Page 56 of 668 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 10006
  1. #826
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    I don't want to ever hear anyone complain about T'challa being too powerful, while characters like the Ironfist are constantly upgraded and turned into comic powers...folks whine if Wakandan's beat the freaking Hand, with prep and guns. This crap is getting outrageous.

    When does Falcon finally get a upgrade? T'challa, c'mon son.

  2. #827
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    Welcome back, Umbra.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  3. #828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I don't want to ever hear anyone complain about T'challa being too powerful, while characters like the Ironfist are constantly upgraded and turned into comic powers...folks whine if Wakandan's beat the freaking Hand, with prep and guns. This crap is getting outrageous.

    When does Falcon finally get a upgrade? T'challa, c'mon son.
    The Falcon is such a crappy character. I love how they brought him back just to get shot in the back by Cable. He needs an upgrade Aquaman style or he needs go away forever.

    Falcon went from never being anywhere to showing up in MDMA and X Sanction randomly.

  4. #829
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Welcome back, Umbra.
    Haha...I was never gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    The Falcon is such a crappy character. I love how they brought him back just to get shot in the back by Cable. He needs an upgrade Aquaman style or he needs go away forever.

    Falcon went from never being anywhere to showing up in MDMA and X Sanction randomly.
    I don't think he is crappy. His powers are and his treatment is...but what is new? There is so much they could do with him...look at Ult. Falcon. Great character.

    G. John's did a great job with him during Redzone...and he also did the same with T'challa.

    Just saying, being a fan of these characters is a major up hill battle.

  5. #830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I don't think he is crappy. His powers are and his treatment is...but what is new? There is so much they could do with him...look at Ult. Falcon. Great character.

    G. John's did a great job with him during Redzone...and he also did the same with T'challa.

    Just saying, being a fan of these characters is a major up hill battle.
    Well that is what I mean. His powers completely suck. With all the mutants and super heroes running around who can fly and all the technology that can fly... he doesn't really have a use or a niche. He is like old school Aquaman to me.

    I don't know much about the Ultimate comics for the most part. At least not enough to notice Falcon.

    Are any of you guys reading Battle Scars? Really interested to see what happens to that character. They are building him up for something. The comic is pretty good right now. I am not into the "liking a character just because he is black" like a lot of people are but it is interesting they are building up a black character to something important. Curious to see where this is headed.

  6. #831
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Well that is what I mean. His powers completely suck. With all the mutants and super heroes running around who can fly and all the technology that can fly... he doesn't really have a use or a niche. He is like old school Aquaman to me.

    I don't know much about the Ultimate comics for the most part. At least not enough to notice Falcon.

    Are any of you guys reading Battle Scars? Really interested to see what happens to that character. They are building him up for something. The comic is pretty good right now. I am not into the "liking a character just because he is black" like a lot of people are but it is interesting they are building up a black character to something important. Curious to see where this is headed.
    I am...great book.

  7. #832
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,455

    Default

    As much as people complain about the Ultimate Universe, at least they do a better job with diversity and not making their minority characters a joke.(Ultimate BP withstanding. )

    Look at their version of Falcon. And I'm enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  8. #833
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    Falcon is cool. His cool powers are bird eyes and caps friend perks


    You wanna lament a tired non unique character. I present iorn fist. The guy is like 3 other characters blended together



    Storm and panther can divorce and I won't blink. As long as its done well, for a purpose, and panther starts being a poon hound

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    As much as people complain about the Ultimate Universe, at least they do a better job with diversity and not making their minority characters a joke.(Ultimate BP withstanding. )

    Look at their version of Falcon. And I'm enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man.
    It will be interesting if there is a miles morales effect. Helping to break down that wall

  9. #834
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    It will be interesting if there is a miles morales effect. Helping to break down that wall
    I hope so. Falcon is looking good. USM is telling a great story. And I hope they redo Ultimate BP. That whole setup was just crap.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  10. #835
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    This thread is like The Godfather every now and then we go to war with each other to get the bad blood out of our system.


    Here is what I am really saying...

