Page 6 of 334 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 5000
  1. #76
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so? there's always been other entertainment options besides wrestling since the turn of the century. doesn't mean the entire industry should just up and fold.
    why not? again this is just my opinion, but we used to have Saturday morning cartoons, now we don't...time passes, some things remain, some things pass
    Support your local roller derby league

  2. #77
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WWE pushes other people... they're just not as kid friendly as Cena is.

    Undertaker or Orton just don't work in that capacity, even though I'm sure there are some kids that are fans of theirs.

    Rey works... but I'm not sure how much gas he's got left in the tank.

    There are TONS of guys who can be anti-heroes. That's a dime a dozen. Orton, Taker, Triple H, CM Punk. But there aren't really any John Cena's. He fills a unique and very important niche for the company. That's not something you want to throw away needlessly.
    Rey sold to kids, so did Sin Cara, grab another lucha guy, give him a mask, and push him as a face, bam, merch money from the kids parents.

    Cena doesn't have to be at the top though, it diminishes the other people on the show and makes them less of a star.
    This is a simple thing, you know when WCW was at one of it's lowest points?

    After they got Hulk Hogan, they continued to push him as a face after crowds began booing him. WWE has been doing this with no change for years now.

  3. #78
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Rey sold to kids, so did Sin Cara, grab another lucha guy, give him a mask, and push him as a face, bam, merch money from the kids parents.

    Cena doesn't have to be at the top though, it diminishes the other people on the show and makes them less of a star.
    This is a simple thing, you know when WCW was at one of it's lowest points?

    After they got Hulk Hogan, they continued to push him as a face after crowds began booing him. WWE has been doing this with no change for years now.
    Hopefully not too many kids bought Sin Caras shirt.

    But as far as Cena being at the top... right now he's not a world champion. They have pushed other guys besides Cena... CM Punk and Orton are the closest to his level, though they're not there yet. And they frankly might not ever be... but we'll see.

    I certainly don't disagree that WWE needs to push other people... I just dispute that they need to turn Cena heel to do it.

  4. #79
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hopefully not too many kids bought Sin Caras shirt.

    But as far as Cena being at the top... right now he's not a world champion. They have pushed other guys besides Cena... CM Punk and Orton are the closest to his level, though they're not there yet. And they frankly might not ever be... but we'll see.

    I certainly don't disagree that WWE needs to push other people... I just dispute that they need to turn Cena heel to do it.
    As long as Cena is a face we will get him at the start and end of every single Raw talking about how some people don't like him and telling bad jokes.

  5. #80
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    38,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    why not? again this is just my opinion, but we used to have Saturday morning cartoons, now we don't...time passes, some things remain, some things pass
    because saturday morning cartoons is the same as a world wide sports industry.


    and FYI, sat morning cartoons still exist. just not as good as they use to be.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

  6. #81
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    As long as Cena is a face we will get him at the start and end of every single Raw talking about how some people don't like him and telling bad jokes.
    There were some where Punk started and ended the show too.

    And obviously Cena isn't on Smackdown. Someone else is starting and ending the show there too.

  7. #82
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There were some where Punk started and ended the show too.

    And obviously Cena isn't on Smackdown. Someone else is starting and ending the show there too.
    I said Raw.
    They got a low rating when they put Bryan, Ryder and Punk at the start and end of the show (After Cole burying Bryan and Ryder for the whole episode)..
    Since then Cena has started and ended the show, Fucking chris jericho came back at 10:30. Cena is the only guy they trust.
    Last edited by Alex; 01-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #83
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I saw Raw.
    They got a low rating when they put Bryan, Ryder and Punk at the start and end of the show (After Cole burying Bryan and Ryder for the whole episode)..
    Since then Cena has started and ended the show, Fucking chris jericho came back at 10:30. Cena is the only guy they trust.
    I don't really pay attention to rating segments... but if it's true that ratings drop when Cena isn't on the air then yeah, the probably will use him at key moments.

    But in the least they were certainly TRYING to use other people. WWE can sell CM Punk... but it's up to the viewers to actually buy it.

