Page 385 of 668 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 10006
  1. #5761
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    No idea. I'm not going to even try to make sense of this event. Lol.
    Good Idea. My biggest problem fight wise is powerhouses who are not muscle are not really being portrayed as powerful. Scott is firing single shots, Storm's just using some lightning, etc.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  2. #5762
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Hey, everyone. I was looking at a site featuring public domain characters from the Golden Age of comics, and I stumbled upon Lion Man, whose first and only appearance was in All-Negro Comics, an anthology comic featuring stories written, illustrated, etc. by African American creators. Although he was born in America and doesn't wear a cat costume, Lion Man struck me as very similar to T'Challa in several ways. Below is Lion Man's profile, taken from Comicvine and a wiki page:

    This Tarzan-esque adventure story begins with this foreword: “American-born, college educated, Lion Man is a young scientist, sent by the United Nations to watch over the fearsome ‘Magic Mountain’ of the African Gold Coast. Within its crater lies the world’s largest deposit of Uranium – enough to make an atom bomb that could destroy the world. Lion Man’s job is to report on the doings of any treacherous nation that might seek to carry away any of the lethal stuff for the purpose of war." Also a member of the Zulu Tribe, he was known only as the Lion, or Lion Man.
    In his single published adventure, Lion Man was joined by the young orphan Bubba in protecting the uranium from the villainous Dr. Blut Sangro and his henchman Brosser. Lion Man's detective skills made him aware of their presence, and equipment in his laboratory helped track them. Lion Man made short work of the pair. Though Bubba killed Brosser with machine gun fire, Dr. Sangro escaped to swear vengeance.
    Lion man possessed peak human strength, speed agility and athleticism.
    Genius level intellect in the areas of physics, biology, and engineering.

    One wonders if Lee or Kirby ever saw All-Negro Comics and were inspired two decades later. Now since he's in the public domain, Marvel could probably make use of him in their stories if they wanted to. Imagine Lion Man teaming up with Azziri the wise taking out Nazis, Italians, and other threats.

    Hindsight lad

  3. #5763
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight lad View Post
    Hey, everyone. I was looking at a site featuring public domain characters from the Golden Age of comics, and I stumbled upon Lion Man, whose first and only appearance was in All-Negro Comics, an anthology comic featuring stories written, illustrated, etc. by African American creators. Although he was born in America and doesn't wear a cat costume, Lion Man struck me as very similar to T'Challa in several ways. Below is Lion Man's profile, taken from Comicvine and a wiki page:

    This Tarzan-esque adventure story begins with this foreword: “American-born, college educated, Lion Man is a young scientist, sent by the United Nations to watch over the fearsome ‘Magic Mountain’ of the African Gold Coast. Within its crater lies the world’s largest deposit of Uranium – enough to make an atom bomb that could destroy the world. Lion Man’s job is to report on the doings of any treacherous nation that might seek to carry away any of the lethal stuff for the purpose of war." Also a member of the Zulu Tribe, he was known only as the Lion, or Lion Man.
    In his single published adventure, Lion Man was joined by the young orphan Bubba in protecting the uranium from the villainous Dr. Blut Sangro and his henchman Brosser. Lion Man's detective skills made him aware of their presence, and equipment in his laboratory helped track them. Lion Man made short work of the pair. Though Bubba killed Brosser with machine gun fire, Dr. Sangro escaped to swear vengeance.
    Lion man possessed peak human strength, speed agility and athleticism.
    Genius level intellect in the areas of physics, biology, and engineering.

    One wonders if Lee or Kirby ever saw All-Negro Comics and were inspired two decades later. Now since he's in the public domain, Marvel could probably make use of him in their stories if they wanted to. Imagine Lion Man teaming up with Azziri the wise taking out Nazis, Italians, and other threats.

    Hindsight lad
    You had me until Bubba. I keep thinking of Sanford and Son.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  4. #5764
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    You had me until Bubba. I keep thinking of Sanford and Son.
    Well, we don't have to keep everything about the character. And yeah, on further research, Bubba might be a hard sell.

    http://www.oddball-comics.com/articl...ory=2007-02-26

    Hindsight lad

  5. #5765
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

    Storm and the Panther.
    Two things

    1) WATXM tie in issue has made more sense then AvX

    2) Nick frakin' Bradshaw drawing Storm and T'Challa, all I need now is Chris Bachalo and Joe Mad( I'm not counting that fake Ultimate Panther bs ) to draw T'Challa and pretty much all my art heroes will have drawn him

    Also off topic but look what came in for me from my local bookstore that I special ordered two days ago
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

  6. #5766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    No idea. I'm not going to even try to make sense of this event. Lol.
    I just... don't understand.

    Logan explained to his school what he was doing. He said protect the school at all costs.

    So errr.. why is his team fighting the Avengers? Just. Don't. Understand.

    And I thought T'challa and Iron Fist were headed to Wakanda.....


    my head hurts

  7. #5767
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    I just... don't understand.

    Logan explained to his school what he was doing. He said protect the school at all costs.

    So errr.. why is his team fighting the Avengers? Just. Don't. Understand.