    The Black Panther for some reason is a struggle character. Every writer or architect has had something to say about interference from editorial or lack of support.

    With that as a given whom ever is in the drivers seat has to think as The Black Panther would if he were a real life character. This takes you beyond the job if you want to keep that job.

    Sales always are great with the first issue but seem to decline as the story arc progresses. Somehow movie talks go south beyond the development hell point to development heck.

    Comic, movie and video game executives are more concerned with revenue with the occasional random racist in the room who is blocking. Most of the time money motivates motives.

    The Black Panther is not Batman but like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Oprah a black character can sell. The right angle or the right code of conduct can put him in contention for greatness.

    So then what is the problem?

    There is a time to push the save button and there is a time to push the delete button.

    If you as a writer are on borrowed time then you have to either increase the fat or trim the fat when and where it applies. If you are sitting in the office scripting the Black Panther you should think in advance of every possible person that could come through your door to tamper with or derail your ambitions.

    You also need to go out on your own and seek new fans so that when editorial or the toy marketers come in and tell you what they want you to do you have a strong fan base on your own that directs them what to do because money talks... Period!

    That is what Hudlin was doing as he sought after a larger fan base. Some of it worked and some of it didn't but the theory is still strong.

    Now who is the next evolution of Hudlin or Priest that can finally cross The Black Panther over into that "IT Factor" category?

    Now as far as Shuri goes of course a fictional character does not have control of themselves but what is it that she stands for even if she is not featured on the panel?

    Robin, Supergirl, Batwing, Bucky and the who's who of sidekicks all come from characters that have crossed over into that special A-list endeared to your heart super heroes. That makes them in many ways untouchable.

    Batman's grandma could become Batman because Batman is not a struggle character like The Black Panther is. Grandma Wayne could run around in the bat suit all day because she is not a threat to the bat pinky ring whatsoever.

    The Black Panther does not have that luxury. Taking him out of his name is dangerous because he still is not a name except to die hard fans who do not generate enough revenue to keep him afloat.

    But when he does get that door open and you take him off his title and replace him with his sister right around the point he finally gets a solo cartoon and movie talks in the works it shows a severe lack of confidence in the character on so many levels.

    Think beyond just the written page and realize the subconscious level as well as the conscious level and this all makes sense.

    Whether they be Black Panther fans, Storm fans or Daredevil fans you cannot insult their intelligence with lame premises and think that this is wise... Ever!

    If we did a comic book rumbles of Batman fans versus Black Panther fans they would destroy us because they have reconciled the fact by their own voting when something has got to go. They don't flinch!

    To play the race card... White fans are ahead of black fans in the comic industry because of this while we struggle with family reunions. I had to go there!

    Goodbye Ben Parker... Goodbye Jor-El... Goodbye Mister and Mrs. Wayne... Goodbye Robin... Goodbye Obi Wan Kenobi... Goodbye Harry Potter's Parents...

    Hello Isolated Maverick Super Hero On An Island...

    Here is your woman... Your home base... Your rogues gallery... Have Fun!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

    I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

    You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

  11. #836
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,455

    Default

    Never any hard feelings dude. Just strong, differing opinions on a topic is all.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  12. #837
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Haha...I was never gone.
    Heh, you been absent the past few days.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  13. #838
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Heh, you been absent the past few days.
    Nah, Just didn't bother posting. Read the debate, didn't feel like it. lol..until yesterday.

  14. #839
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Umbra is resting on his laurels as Most Dangerous Poster of The Year!


    He is slipping so now would be a good time to take him out... Where is my big strong black man nullifier ray gun?

    (Insert diabolical laugh and background music that reaches fever pitch crescendo)
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

    I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

    You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

  15. #840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    Falcon is cool. His cool powers are bird eyes and caps friend perks


    You wanna lament a tired non unique character. I present iorn fist. The guy is like 3 other characters blended together



    Storm and panther can divorce and I won't blink. As long as its done well, for a purpose, and panther starts being a poon hound
    Meh iron fist is 10,000x cooler than freakin falcon. Plus, danny plus cage = awesome

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •