Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...the new costume only became clearly distinguishable after I saw how Graham Nolan drew it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It didn't help that the first issue featuring said costume (at least in the direct market) was completely black-on-black embossed. Neat idea, not great execution for a big reveal.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

So, I am considering buying this now that it's out, but I have a couple questions for anyone who has picked this up and is already familiar with the story:

1) Did the SOTB 3-part tie in get stuck between Tec 665 (Part 16) and Batman 499 (Part 17), as was done in the original trade "Who Rules the Night"? Or did they actually put it in between Batman 498 (Part 15) and Tec 665 (Part 16) this time, which would make more sense story wise?

2) Are the covers from the single issues re-printed? And if so, are they full size, or reduced size?

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    Yeah, this volume is missing Batman: Sword of Azrael 1-4, Batman 488-490 (integral to introducing Azrael to Batman's world) and 'Tec 657 and 658 (Bane Appearances). I understand that there's a lot of issues in this already and this would really overstuff this trade, but some of those issues are kinda hard to track down!
    While I understand the relevance of this material, it really isn't a part of Knightfall per se.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

According to the DC description it looks like the KnightQuest TPB will contain ONLY The Crusade which covers the Jean-Paul Valley arc.

However, if going by the amazon solicits KnightsEnd contains 652 pages, which is over TWICE the size of the original KnightsEnd TPB. So I guess its safe to assume that the new KNightsEnd TPB will also contain The Search.
    I was also hoping they would include Prodigal for good measure, but I guess not.

I understand that Prodigal IS being collected in these editions.

Quote Originally Posted by UKComicFan View Post
    I dont see how they can fit all of The Search, KnightsEnd and Prodigal in one TPB.

But maybe I am wrong. I HOPE I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    While I understand the relevance of this material, it really isn't a part of Knightfall per se.
    Well, Batman 491 isn't neccessarily a part of the crossover proper, but it's still included because the story doesn't make much sense without it. I think a similar arguement could be made for the listed material based on context.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    Yeah, this volume is missing Batman: Sword of Azrael 1-4, Batman 488-490 (integral to introducing Azrael to Batman's world) and 'Tec 657 and 658 (Bane Appearances). I understand that there's a lot of issues in this already and this would really overstuff this trade, but some of those issues are kinda hard to track down! Specifically Batman 488 and 489 seem to be tough to get at a resonable price (although I did get lucky and found a copy of 488 for a buck on eBay, so it can be done).
    Sword of Azrael was collected years ago, but has been out of print for a long time. I think a new reprinting if it could include the other issues mentioned above (BM 488-490 and Tec 657-658) as bonus material, since those were the first issues Azrael showed up in post SOA. All of this would make for a nice Knightfall "volume 0". Oh, CSPDX - Bane was not in Tec 657-658. He did make a very brief cameo in 656 though.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    According to the DC description it looks like the KnightQuest TPB will contain ONLY The Crusade which covers the Jean-Paul Valley arc.

However, if going by the amazon solicits KnightsEnd contains 652 pages, which is over TWICE the size of the original KnightsEnd TPB. So I guess its safe to assume that the new KNightsEnd TPB will also contain The Search.
    I was also hoping they would include Prodigal for good measure, but I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKComicFan View Post
    I dont see how they can fit all of The Search, KnightsEnd and Prodigal in one TPB.

But maybe I am wrong. I HOPE I am wrong.
    Prodigal will be included in the new edition of KnightsEnd. And I'd be surprised if The Search isn't included in KnightQuest.
    Last edited by kevink31593; 04-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    Sword of Azrael was collected years ago, but has been out of print for a long time. I think a new reprinting if it could include the other issues mentioned above (BM 488-490 and Tec 657-658) as bonus material, since those were the first issues Azrael showed up in post SOA. All of this would make for a nice Knightfall "volume 0". Oh, CSPDX - Bane was not in Tec 657-658. He did make a very brief cameo in 656 though.

Prodigal will be included in the new edition of KnightsEnd. And I'd be surprised if The Search isn't included in KnightQuest.
    The Search will NOT be included in Knightsquest. I read the description on the DC website. It ONLY contains the issues that are part of The Crusade.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...st-new-edition

I don't know how you can say with certainty that Prodigal will be included in KnightsEnd because none of the sites with pre-order information that I have read have that info about what will be contained in Knightfall Vol. 3.

Can you show me?

Sword of Azrael was collected years ago, but has been out of print for a long time. I think a new reprinting if it could include the other issues mentioned above (BM 488-490 and Tec 657-658) as bonus material, since those were the first issues Azrael showed up in post SOA. All of this would make for a nice Knightfall "volume 0".
    That's actually a great idea.

The Search will NOT be included in Knightsquest. I read the description on the DC website. It ONLY contains the issues that are part of The Crusade.
    If so, that would be a real shame. The Search is actually much more integral to the ongoing storyline than the Crusade. Not to mention much shorter and easier to include.
    Jim Zimmerman

I don't know how you can say with certainty that Prodigal will be included in KnightsEnd because none of the sites with pre-order information that I have read have that info about what will be contained in Knightfall Vol. 3.

Can you show me?
    BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 3 – KNIGHTSEND TP NEW EDITION
    Writers: Doug Moench, Alan Grant, Chuck Dixon, Mary Jo Duffy and Dennis O’Neil
    Artists: Mike Manley, Dick Giordano, Bret Blevins, Graham Nolan, Scott Hanna, Ron Wagner, Tom Grummett, Jim Balent, Rick Burchett, Barry Kitson, Mike Vosburg, Mike Gustovich, Lee Weeks, Joe Rubinstein, Phil Jimenez and others
    Collects: BATMAN #509, 510, 512-514, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #29, 30, 32-34, DETECTIVE COMICS #676, 677, 679-681, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62 and 63, ROBIN #8, 9, 11-13, CATWOMAN #12, 13 and SHOWCASE 94 #10

Got that from here.

DC's descriptions may not be totally accurate. It says "Batman battles Bane in this second KNIGHTFALL new edition" but Bane wasn't in KnightQuest. And the volume 1 description said only Tec 659-660 would be included even though it will obviously include up to 666. They do list SotB 19-28 in the vol 2 description, and 21-23 were part of the search. The search concluded in LotDK 59-61 so we'll have to wait and see if those are included.

Can you show me?
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/01...mics-fall-2012

The Prodigal issues are listed DC's description. I know I just said their descriptions might not be correct, but why would they go out of their way to list the Prodigal issues in the KnightsEnd description if they aren't going to include them?
    Last edited by kevink31593; 04-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhandelman View Post
    BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 3 – KNIGHTSEND TP NEW EDITION
    Writers: Doug Moench, Alan Grant, Chuck Dixon, Mary Jo Duffy and Dennis O’Neil
    Artists: Mike Manley, Dick Giordano, Bret Blevins, Graham Nolan, Scott Hanna, Ron Wagner, Tom Grummett, Jim Balent, Rick Burchett, Barry Kitson, Mike Vosburg, Mike Gustovich, Lee Weeks, Joe Rubinstein, Phil Jimenez and others
    Collects: BATMAN #509, 510, 512-514, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #29, 30, 32-34, DETECTIVE COMICS #676, 677, 679-681, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62 and 63, ROBIN #8, 9, 11-13, CATWOMAN #12, 13 and SHOWCASE 94 #10

Got that from here.
    DC's descriptions may not be totally accurate. It says "Batman battles Bane in this second KNIGHTFALL new edition" but Bane wasn't in KnightQuest. And the volume 1 description said only Tec 659-660 would be included even though it will obviously include up to 666. They do list SotB 19-28 in the vol 2 description, and 21-23 were part of the search. The search concluded in LotDK 59-61 so we'll have to wait and see if those are included.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/01...mics-fall-2012

The Prodigal issues are listed DC's description. I know I just said their descriptions might not be correct, but why would they go out of their way to list the Prodigal issues in the KnightsEnd description if they aren't going to include them?
    THANKS!!

Based on that info it appears that Vol. 3 will actually contain The Search, KnightsEnd AND Prodigal.

If you ask me that is pretty damn awesome.

If so, that would be a real shame. The Search is actually much more integral to the ongoing storyline than the Crusade. Not to mention much shorter and easier to include.
    I don't have the original issues, but it does include Shadow of the Bat #21-23 and Robin #7. According to Wikipedia those are part of the Search, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by bhandelman View Post
    I don't have the original issues, but it does include Shadow of the Bat #21-23 and Robin #7. According to Wikipedia those are part of the Search, is that correct?
    Not Robin.

It's Justice League Task Force #5-6 (pretty much a throw away story)
    Shadow of the Bat #21-23
    Legends of the Dark Knight #59-61
    Jim Zimmerman