    And I thought T'challa and Iron Fist were headed to Wakanda.....


    my head hurts
    They are in Wakanda...and I don't think he is fighting Logan's team. Dr.Nemesis isn't on it. But how he gets three is another story.

  8. #5768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genki sudo View Post
    two things

    1) watxm tie in issue has made more sense then avx

    2) nick frakin' bradshaw drawing storm and t'challa, all i need now is chris bachalo and joe mad( i'm not counting that fake ultimate panther bs ) to draw t'challa and pretty much all my art heroes will have drawn him

    also off topic but look what came in for me from my local bookstore that i special ordered two days ago

    2 awesome things!!!!!!!!!!
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

  9. #5769
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Two things

    1) WATXM tie in issue has made more sense then AvX

    2) Nick frakin' Bradshaw drawing Storm and T'Challa, all I need now is Chris Bachalo and Joe Mad( I'm not counting that fake Ultimate Panther bs ) to draw T'Challa and pretty much all my art heroes will have drawn him

    Also off topic but look what came in for me from my local bookstore that I special ordered two days ago
    The lasts a awesome TPB and story.

  10. #5770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    They are in Wakanda...and I don't think he is fighting Logan's team. Dr.Nemesis isn't on it. But how he gets three is another story.
    Rachel, Bobby and that is either Minic or Angel are all on Logan's team.

  11. #5771
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Rachel, Bobby and that is either Minic or Angel are all on Logan's team.
    I don't think it that clear cut. It said there will be a lot of shifting alliances. So it's better just not to think about it. Lol

  12. #5772

    Default

    BP in the newest EMH:

    - nothing. This was a heroes for hire, pym, and lang episode. No avengers except for was for 2 mins were in it


    Cage and Fish were bad asses though. If I can't get top two characters on there (BP and Thor) trhen I will take number three (Cage). Althought I still haven't got my Thor fix this season.. guess the movie will have to do :)

    Also in ultimate spidey, it mentioned white tiger has steal claws, not vibranium thankfully
    Last edited by dbcb314; 04-29-2012 at 09:17 AM.

  13. #5773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I don't think it that clear cut. It said there will be a lot of shifting alliances. So it's better just not to think about it. Lol
    Unless Logan switches side after Cap punches him, there isn't a single adult mutant at his school who agrees with him other than Beast.

    Gambit is shown fighting Cap in the Savage Land. And Iceman and Rachel are up above. So three of his top teachers don't agree with him lol. Who does then?

    And unless everywhere they go there is an anti-telepath stuff, this fight is dumb. Rachel would mind stomp all of them at once lol.

    *Sigh* stupid events

  14. #5774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight lad View Post
    Hey, everyone. I was looking at a site featuring public domain characters from the Golden Age of comics, and I stumbled upon Lion Man, whose first and only appearance was in All-Negro Comics, an anthology comic featuring stories written, illustrated, etc. by African American creators. Although he was born in America and doesn't wear a cat costume, Lion Man struck me as very similar to T'Challa in several ways. Below is Lion Man's profile, taken from Comicvine and a wiki page:

    This Tarzan-esque adventure story begins with this foreword: “American-born, college educated, Lion Man is a young scientist, sent by the United Nations to watch over the fearsome ‘Magic Mountain’ of the African Gold Coast. Within its crater lies the world’s largest deposit of Uranium – enough to make an atom bomb that could destroy the world. Lion Man’s job is to report on the doings of any treacherous nation that might seek to carry away any of the lethal stuff for the purpose of war." Also a member of the Zulu Tribe, he was known only as the Lion, or Lion Man.
    In his single published adventure, Lion Man was joined by the young orphan Bubba in protecting the uranium from the villainous Dr. Blut Sangro and his henchman Brosser. Lion Man's detective skills made him aware of their presence, and equipment in his laboratory helped track them. Lion Man made short work of the pair. Though Bubba killed Brosser with machine gun fire, Dr. Sangro escaped to swear vengeance.
    Lion man possessed peak human strength, speed agility and athleticism.
    Genius level intellect in the areas of physics, biology, and engineering.

    One wonders if Lee or Kirby ever saw All-Negro Comics and were inspired two decades later. Now since he's in the public domain, Marvel could probably make use of him in their stories if they wanted to. Imagine Lion Man teaming up with Azziri the wise taking out Nazis, Italians, and other threats.

    Hindsight lad
    Very cool. Also public domain is great news. We can all use him to our hearts content, and write BPesque stories the way we'd like.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  15. #5775
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Wakanda
    Posts
    17,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Unless Logan switches side after Cap punches him, there isn't a single adult mutant at his school who agrees with him other than Beast.

    Gambit is shown fighting Cap in the Savage Land. And Iceman and Rachel are up above. So three of his top teachers don't agree with him lol. Who does then?

    And unless everywhere they go there is an anti-telepath stuff, this fight is dumb. Rachel would mind stomp all of them at once lol.

    *Sigh* stupid events
    Yeah, there is a lot of side switching. So it's better to just wait. I cant wait until it's over. I hope there are sone real consequences...and not just for characters like Black Panther...but the others...that seem to get a slap on the wrist, and it's like nothing occurred.

    This weeks A:EMH was good. Young Justice Premise is awesome...too though.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •