Page 8 of 668 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Smarter Than The Average! The Cat's Avatar

Greeting to one an all in the "Seventh" thread for the King! ( and Queen of Wakanda )

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    If I were writing the Avengers vs X-men I would have Thor throw his Hammer at T'challa..and it would simply land at his feet. T'challa would pick it up and hand it back to Thor.

Because Odin's provision that whomever is worthy--can wield the hammer. And Mjlinor refuses to strike someone noble. Sort of like Excalibur.

It would also shock readers if Panther lifted the hammer..like CAP did.
    Wait, why would Thor be throwing his hammer at T'Challa? Both are Avengers. Also isn't the hammer insanely heavy, to the point that Cap couldn't lift it at peak-human strength? Or did more stories happen since then about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoken View Post
    Wait, why would Thor be throwing his hammer at T'Challa? Both are Avengers. Also isn't the hammer insanely heavy, to the point that Cap couldn't lift it at peak-human strength? Or did more stories happen since then about that.
    Not sure why Thor would throw his hammer at Panther, but it should be universal knowledge that the Hammer can be picked up by characters that it deems "worthy" to do so. Since Cap is a noble and honorable type of hero, it really should be of no surprise that he can pick the hammer up. I would think T'challa would be able to pick it up as well since the characters are pretty similar. If not worthy, the Hammer is almost impossible to pick up (barring that Ultimates movie). If worthy, the hammer is light as a feather, I'd assume.

Its kinda like those green Lantern rings where if you have enough willpower you can actually use it. I would imagine that Panther and Cap could use a lantern ring much like Batman being able to weild thor's hammer.

Any news on what will be happening with Panther? Its pretty sad that Marvel is wasting such an awesome character who should be on a team or leading a team by now. How would people feel about him doing something in the Savage land? I've always wondered what T'challa would be like in a familiar type of setting that doesn't get as bad a review as Wakanda does. It also places him in a closer context with Storm as Storm does have to go to that place from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Purely on paper?

Hawkeye led his team of Thunderbolts to victory over 25 villains after joining the team about a week earlier.

What does T'Challa have that even matches that?
    See Wakanda and Die!
    He didn't have an army of superheroes to go up against the Skrulls. Just a bunch of well trained warriors and a heck of a plan.

While leading the FF, he took on superhero zombies(The Avengers version no less) and won.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by DattaBoy View Post
    To be fair Marvel Editorial is more to blame for Doorway than anybody.... the lack of support, tie ins and making sure it is reflected the overall continuity
    Yet it wasn't Marvel editorial that wrote T'Challa capitulating to Doom.

That was all Maberry.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Aren't we going to have some sort of positions for Black panther fnas, just like if you'll check thje first post of the Storm Appreciation thread or Psylocke appreciation thread?
    As far as I've seen, we don't do that here...thankfully.
    Last edited by moneyspider; 01-05-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Storm and The Black Panther, T'Challa and Ororo

It's foolish to hate characters for actions that are controlled by writers.

If you don't like a character's behavior, blame the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Yet it wasn't Marvel editorial that wrote T'Challa capitulating to Doom.

That was all Maberry.
    To be fair if editorial won't let Doom lose, how much can Marberry do, his hands are tied??

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Not sure why Thor would throw his hammer at Panther, but it should be universal knowledge that the Hammer can be picked up by characters that it deems "worthy" to do so. Since Cap is a noble and honorable type of hero, it really should be of no surprise that he can pick the hammer up. I would think T'challa would be able to pick it up as well since the characters are pretty similar. If not worthy, the Hammer is almost impossible to pick up (barring that Ultimates movie). If worthy, the hammer is light as a feather, I'd assume.

Its kinda like those green Lantern rings where if you have enough willpower you can actually use it. I would imagine that Panther and Cap could use a lantern ring much like Batman being able to weild thor's hammer.

Any news on what will be happening with Panther? Its pretty sad that Marvel is wasting such an awesome character who should be on a team or leading a team by now. How would people feel about him doing something in the Savage land? I've always wondered what T'challa would be like in a familiar type of setting that doesn't get as bad a review as Wakanda does. It also places him in a closer context with Storm as Storm does have to go to that place from time to time.
    Of course the perfect Captain America can pick of the hammer. Who else besides Cap, Wonder Woman and superman picked up the hammer. The thing is honorable but was unable to do so. The funny thing is that if T'Challa was able to pick it up, so many comic fans would lose their minds!

As for GL ring I love the comic where GL attempted to use the ring and he concentrated with all of his strength and all he could muster was an arrow. The idea that the ring bearers need a special something to utilize the ring is a much better concept. It would be a better idea that even a character like Batman trying to use the ring should have a hard time doing so. That would make characters like Guy, Hal, and john more special.
    Last edited by taozen; 01-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.

wow another appreciation thread?! and its already 8 pages in? wow

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

I don't think anyone but Thor should or could pick up the hammer because his ideology and mentally is from a god perspective.

Everyone else is just a glorified vigilante wrapped up in their own self gratification.

Mjolnir is not a whore weapon that lets everyone wield her.

If that were the case then millions of war veterans and Mother Teresa could lift it.

The hammer is a mighty weapon fashioned specifically for Thor so Black Panther being somewhat a paranoid narcissistic spy defending Wakanda and vibranium would get a different reading from it.

Same goes for extremely patriotic Captain America or over exaggerated boy scout Superman.

They would give mixed signals a Norse god designed weapon would misinterpret so any writer showing these other characters holding it is altering continuity.
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

The preview of BLACK PANTHER: THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE #528 is up and I must say that Liss is killing it. I can't believe this is going to get canceled. Here it is:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=11054

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The preview of BLACK PANTHER: THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE #528 is up and I must say that Liss is killing it. I can't believe this is going to get canceled. Here it is:

God I love this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    God I love this book.
    Me too. We need a email campaign or something to keep this book going. It is so good now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    God I love this book.
    smh...agreed Tao and Jabare...this book is so good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post

Damn, Wakandans go HARD!!!!!

I'm really not a fan of the art though. Its way too cartoony for me and I wish there was a different artist. Other than that though I'm looking forward to getting this.