  9. #84
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    because saturday morning cartoons is the same as a world wide sports industry.
    Im sure there are many animators and voice actors who would beg to differ, good sir

    anyway I was just tossing a notion out there...if I woke up tomorrow and the WWE was gone, I might be sad for a hot minute....and then Id go get some waffles
    Support your local roller derby league

  10. #85
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    And to go further, pro wrestling is not about how the fans feel about a wrestler.
    His promos, Kanes promos, are about how the fans react to him. That doesn't build a match, no one buys a ppv to see how the fans react to Cena, especialy since they know the fans are going to boo him.

  11. #86
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Im sure there are many animators and voice actors who would beg to differ, good sir

    anyway I was just tossing a notion out there...if I woke up tomorrow and the WWE was gone, I might be sad for a hot minute....and then Id go get some pancakes
    I would love some pancakes.

  12. #87
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,211

    Default

    and speaking of cartoons

    King Arthur and the Knights of Justice is available on Watch Instant/Netflix, along with Double Dragon and Street Sharks
    Support your local roller derby league

  13. #88
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I saw Raw.
    They got a low rating when they put Bryan, Ryder and Punk at the start and end of the show (After Cole burying Bryan and Ryder for the whole episode)..Since then Cena has started and ended the show, Fucking chris jericho came back at 10:30. Cena is the only guy they trust.
    This could be just me trying to figure out the logic behind WWE's questionable tactics but did it ever occur to WWE to just stop and think to themselves "Ok Danielson is champion and we need to push him so that the fans could give a damn but there is one opstacle thats making that a little difficult" *glances at Cole*. For about over a year now Cole has been burying Danielson on commentary and yet WWE has never allowed Danielson to get any payback. Also Cole has reached a point that the people in the back have been complaining how annoying he has become with his Danielson bashing. So just putting a idea for WWE in that if they really give a damn about Danielson then just let him kick Cole's ass then Cole finally shuts up about him. I know they are trying to make this underdog angle where Danielson would try to prove Cole wrong but lately Cole is making people start to believe his BS.

    Pretty soon Danielson wont have much heat going for him and he will be sent back to midcard and back to jobbing. Since WWE isn't letting Danielson get payback against Cole anytime soon then it just goes back to my belief in that WWE deep down doesn't give a damn about Danielson and the bashing that Cole is giving them is WWE Management's own opinion concerning Danielson. And the fans that are buying into Cole's bashing is eating out of the palm of WWE Management's hand. The bulk of the complaints against Cole is his constant bashing of Danielson yet WWE isn't making any attempt in having Cole chill on those.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  14. #89
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This could be just me trying to figure out the logic behind WWE's questionable tactics but did it ever occur to WWE to just stop and think to themselves "Ok Danielson is champion and we need to push him so that the fans could give a damn but there is one opstacle thats making that a little difficult" *glances at Cole*. For about over a year now Cole has been burying Danielson on commentary and yet WWE has never allowed Danielson to get any payback. Also Cole has reached a point that the people in the back have been complaining how annoying he has become with his Danielson bashing. So just putting a idea for WWE in that if they really give a damn about Danielson then just let him kick Cole's ass then Cole finally shuts up about him. I know they are trying to make this underdog angle where Danielson would try to prove Cole wrong but lately Cole is making people start to believe his BS.

    Pretty soon Danielson wont have much heat going for him and he will be sent back to midcard and back to jobbing. Since WWE isn't letting Danielson get payback against Cole anytime soon then it just goes back to my belief in that WWE deep down doesn't give a damn about Danielson and the bashing that Cole is giving them is WWE Management's own opinion concerning Danielson. And the fans that are buying into Cole's bashing is eating out of the palm of WWE Management's hand. The bulk of the complaints against Cole is his constant bashing of Danielson yet WWE isn't making any attempt in having Cole chill on those.
    The other thing they got from that low rated Raw was Cole has been way toned down since it.
    the Dirtsheets say people finaly went to Vince and told him to stop because it was hurting the product.

    Let me stress this, in 2012 Vince McMahon had to be told that having your lead announcer call the people in your main event nerds for 2 hours might make people change the channel.

  15. #90
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    38,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Im sure there are many animators and voice actors who would beg to differ, good sir

    anyway I was just tossing a notion out there...if I woke up tomorrow and the WWE was gone, I might be sad for a hot minute....and then Id go get some waffles
    cartoons come and go. wrestling has been around since the late 80s in the states, so its not going anywhere soon, regardless of what else is out there. basketball isn't as popular as it was back in the day. doesn't mean its time for the sport as a whole to fold up.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •