Page 392 of 668 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    I wasn't aware of the herb. I'm interested. What's he like normally, and after a little herb?
    Right now he is peak human, due to some Alchemy that went on before Doom War. He doesn't have the blessing of the panther god or the herb so he is technically not the black panther. That title belongs to his sister at the moment. Although, from the rumblings we here, that is about to change again.

We honestly don't know what happens when you add the black panther powers to an already peak human. It hasn't been shown yet. He made himself peak human after losing the black panther powers.

In the past with the black panther powers, he has been shown to be one of the fastest heroes in the MU, enhanced strength, super reflexes, and enhanced senses (like Wolverine).

He has also been trained to be a warrior since birth, making him one of the deadliest hand to hand combatants int he MU.

Also, he is one of the 8 smartest men in the world. He uses this intelligence to not only invent gadgets (such a X-gene inhibitor) but also he is a master at planning. He always has a plan for everything, especially in war.

He also in the past had access to the largest supply of Vibranium in the world. The country he is king of is the most technologically advanced country in the world.

aka he is a super ninja who rules his own nation and is a genius. aka BAD ASS

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Not going to disagree. Just saying look at Luke. He's in a better spot...because of the format they used. It's proven. If the book fails and T'challa is lead..with b and c listers...that's it. We may never get a shot again...We have seen what works. Best to follow the same format as Cage. Then take do something that's good, but gets canned...and this market is totally different now. Look at Avengers academy.... Great book, but sales are on the fence. Liss was great..canned. Just don't think he can afford it.

I'm actually for him being on the main Avengers team...with Hulk, Cap, Thor and Ironman. If they can't write him correctly where it counts most...then it's all bs. He could have his own team like Storm has too..being in Uncanny...then in X-men. So that might work.

I don't see him getting Dark or Secret. Secret's mission statement is weird...it's like they are the Defenders. T'challa has never really lead the Avengers...some missions...but it was all half hearted. So he deserves to lead SA, even over widow.

My SA.

Black Panther (Team leader) [polymath-super ninja]
    Blade [meat shield]
    Storm [Fog, weather advantage, master thief and lock pick, squad leader]
    Winter Soldier
    Wolverine [tracker, meat shield]
    Ares [tank]
    Black Widow (Squad Leader)
    War Machine [tank]
    Valkyrie. [tank]
    Moon Knight
    Red Hulk[tank]
    Elektra

This team would operate like "the Team" on Young Justice. squads between 2-5 members.
    They are all killers. with the exception of Storm...but she has killed. And would allow them to use her powers as for cover and team flight.

They will also go after mutant hating racist!
    Gd list but we would substitute/switch...

Blue Marvel in place of Rulk

Shang-chi in place of Wolverine

American Eagle in place of Ares

Hv Mantis, Punisher & Photon as semi-regulars/guest stars here & der

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Gd list but we would substitute/switch...

Blue Marvel in place of Rulk

Shang-chi in place of Wolverine

American Eagle in place of Ares

Hv Mantis, Punisher & Photon as semi-regulars/guest stars here & der
    Just add those guys then. I honestly forgot...BM, is still my SHIELD/SWORD guy...and I guess they would fit.

BANNED

I wasn't aware of the herb. I'm interested. What's he like normally, and after a little herb?
    Both Brandon and Dbc pretty much summed it up.

Slamming a 4 ton Rhino. Does this on the regular, for sport.

Jumps down 30 feet, on torn tendons...and lands silently.

D "herb" relates 2 d heart shaped herb only found in Wakanda & strictly awarded 2 d king upon bcuming BP which enhances him 2 a peak human state with enhanced senses & agility but as d BP Tchalla also bcums d avatar of d Panther God who anoints him with nightvision, astral perception(ability 2 detect magic & invincibly hidden forms) & animal-like spartial perception/ jungle senses 2 feel incoming danger not as literally as Spiderman but mo like hw certain prey would feel very uneasy due 2 d presence of an unseen predator(hence d jungle senses).

But we most certainly assure u dat der is a hellova lot mo 2 BP/Tchalla dan u may realize @ 1st glance...such as his genius level intellect(amongst top 8 most intelligent in d MU) not only in science but a grand scheme strategist, specialty in stealth(think a cat stalking its prey), "world's gr8est pokerface"(u will understand dis if u get sum of d recommended reading below) & his mystique nature/personality.

If u dont mind we would recommend 2 get d 1st 8-12 issues of Christopher Priest's run of BP(it went 4 62 issues)....4 enlightment of who & wat BP is & is capable of.

If u do get any pls post here & keep us updated along with ur thought & reviews on d issues u hv read.

Oh & by d way....welkom 2 'Wakanda'(BP Thread).

And uhm...d u by any chance watch Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes toon?
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-01-2012 at 11:05 AM.

BANNED

Fighting a entire army of both warriors and monsters.

BANNED

Moves fast as a shadow.

**smile**

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    somehow I missed this tribute video. Well here is another Panther fan on youtube showing his love

Wait, WTF? Someone took my vid and put a different song to it!

Ok, not entirely completely mine, but a good majority of it is my edited video. He just added certain clips.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Wait, WTF? Someone took my vid and put a different song to it!

Ok, not entirely completely mine, but a good majority of it is my edited video. He just added certain clips.
    Here's mine.

Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BANNED

Get him Greg. Lol..

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    It has been that way for a whopping... 4 issues maybe? Cap was leading the team until recently. Not really the same.

Plus, the team as a plethora of high C, and B level characters. and recently essentially replaced Cap with Venom, someone who is managing to hold his own solo.
    The difference between a high C or B level character is pretty subjective. If anything the name "Avengers" in the title is more useful.

They are revamping Thunderbolts as Dark Avengers for that very reason.

Avengers Academy is focused on the kids who the fans don't consider "real Avengers" so the book founders sales-wise.

Slott's Mighty Avengers actually sold better than Avengers Academy and didn't have a single A lister in it (unless you consider Hank Pym an A lister).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The difference between a high C or B level character is pretty subjective. If anything the name "Avengers" in the title is more useful.

They are revamping Thunderbolts as Dark Avengers for that very reason.

Avengers Academy is focused on the kids who the fans don't consider "real Avengers" so the book founders sales-wise.

Slott's Mighty Avengers actually sold better than Avengers Academy and didn't have a single A lister in it (unless you consider Hank Pym an A lister).
    Yeah. My point was he can't have a Slott Avengers..it was great to me...better then Bru and Bendis Avengers..and they cancelled it.
    Last edited by Umbra; 05-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Yeah. My point was he can't have a Slott Avengers..it was great to me...better then Bru and Bendis Avengers..and they cancelled it.
    As a result of Bendis mega plot. Dark Avengers and Avengers Initative also got cancelled at the end of Seige.

Any Avengers book that isn't written by an Archetect is gonna be in that position.

I was going over Ultron Unlimited again this morning and I honestly forgot how much of a bada** T'Challa was in that story.

Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As a result of Bendis mega plot. Dark Avengers and Avengers Initative also got cancelled at the end of Seige.

Any Avengers book that isn't written by an Archetect is gonna be in that position.

Yeah...and he took over. Lol...still..I think the Luke way of building him up, might be the best. Not sure how that is done though.
    He needs to be on a team with Tony..and a writer who writes there dynamic correctly.