Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

So this contains 23 issues at $29.99 retail. That's $1.30 an issue. At Amazon's price of $19.78, a per issue cost of just $0.86. Seems like a good deal, regardless.

This is my first opportunity to read Vengence of Bane. Not the greatest Bat-story ever told, but serviceable. And I always like when a comic ends with "end?". Donno why, logically it's supposed to be ominous but it just feels so goofy.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    I don't feel that I am misrepresenting it AT ALL.
    Of course you are. As so many others have already said, this is not phone book paper. And as they've also said, WE GET IT that you're not happy with the product. No need to keep repeating yourself ad infinitum.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Life-Long Ring Slinger! samurai_rob's Avatar

Question- Does anyone know in what issue that the first Bane vs Croc fight takes place? It's been a while since I've read knightfall and I don't remember it being part of the main run. I don't figure any of the lead in issue will be included, but it's good to dream.
    "Education... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."
    - G. M. Trevelyan

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    Question- Does anyone know in what issue that the first Bane vs Croc fight takes place? It's been a while since I've read knightfall and I don't remember it being part of the main run. I don't figure any of the lead in issue will be included, but it's good to dream.
    Batman #489.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I would've been willing to pay $39.99 to get the better paper. I understand the decision though - Knightfall came out before DC switched to computer coloring on most of its titles, and sometimes the glossy paper doesn't hold the older colors well. NML came out after the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarmatches View Post
    I would've been willing to pay $39.99 to get the better paper. I understand the decision though - Knightfall came out before DC switched to computer coloring on most of its titles, and sometimes the glossy paper doesn't hold the older colors well. NML came out after the switch.
    That is true, but paperbacks like Venom and Death in Family got upgraded to the new paper and they were older than Knightfall. I do slightly agree with those that say the paper is too shiny. It would have been better if they had used semi glossy.

But whatever, I am over the Knightfall paper quality. I have moved on. Knightsquest is back on my buy list if only because it has never been released.

I got my copy and Im happy with it except for the fact that amazon.ca damaged it due to insuffiencient packaging. Ill definitely get volume 2 when the time comes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Don't they offer a replacement if it arrives damaged on their behalf or does that doesn't apply on the Canadian branch?
    Pull List: Batman, Demon Knights, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics_Addict View Post
    Don't they offer a replacement if it arrives damaged on their behalf or does that doesn't apply on the Canadian branch?
    They did but couldnt guarantee better packaging and I decided the hell with it, its not that badly damaged. Just the corners are bent.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Im currently nearing the end of reading this. I never read the showcase issues before and they make no sense. They are set three weeks before bane breaks the bat but twice they elude to the fact that two face is the last escapee from arkham to round up. So what goes on in those three weeks after he takes down two face? Plus the fact he took on scarecrow and joker directly before meeting bane. It doesnt hold up. Anyone any thoughts on this? Seems bizarre.

It's been many years since I read them, but I seem to recall that the Showcase issues weren't very good. I don't remember the 3 weeks part, but I do remember "the last Arkham escapee!" Odd wording. I always used to skip over those chapters when reading it. Ugly art as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    It's been many years since I read them, but I seem to recall that the Showcase issues weren't very good. I don't remember the 3 weeks part, but I do remember "the last Arkham escapee!" Odd wording. I always used to skip over those chapters when reading it. Ugly art as well.
    Its not an issue just something I thought I would mention. Your right though, they were not very good. They could have been skipped and instead include some of the lead up issues such as riddler on venom. Might have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    Its not an issue just something I thought I would mention. Your right though, they were not very good. They could have been skipped and instead include some of the lead up issues such as riddler on venom . Might have been better.
    Oh God, THIS! So very much this...

So much important stuff happens in the leadup that plays out later on. Jean-Paul's determination to finally take down Bane, Croc's rematch, Shondra as a character. Looks like I'll have to get them bound myself. "Batman: Knightfall Volume 0: Prologue", or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    Oh God, THIS! So very much this...

So much important stuff happens in the leadup that plays out later on. Jean-Paul's determination to finally take down Bane, Croc's rematch, Shondra as a character. Looks like I'll have to get them bound myself. "Batman: Knightfall Volume 0: Prologue", or something.
    It would be great, I would buy it. It would add so much to the story

Could someone make or show me a detailed video of the book?