Page 57 of 668 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

The thing that cracks me up in the midst of all this back and forth is that David Liss has portrayed T'Challa in a manner that leaves no room for doubt that he is indeed an incredibly dangerous opponent to face when his a-game is in effect.

Mr Liss has done so with a modicum of effort and a stylish flair that clearly proves that the character is not only viable but incredibly versatile when a competent writer is ath the helm backed up with a plethora of great artists.

Whining and bitching about supporting cast members who've been absent for almost the full duration of T'Challa's current adventures in Hell's Kitchen and then going on to blame them for the cancelation of his solo title is laughable to say the least and somewhat ignorant especially when one considers the fact that the Black Panther's book has always had an uphill struggle against editorial shenanigans and full time detractors with too much time on their hands.

Never believed I'd ever read posts openly advocating for the killing of a character over fabricated BS but I guess that's the way things are going amongst some segments of fandom these days.

Who would have thought. :smh:
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

My lead actor for my next film called me earlier today saying, "I was flippin' the channel last night at like 3 and they were showing Black Panther. I thought to call you and tell you."
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The thing that cracks me up in the midst of all this back and forth is that David Liss has portrayed T'Challa in a manner that leaves no room for doubt that he is indeed an incredibly dangerous opponent to face when his a-game is in effect
    I'd say that's the intent, but execution...

Scene 1 "I'd rather die than reveal my secret ID.

Scene 2 "ID revealed!"

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    Falcon is cool. His cool powers are bird eyes and caps friend perks

You wanna lament a tired non unique character. I present iorn fist. The guy is like 3 other characters blended together

Storm and panther can divorce and I won't blink. As long as its done well, for a purpose, and panther starts being a poon hound

It will be interesting if there is a miles morales effect. Helping to break down that wall
    Aw man have you read Fraction and Brubaker's IF series its good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd say that's the intent, but execution...

Scene 1 "I'd rather die than reveal my secret ID.

Scene 2 "ID revealed!"
    You can't honestly fault Mr. Liss for that. Seriously.

Now the stupid premise? By all means...

Hell, he went out of his way to mock the very circumstances that landed T'Challa in Hell's Kitchen in the first place with Ororo's arrival in the "Storm Hunter" arc.

The guy has a sense of humor that he conveys through his work, particularly with this series, and I've honestly come to appreciate it.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Umbra is resting on his laurels as Most Dangerous Poster of The Year!

He is slipping so now would be a good time to take him out... Where is my big strong black man nullifier ray gun?

(Insert diabolical laugh and background music that reaches fever pitch crescendo)
    I always got a plan...3 steps ahead!

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post

Hell, he went out of his way to mock the very circumstances that landed T'Challa in Hell's Kitchen in the first place with Ororo's arrival in the "Storm Hunter" arc.

The guy has a sense of humor that he conveys through his work, particularly with this series, and I've honestly come to appreciate it.
    Yeah, I loved Liss using Storm to voice the same concerns and stuff we were saying.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BANNED

Agreed...no way you can blame Mr. Liss. If they actually supported him and put this title into the middle of the meta plot...something they never did for Priest, who just wanted his stuff acknowledged...idk.

The book might have done better. It never had a chance...really think about it. The events, D.C 52's, the Premise, Doom walking around like nothing occurred holding hands with Reed, etc,etc. wtf

The whining about Ultimate BP is a waste since it was done by Loeb. That answer alone should be a hint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akumasan View Post
    The whining about Ultimate BP is a waste since it was done by Loeb. That answer alone should be a hint.
    Loeb is horrible. I really dread seeing his name on a comic. He actually thought it was a good idea? Ult. Panther is garbage...I mean really dude is like a 2nd cat running around to Kazaar...like a freaking pet.

C'mon Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Yeah, I loved Liss using Storm to voice the same concerns and stuff we were saying.
    Not only that. Analyzing these two scenes absolutely cracks me up. I remember bitching about the sheer absurdity of T'Challa's childishness and Storm's appearance in the book, but check out the dialogue closely, particularly Kraven's line and how it relates to T'Challa's melodramatic speech (and Storm's impeccable timing):

Like I said, Liss has a sense of humor.
    Last edited by 'Flo; 01-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

I am still tripping off the whole "Test Myself" concept!

And how does a viral man stay away from Storm Goddess?

How did Marvel keep a straight face when they mandated that?

Premise... Premise... Premise...
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Storm be thicka than a snicka

That's all I have to add to this conversation peace

Elder Member

Yes, yes I can

He's in a bad position, I know. But T'Challa can still be bad ass, and nothing about the situation itself requires that he be so...luke warm about damn near everything. The ID situation was one Liss wrote, after all.

I dont know what the hell is going on but DC is putting Batwing in Justice League International,

While BP is being put out to pasture. lol

And remember Ultimate Spidey wasnt even a thought till Batwing made a splash. DC may not be in the monetary lead but creatively..No I cant even bring myself to say it.

This is like if DC came up with a character called the Arachnid and it out performed Spiderman, and the decision was to retire Spiderman.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"