Page 403 of 668 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 10006
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

I can't see "international" heroes like Namor or BP spinning out of anything but the SHIELD movie when it gets going. Of course there can be references but it may start to take shape there. Marvel Cinematic Universe's style has been to show and present different elements of the MU in different movies. Like we know cosmic is coming down the pike and that has been actuated by an appearance by Thanos. It's a clue of what's to come. Outside of what we have seen about Cap's shield we havent seen much of BP anything lately. Heck Thanos could pop up in any one of the Big three's movies(Probably THor if we're to be honest).

Hopefully we will see more in the second and third wave of properties. The genres these different corners of the MU represents will make will be a blast to expereince.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Totally agree. Another way to bring in BP into the next movie. Stark:"The shield is part vibranium, a rare metal found only in Wakanda. I have a friend there." How long did it take to say that sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    It wasn't referenced overtly, but unless the plan is giving vibranium a new origin then it is a reference to Wakanda. Big reference or little reference aside it is still a reference. It is not one that people who don't know comics would get and that is why I said it depends on the viewer. Once again, I'm not arguing for or against anything, I'm just talking about the facts.
    And Maj is talking about an actual REFERENCE, not a clue. It's like going to a KKK rally and asking the men gathered ''What is the sound of one hand clapping?" and looking for an answer. Expecting the men gathered to be into Zen when their interest is hate. I understand your point, but clarity for the masses and bigger bone for the geeks would not hurt.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afropolo View Post
    And Maj is talking about an actual REFERENCE, not a clue. It's like going to a KKK rally and asking the men gathered ''What is the sound of one hand clapping?" and looking for an answer. Expecting the men gathered to be into Zen when their interest is hate. I understand your point, but clarity for the masses and bigger bone for the geeks would not hurt.
    At that point it depends on what you consider a reference. It's not like vibranum comes form anywhere else.

Once again, I'm not saying that it was enough, just that it existed. You don't have anything to disagree with me about concerning proper exposure for BP, so stop trying to argue.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 05-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I can't see "international" heroes like Namor or BP spinning out of anything but the SHIELD movie when it gets going. Of course there can be references but it may start to take shape there. Marvel Cinematic Universe's style has been to show and present different elements of the MU in different movies. Like we know cosmic is coming down the pike and that has been actuated by an appearance by Thanos. It's a clue of what's to come. Outside of what we have seen about Cap's shield we havent seen much of BP anything lately. Heck Thanos could pop up in any one of the Big three's movies(Probably THor if we're to be honest).

Hopefully we will see more in the second and third wave of properties. The genres these different corners of the MU represents will make will be a blast to expereince.
    SHIELD? Really? Captain America and international allies, yeah. But BP in the whole international espionage light? I want him to feel like a HERO. Not a super agent like Black Widow and Hawkeye seem to be potrayed. I gotta see the movie and get back to you on this one.

It doesn't mean he has to be a PART of SHIELD. But it's the context that matters. SHIELD is international. I think it's more likely that they introduce the NATION of Wakanda in SHIELD. It just fits better. That's not to say he can't show up anywhere elese I think it's more likely is all. Maybe Iron Man b/c of his national business acumen? I'm talking more interactions. B/c when you talk about BP you have to be ready to introduce the nation and all of it's mythology.

SHIELD? Really? Captain America and international allies, yeah. But BP in the whole international espionage light? I want him to feel like a HERO. Not a super agent like Black Widow and Hawkeye seem to be potrayed. I gotta see the movie and get back to you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    At that point it depends on what you consider a reference. Once again, I'm not saying that it was enough, just that it existed. You don't have anything to disagree with me about concerning proper exposure for BP, so stop trying to argue.
    I'm not arguing. Just responding. At this point it depends on what you consider an argument. And yes, so far as you have an opinion (you can say fact if you like) on any given subject on this thread, I am free to respond. I guess it just boils down on how you take it.

The Avengers would be the better venue for Panther. It's an already established product, has a higher profile and the ties are easier to make there than to a SHIELD movie. Cap's SHIELD is a vibranium-admantium alloy. BP has a long history with the Avengers. There's also Flag's of our Father's which already establishes Captain America's first encounter with Wakanda.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

It doesn't mean he has to be a PART of SHIELD. But it's the context that matters. SHIELD is international. I think it's more likely that they introduce the NATION of Wakanda in SHIELD. It just fits better. That's not to say he can't show up anywhere elese I think it's more likely is all. Maybe Iron Man b/c of his national business acumen? I'm talking more interactions. B/c when you talk about BP you have to be ready to introduce the nation and all of it's mythology.
    Yeah! Tony Stark and Vibranium!! That IS a nice fit.

Sure. But in terms of how MCU does things I feel the first peek won't come until SHIELD.

Like the same way they teased Thanos indirectly with the Infinity Gauntlet THEN showed him. So we know cosmic elements are next. Here it's the same they talk about vibranium and such. The only place it can be shown imo is SHIELD maybe Iron man also. Hey I could be wrong though.

It's the same with how Avengers came into play.

Yeah! Tony Stark and Vibranium!! That IS a nice fit.

Captain America 2... somehow someone manages to break Cap's Shield (AIM scientists figure out a way to do it somehow... whatever I don't care lol), Cap and *gulp* Falcon kick ass and win.

Post credit scene... Cap is talking to Fury asking how they are going to fix his shield. Fury goes "There is only one place in the world where they could fix a vibranium shield and their not exactly friendly to outsiders..." camera pans to Africa, zooms in to a technologically advanced city in the middle of a jungle and finally onto Black Panther sitting on the throne of Wakanda.

Hey thats an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Captain America 2... somehow someone manages to break Cap's Shield (AIM scientists figure out a way to do it somehow... whatever I don't care lol), Cap and *gulp* Falcon kick ass and win.

Post credit scene... Cap is talking to Fury asking how they are going to fix his shield. Fury goes "There is only one place in the world where they could fix a vibranium shield and their not exactly friendly to outsiders..." camera pans to Africa, zooms in to a technologically advanced city in the middle of a jungle and finally onto Black Panther sitting on the throne of Wakanda.

I give up hope on the Panther movie.

If Marvel cared about the character and was planning on pushing a movie in the future then he's be in other products already. They've already got Black Fury and I'm sure they feel their quota is filled.

Ant Man and GoG will fail btw and then they'll stop trying to branch out from the "big 4"

BANNED

Lol, I agree Ekie. Loeb-ism is everywhere lol. But I kinda gave up when John Carter was such a epic fail. They will get picky and conservative. So right now, if the can't treat him like Hawkeye or Black Widow..then idk.

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    I give up hope on the Panther movie.

If Marvel cared about the character and was planning on pushing a movie in the future then he's be in other products already. They've already got Black Fury and I'm sure they feel their quota is filled.

Ant Man and GoG will fail btw and then they'll stop trying to branch out from the "big 4"
    I think GoG will be fine if they get a good director who can work with groups to do it. And if they don't have a ridiculous budget due to CGI.

Ant-Man will fail miserably though. Boring character with no rogue gallery to speak of (Ultron is a global threat, not his) with boring powers

Ant-Man movie: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.