Shield has a best selling book, Wakanda does not. You have to grasp that fact. Having Wakanda tied to that book would help Wakanda matter.
SHIELD does not need Wakanda to matter.
Hatred of Shuri makes for so many irrational posts masquerading as sensible commentary. Lol!
Brother Chaos Bringer
Professional TROLL killer
Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?
And if Tchalla is on the Avenger, with Hickmen writing..we will all probably not regret it.
- Doom beats his ass and nearly kills him.
- He is stripped of his BP powers
- He has to destroy what his country is known for to stop Doom.
- He moves to the ghetto of NY, opens a diner, and fights crime in a single neighbor hood.
A King of the most technologically advanced country in the world. In the Ghetto. Let that sink in.
So... he needs humbled even more?
Question, is T'challa even allowed to accomplish anything on his own?
Quinjets and tech have been pawned off to Stark..when that was his invention. I'm glad that Huldin and Maberry made Wakandan types FAR more advanced.
I'm just saying, he's a super genius too. Stark, Pym and Reed don't always call for help.
T'challa has even asked Doom for help! Sometimes it's all in the minds of certain readers. Let T'challa have his moment. He doesn't need Reed, Stark or Pym.
What they are doing with Hawkeye right now is what T'challa needs if he is ever going to succeed again as a solo book.
- Hawkeye now leads the Secret Avengers.
- Hawkeye is on the Avengers.
- Hawkeye frequently shows up in New Avengers even though he isn't on the roster due to Spiderwomen
- Hawkeye has (frequent) high profile relationships (Spiderwomen, Widow, Mockingbird)
- Hawkeye is in a movie
- Hawkeye is a big part of the Ultimate Universe
- They had a Captain American and Hawkeye thing going on if I remember correctly.
- Hawkeye was just in Avenging Spider-Man for an issue and then showed up in the next issue as a background character.
and now he has his own solo coming written by a big dog at Marvel (Fraction) who is eager to write him.
This is how you do it. If T'challa is to ever have his own book again, this is the EXACT template he needs to follow.
I mean, if the movie did something like...
Stark: Nice jets, who made these? These aren't my designs?
Fury: We have a source, its none of your concern
or some crap like that. Anything to HINT (again) at the existence of Wakanda in the movie universe will make me giddy as a school girl
IMO, You are correct but lets face it I can only point to two marvel minorities or females who have gotten that type of major push in the past decade. Hope Summers and Miles Morales. So I don't think its likely but who knows things might be turning around for the Black Panther.
Black History Month & 29 Days in February