Page 53 of 668 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    My point is that if you have a comic called Avengers vs. X-Men and you're doing a face-off cover, it only makes sense to include characters from those two teams facing off, especially for a 0 issue.

Black Panther, and other unaffiliated Marvel heroes, may have cool things to do. I don't expect those things to happen until after the conflict is set up. Around issue #2 or so.
    Brevoort said he'd be in it that's what it's based on. That was your question right?

He didn't say anything about issues or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Also BP is Storm's husband until stated otherwise and he was the one who vouched for her on the Avengers. You would think some sort of addition logic would used to follow suit.

Sort of like if Cyclops were on a cover..rest assured Emma would be around somewhere..even on books she isnt even on the team of.

Not to mention he will be in the crossover in some capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    And he has strong ties to the X-men (Storm) and the Avengers

And he told Cap he would be there for him in a pinch in Avengers #19 and I am pretty sure war with the X-men and the possible return of the Phoenix or whatever would be considered "in a pinch"
    Very gd points...QFT & CO-SIGND.

Funnily enough, T'Challa was use in some promotional material for Fear Itself. (even though he didn't feature at all in the event)

It would be humorously ironic if he ends up appearing in the AvX event sans promotion.

That would be funny.

My point is that if you have a comic called Avengers vs. X-Men and you're doing a face-off cover, it only makes sense to include characters from those two teams facing off, especially for a 0 issue.

Black Panther, and other unaffiliated Marvel heroes, may have cool things to do. I don't expect those things to happen until after the conflict is set up. Around issue #2 or so.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

it will be interesting to see what comes of it

they married a supposed avenger to a x-men... you think they would like the foundation they layed

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

I mean Tchalla is an Avenger even though he's not really in the books right now. It would be a huge missed opportunity to not address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Funnily enough, T'Challa was use in some promotional material for Fear Itself. (even though he didn't feature at all in the event)

It would be humorously ironic if he ends up appearing in the AvX event sans promotion.

That would be funny.
    They did at least promote and use him for Spider-Island. (Although the promotional cover didn't show that he'd wind up with six arms.)

They did at least promote and use him for Spider-Island. (Although the promotional cover didn't show that he'd wind up with six arms.)
    QFT!!!

I'm not to bothered as to whether T'Challa appears in the AvX event so I'm content to just sit back and see the X-Men get their collective behinds kicked by the Avengers.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Majestic,

I don't do the quote thing so bare with me...

Black Pariah: Man Without Fear.

Black Pariah: Most Dangerous Man Alive.

Shuri is THE Black Panther... Period!

Editorial and writing starts from that premise and acts accordingly.

So here we are...

I usually fast forward the Shuri part of the cartoon and scan to the scene of Black Panther and Storm because she is the only leading lady of his life.

Supergirl and Robin and them are linked to A-list super heroes so their cash reserves allow them the opportunity to be tampered with. The Black Panther still does not have his own movie, solo video game or theme park roller coaster to finance side grades or legacy characters. Get your dollars up son and then we can talk about Bucky.

Has the thought ever occurred to you that Marvel does not have a clue what to do with The Black Panther so writers should tread carefully with retcon characters that could potentially take his title?

OOPS!

And did you really question Shuri's sales numbers versus her brother's?

Moving right along...

And the X office allowed a Storm marriage so given Marvel's history the clock was ticking and then came Shuri!

Storm was a gift horse looked in the mouth and that was an opportunity to build upon. Meal Ticket Anyone!

If I was the X office I would have pulled the plug on that as soon as Shuri took over. That's not heads up football son!

Shuri does not equal expansion she equals cancellation and limbo. Do the math!

Storm and Monica Rambeau is your ready made answer for that.

And you can't keep David Liss on Black Panther because like many before him the book was cancelled on his watch... That's Business 101.

And look at us arguing over Black Barbie...

The Black Panther went from being a main feature at The Black Panel at Comic-con and movie potential to ghost town quiet at Comic-con and no appearance in video games.

The fan base is not stupid neither are people in this multimedia business.

Marvel dropped the ball because they need there hand held every step of the way concerning this character.

The next writer needs to touch base with The X Office, Marvel Studios, Capcom and who ever needs to be consulted to fully rep for this character.

Have dinner, play golf, shoot hoops or straight bribe peeps on the down low like The Black Panther would in real life but do not come back and say the X office gave you a wedgie for asking to use Storm... That's sooo not Panther!

P.S. Thank you very much X Office for allowing the usage of Storm in the first place and please give the next writer a chance to make up the slack lost for the debacle that was Shuri!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Anyone know which Black Panther books are still in print? I think some of Hudlin's run isn't any more but I'm not sure
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

lots of hudlin can be got on the comixology app

amazon is plentiful with various trades

The next writer needs to touch base with The X Office, Marvel Studios, Capcom and who ever needs to be consulted to fully rep for this character.
    add mr liss to that consultation list

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Try this link Hudlin's site is provided for by Golden Apple Comics which is a pretty good comic shop.

I got a Black Panther wallet and the Black Panther cartoon series from them.

It is where they hosted the Dwayne McDuffie tribute.

I'm sure they can get back issues if you want them.

http://www.reggiesworld.com/pages/co...ck-panther.php
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Has there been any comics anywhere sense Doomwar that has mentioned what Wakanda is doing without their vibranium? Even in passing?

Oh and why didn't Cap's shield get destroyed??

I was rereading parts and thought I would ask...

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Try this link Hudlin's site is provided for by Golden Apple Comics which is a pretty good comic shop.

I got a Black Panther wallet and the Black Panther cartoon series from them.

It is where they hosted the Dwayne McDuffie tribute.

I'm sure they can get back issues if you want them.

http://www.reggiesworld.com/pages/co...ck-panther.php
    Are there any BP t-shirts anywhere? There is like one on amazon and its meh

I'm not a fan of the three panther shirts available either

Marvel could have made T'Challa BP anytime that they wanted to. They wanted to do this experiment with T'Challa in Hell's Kitchen. Blaming Shuri for keeping him out of the habit is just wrong. Killing her serves no purpose. We want a Panther franchise. We want more BP characters, not less. You don't grwo the brand by killing off supporting characters and isolating the hero. How many new characters have been added to the Panther mythos in the last 10 years. And please don't count all of the nameless Doras who ironically enough were slaughtered in Doom War. So killing another Wakandan is not an option.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.