Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar

The Ultimate books got good again last year.

It seems I'm the only one who finds Ultimates not so great. The art is astonishing and the concepts Hickman is using are big enough and suitable for this title, but the writing itself is boring and story-telling seems rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chris View Post
    It seems I'm the only one who finds Ultimates not so great. The art is astonishing and the concepts Hickman is using are big enough and suitable for this title, but the writing itself is boring and story-telling seems rush.
    You're not alone. All the great art in the world can't hide the lame replacement characters, crappy storytelling, and boring plots. I swear Miles Morales has the personality depth of a statue and Jimmy Hudson might as well be a de-aged Wolverine. Ultimate hasn't been good since Ultimatum and the longer they continue this sham of a series, the worse it gets.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    You're not alone. All the great art in the world can't hide the lame replacement characters, crappy storytelling, and boring plots. I swear Miles Morales has the personality depth of a statue and Jimmy Hudson might as well be a de-aged Wolverine. Ultimate hasn't been good since Ultimatum and the longer they continue this sham of a series, the worse it gets.
    Miles is an introvert, who thought he was a mutant at first, and was afraid of being hated and hunted in the streets. He didn't want his powers. Since he's been putting on a costume, he's been coming out of his shell a bit, and enjoying himself. Just because he doesn't spaz out and whine at the slightest provocation like angsty teen Pete did doesn't mean he's a statue.

And for the record, I loved the original series, and Pete's character. But there was so much teen angst and drama mixed in with the action. I mean, read it again, the kid never had a day to himself with his friends. Ever. He was upset on a daily basis.

I feel like Ultimate X-men is a waste of a title, I remember how much I loved it back in the day. They steamrolled over all the characters, concepts and everything about "X" that people love. Such a horrible title....

Ultimate X-Men doesn't do it for me but Ultimate Spider-Man is awesome. I never dug the first run that much but I'm hooked on the new one.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Gotta say that Alonso isn't wrong about Amazing Spiderman. It captures everythign I always liked about the book. My only dislike is Ramos. I get he has his fans but like Bahcallo I find his art too jarring and it takes me out of the story trying to work out whats going on sometimes.

Slott and Wacker are doing a bang up job on the book. Sadly I only get it in trade because there are a lot of books I want to get and simply can't legitimise $7.98 a month for 40 pages when that can get me nearly three different $2.99 books.

That being said for the more affluent avid Spiderfan I get it's better than 3 different books a month.

I would like the book to move away from these almost event arcs though and just tell more understated but relevant Spiderman stories for a while.

Also Id lvoe to see a story where the Avengers outsource Spidey to the GLA for a while. Lol.
    I don't see it being a big deal that they make events out of arcs. If it's just contained to the main title, like most of them have been, then it's really just a way to advertise and promote the book. There's no difference in what you're asking for and what is happening.

Has anyone ever asked about the Venom "event" just being a shift from a cancelled titles crossover?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
    Has anyone ever asked about the Venom "event" just being a shift from a cancelled titles crossover?
    Yes, we've spoken about this several times. That's what happened.

SW

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I'm so glad that Whilce Portacio has taken up Silvestri's slack. Not so glad that Bendis has a big hand on the green guy.
    Didn't Silvestri go in for surgery?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
    Did Hulk get cancelled?

Default CBR> Axel In Charge 1/6/2012

Oooh! Bernie Wrightson in Marvel would be a great paycheck for Bernie but he would only be wasted doing some stupid standard piece of Marvel schlock.Wolverine/Deadpool/ or whatever.I wonder if there is a Marvel character out there that Bernie has always wanted to do?