robin #8. spoilers:
    He's laying in his cell in Blackgate when a bunch of bats fly into his cell and he finally comes out of his catatonic state and says, "He has returned."
    end of spoilers

In "Knightquest", he only appeared in Catwoman #1-4 and in Showcase '94 #3 and 4. Those weren't labeled as "Knightquest", but they took place during that part of the storyline.
    Yeah, thanks. I was aware of the Showcase and Catwoman appearances. The weren't officially part of Knightquest, and they won't be collected in volume 2, so I didn't mention them. I forgot about the Robin 8 appearance, but I remember it now. So I'll rephrase my statement:

Aside from a cameo appearance in one chapter of KnightsEnd, Bane was not in Knightquest or KnightsEnd.

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    If you are willing to pay me for a weeks work maybe. A very bold request

Pretty please?