Page 427 of 668 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    He's good,but not CGI good. Panther better be moving in unearthly ways in the movie.
    CGI is good but sometimes you cant beat real.

besides there is always motion capture to get the reality of the moves..then CGI exaggeration
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    He's good,but not CGI good. Panther better be moving in unearthly ways in the movie.
    Agreed...he as too..he's suppose too. Not just a regular dude or human. If they do that..then welcome Roy Thomas Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    CGI is good but sometimes you cant beat real.

besides there is always motion capture to get the reality of the moves..then CGI exaggeration
    Look at the new amazing Spiderman. He has to move like that. Why, you have Four human based characters...one inducing Cap. T'challa needs to visually stand out.

"The poultice stimulated and accentuated the human being's kinesthetic sense. The kinesthetic sense is the subliminal perception that allows human beings to close their eyes, yet know where the different parts of their bodies are. If you didn't have this sense, you couldn't pick your nose or wash your hair if your eyes weren't open. The poultice, plus the stimuli of rigorous theological and physical training, heightened your kinesthetic sense. It heightens the proprioceptors (the proprioceptive system processes the orientation sense to the brain) and perceptions in your body. That is how you sense where a tree limb or a building edge is, know exactly where it is and never have a moment's doubt that your fingers will close about it...The sacred anointment poultice has a second effect on your muscles and ligaments, specifically on the joints where bones connect and swivel, mesh and respond. There are receptors in these joints called the Pacinian corpuscles that carry the signal to the brain to fulfill proper movement. Somehow the poultice is absorbed into those receptors and makes them especially sensitive...This is what enables you to twist and dodge with unparalleled grace."
    ----Panther's Prey

He should move gracefully, exaggerated and unrealistic. Sort of how Spidey does, but cat like. This also kills the whole Batman comparison...which is going to come up...but Bats doesn't move like this.
    Last edited by Umbra; 05-13-2012 at 09:02 AM.

So I'm sure you guys have heard this one a hundred times but I'm looking to get into Black Panther. I loved what I've seen from him in Marvel animation so I was wondering where I should start and what I should avoid.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    So I'm sure you guys have heard this one a hundred times but I'm looking to get into Black Panther. I loved what I've seen from him in Marvel animation so I was wondering where I should start and what I should avoid.
    Welcome to the Fold!

Black Panther: The Client
    Black Panther: Enemy of the State
    Secret Invasion: See Wakanda and Die
    Captain America/Black Panther: Flags of our Fathers
    Black Panther: The Man Without Fear
    The New Fantastic Four (written by Dwayne McDuffie)

Reginald Hudlin's run is hit and miss depending on who you ask. I personally feel it starts off weak but gets stronger as it goes, and his last Black Panther arc was solid. His Flags of our Father was GREAT fun!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Comparing properties that have been in print consistently for decades to a character who had a fringe title that was constantly on the verge of cancellation isn't the same thing.
    Riddle me this.

Have either Hawkeye or the Black Widow ever in the enire history of their existence as 616 MU characters ever maintained an ongoing solo title?

The answer to that question is a resounding NO, yet both have been featured or launched in Iron man 2, (Black Widow) The Mighty Thor (Hawkeye) and the Avengers. (Hawkeye and Black Widow)

In contrast, the Black Panther has had his own ongoing solo books on a more or less consistent basis from his inception in 1966 via Fantastic Four #52 up until the more recent offerings from the excellent David Liss of Black Panther: Man Without Fear/ Black Panther: Most Dangerous Man Alive.

The fact that the T'Challa/Black panther character has been able to sustain an ongoing solo title in spite of all the lack of promotion or support the character has had over the years is testament to his strength as a viable character so I fail to see what point your trying to make by refering to his book as a "fringe" title "constantly on the verge of cancellation."

Hell, Hank and Jan didn't even make it as background characters in the Avengers, and their fricking founders for god's sake.
    And this is relevant how?

The thing with Blade was, his comic background was almost hidden from the general public, unless you were a comics fan, you probably wouldn't know he was a comic book character.
    dude, what in the blue blazes does Blade have to do with anything here?

Hell, Stan Lee didn't even make cameos in the films.
    Which was probably a good thing for the first two Blade Movies IMHO.

Mr Lee would have just been at home in Blade: Trinity though.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Welcome to the Fold!

Reginald Hudlin's run is hit and miss depending on who you ask. I personally feel it starts off weak but gets stronger as it goes, and his last Black Panther arc was solid. His Flags of our Father was GREAT fun!
    I will Add,
    Black Panther: Most Dangerous Man Alive Trade that just dropped.
    And Jungle Action by Don Mcgregor.

the essential Black Panther which just came out and The Marvel Masterworks Black Panther has the whole Jungle Action also.

And Avengers World Trust and Red Zone.
    Last edited by Umbra; 05-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Hmmm....y nt both?
    Because the OP didn't suggest both.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Great episode of A:EMH today! If you haven't seen it please do. The Skrull Invasion story is gewtting really good. And T'Challa's last scene was very cool. "See Wakanda and Die" anyone? I can't do alot of things they did in the book but if they come close, it's going to be awesome.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Nah..not at all. I don't see why he would be needed. You might as well get Tyler Perry also. Lol...nah. As Avengers pointed out with Whedon...get scfi who understand...or you end up with Ang Lee Hulk. Lee is freaking awesome...but his Hulk missed the mark.

The Panther needs a director who understands...and he doesnt have to be black to me. Just the best guy for the job.
    Hudlin should produce..He's good enough to produce a actual blockbuster. He is currently producing Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, starring Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson.

they need someone with vision and who has sci fi/ fantasy/ action back ground in my opinion. I don't want to see " the moral of the story " movies that those dude always do.
    Ridley Scott would be my first (and only) to direct such an epic just off of his work on Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and the soon to be unleashed PROMETHEUS.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Welcome to the thread and follow Greg and Umbra's advice.

Welcome to the party.

In answer to your question.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Welcome to the Fold!

^^^Everything he said 100% with the admonition that you avaoid Jonathan Maberry's Doomwar and Klaws Of The Panther as if your life depended on it. :smh:
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    ^^^Everything he said 100% with the admonition that you avaoid Jonathan Maberry's Doomwar and Klaws Of The Panther as if your life depended on it. :smh:
    Avoid it like the plague in a filthy medieval city.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Plague ridden rats are no joke, I kid you not.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I'm going to third and concur this vote.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!