Page 6 of 668 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Pretty much. Though Hawkeye was more experience leading a classic Avengers team. Black Panther is actually more suited to lead the Secret Avengers in my opinion. Same with Black Widow. Actually, it would have been nice is she got the job since she was already on the team.

Folks have to remember that T'challa is a freaking polymath-super-genius who plays chess with his opponents, with enhanced physical prowess and a master of armed and unarmed combat. He is also a King and a master at stealth and tracking.

He is perfectly suited for any team, and he could lead also.
    Captain America made Hawkeye the leader he is today. I recall from reading Essential Avengers and the really old comics..my dad owns--that originally Hawkeye was a bastard that no-one liked.

If I had a vote I would choose Hawkeye over Panther (simply because if Hawkeye isnt leading he isnt that interesting) that being said there are like 4 Avengers team..and I think BP could lead one of them.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Captain America made Hawkeye the leader he is today. I recall from reading Essential Avengers and the really old comics..my dad owns--that originally Hawkeye was a bastard that no-one liked.

If I had a vote I would choose Hawkeye over Panther that being said their are like 4 Avengers team..and I think BP could lead one of them.
    I agree with you. And you made a great point. Hawkeye didn't start out like folks are trying to make it...yet these same people make excuses to deny Panther? smh.

Yes! First post!

My first post in the new thread!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

I agree with you. And you made a great point. Hawkeye didn't start out like folks are trying to make it...yet these same people make excuses to deny Panther? smh.
    Interesting story idea; I said before that T'Challa wouldn't be good at leading a team that he wasn't already on good terms with the individual members. What about a situation where they don't have a choice in the matter? You have T'Challa and a team of heroes, none of whom have any experience in teaming with the others, forced together to fight a threat none of them could handle alone. A fire-forged team. Of course that's how most of the best teams got together to begin with.

"The Black Panther! Oh I have always wanted to meet him" :

Last edited by LastManStanding; 01-05-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Explain? Positions? I'm confused because I don't post on the X-boards as much. To much troll bate and I'm a troll hunter/slayer. j/k.
    check the Storm Appreciation Thread V first post and you'll see the names of Storm fans with their roles/positions
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

All Asgard salutes Black Panther:

Last edited by LastManStanding; 01-05-2012 at 04:10 AM.

So guys are actually more talkative than girls. Well, look at this thread.

But I think most Storm fans are guys too.

I wish Black Panther will make it to the finals for ultimate alpha male
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    check the Storm Appreciation Thread V first post and you'll see the names of Storm fans with their roles/positions
    Well, had CBB and names for that...something.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Lets compare the job qualifications of Hawkeye and Black Panther.

Hawkeye--ex-con. Circus Archer with skill. Courageous. Tenacious.
    Black Panther--Royal. Educated. Skilled fighter with Genius Intellect.

Now going purely objectively..on paper who should lead?
    Purely on paper?

Hawkeye led his team of Thunderbolts to victory over 25 villains after joining the team about a week earlier.

What does T'Challa have that even matches that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Purely on paper?

Hawkeye led his team of Thunderbolts to victory over 25 villains after joining the team about a week earlier.

What does T'Challa have that even matches that?
    Like I said writers, write. So there is no reason why T'challa should not be able to do the same, if a writer choose to write it that way.

I think that this Black Panther v Hawkeye debate is a little ridiculous. When Priest wrote Black Panther he wanted to justify why Panther would be on a team in a foreign land when he is a regal king in his own country. Add to that in most of those Avengers stories, he was mostly in the background. So he came up with the idea of why would he join the team. The reason is that he wanted to assess whether or not they presented a threat to Wakanda. He knows that the Avengers were powerful enough to be weapons but he found out they were honorable. So Priest said that the only reason a character like T'Challa would join a team and be in the background would be to monitor their abilities and assess whether they were a threat to his country.

The same think goes for Thor and Namor. Why would they join a team when they have a Kingdom to lead. So what do they do? They are remove from their countries. Either they are banished like Thor or their kingdom is destroyed like Atlantis. why would they join a superhero team in another country when that they have responsibilities in their county. It would be like President Obama joining England's superhero group. It just does not make since. So Priest came up with a reason why T'Challa would join another groups team and remain in the background.

The only reason that Hawkeye is being pushed is because he is being used in the upcoming Avengers movie. Marvel believes that once the movie comes out there will be a greater interest in Hawkeye so that want recent stories in the bank ready for a trade to see that features Hawkeye. if there was a BP movie, T'Challa would be uses all over the place.

Finally the debate with Hawkeye and Panther and who would be a better leader is almost like a rumbles argument. Just agree to disagree. Oh and Panther would be a way better leader by the way. He has led teams like the FF and entire armies.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Hawkeye is a side show... Panther is the main event

LOVE THE NEW THREAD TITLE