Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    no, the point is to give cena a feud until mania and try to tell an interesting story along the way not to change him. personally i don't think they're failing i just don't think kane is a very good wrestler and i'd much rather see somebody else in the spot. some people think MASKED kane is interesting though, and i think cena can actually get a good match out of him.

i think having cena doubt himself, maybe admit he hates kane, and then rise above it and defeat him is the best thing to do. it's not the best program ever but i'll take it over any cm punk, HHH, or zack ryder program at this point.
    In my opinion, they are going to have the biggest wrestlemania ever.
    It should not be hated face against loved face, to maximize, it should be loved face was hated heel, OR loved face against loved face.
    So at this point, they can turn Cena, or they can make people like Cena (impossible at this point with the quality of their writers).

I would prefer to see HHH win the belt from Punk at this point, i REALLY hate this angle, because i don't think they will make Cena turn heel, and i can think of many many many many people who will have better matches then Kane.

And he's controlling fire, i cannot get over that in 2012.

Also, we are approaching a ppv where 2 of the big matches will feature Kane and Big Show and Mark Henry, and not in the same match.
    They could have considered that and been a little more varied in their match ups.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I want you guys to fantasy book for me.
    A lot of people hate this Cena/Kane thing, but at least 2 people here don't hate it, no matter what camp you fall in, how do they end with without Cena turning heel that doesn't make the entire thing seem worthless?

What i mean is, if it ends with Cena beating Kane and then giving the same speech he has been giving every week about rising above hate and loving all the fans no matter what etc etc, doesn't that mean the entire angle was pointless because it didn't change Cena at all, and it wasn't for a belt, and it just reconfirmed that Cena is a good guy (which everyone knows, which is part of the reason they hate him).

But, i could be missing something.
    I don't mind the Kane/Cena stuff. Kane's awesome - no matter how stupid his stuff is, people still love him. He's absolutely bulletproof.

Fantasy booking, eh? I'll put it this way, they don't need to do a full Cena turn to have Kane's run with Cena be productive. I'm not sure I'd even have a Kane/Cena match. He can just keep showing up and tormenting Cena. Cena's always got an eye out for Kane, so he starts losing matches. In frustration, he slips up and grabs the trunks or something to win a match.

At that point, you've got your heel Cena for Wrestlemania, since he's going to get booed out of the building against the Rock anyways. They can switch over to Cena/Rock for the month or so leading into WM. Once that's done, they can revisit Kane vs. Cena - the question for Cena becomes whether it's worse to compete and get booed win or lose, or to win dishonorably. Cena could try to cheat against Kane and have it backfire, at which point Cena would give a big speech about how you have to be true to yourself, he'd stop cheating, and then be able to overcome Kane once and for all.

That way, you've given Cena something to do through about May/June, thrown some extra intrigue into Rock vs. Cena, and you end up with Cena back in the good-guy role. Hopefully the heel tease will be enough to get the crowd off Cena's back for a while (the way things are now doesn't count because they're feeding that beast deliberately).

no, the point is to give cena a feud until mania and try to tell an interesting story along the way not to change him. personally i don't think they're failing i just don't think kane is a very good wrestler and i'd much rather see somebody else in the spot. some people think MASKED kane is interesting though, and i think cena can actually get a good match out of him.

i think having cena doubt himself, maybe admit he hates kane, and then rise above it and defeat him is the best thing to do. it's not the best program ever but i'll take it over any cm punk, HHH, or zack ryder program at this point.
    Kane's good for a big guy. I mean, Ezekiel Jackson is bad for a big guy. Kane's way better than that. He's not exciting, but there's a reason he's been there for 15 years (or however long it's been).

Bonus points if Kane chases Cena off with a pair of jumper cables.

Even in fantasy booking it ends with Cena giving a cheesy as shit speech.

I still fail to understand why he can't hate a dude and still be a good guy.

This angle will be a good thing if when it ends Cena stops giving that same damn speech at the end, then i will call it one of the best storylines of the year.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I don't mind the Kane/Cena stuff. Kane's awesome - no matter how stupid his stuff is, people still love him. He's absolutely bulletproof.

Fantasy booking, eh? I'll put it this way, they don't need to do a full Cena turn to have Kane's run with Cena be productive. I'm not sure I'd even have a Kane/Cena match. He can just keep showing up and tormenting Cena. Cena's always got an eye out for Kane, so he starts losing matches. In frustration, he slips up and grabs the trunks or something to win a match.

At that point, you've got your heel Cena for Wrestlemania, since he's going to get booed out of the building against the Rock anyways. They can switch over to Cena/Rock for the month or so leading into WM. Once that's done, they can revisit Kane vs. Cena - the question for Cena becomes whether it's worse to compete and get booed win or lose, or to win dishonorably. Cena could try to cheat against Kane and have it backfire, at which point Cena would give a big speech about how you have to be true to yourself, he'd stop cheating, and then be able to overcome Kane once and for all.

That way, you've given Cena something to do through about May/June, thrown some extra intrigue into Rock vs. Cena, and you end up with Cena back in the good-guy role. Hopefully the heel tease will be enough to get the crowd off Cena's back for a while (the way things are now doesn't count because they're feeding that beast deliberately).
    if i'm going to turn cena it would be at mania during the match.

Kane's good for a big guy. I mean, Ezekiel Jackson is bad for a big guy. Kane's way better than that. He's not exciting, but there's a reason he's been there for 15 years (or however long it's been).

Bonus points if Kane chases Cena off with a pair of jumper cables.
    kane does better character work and does wrestle more like a big man, but some of that is because he can't bump like zeke can(but shouldn't) anyways. i'd say right now zeke is better than kane at the same point in his career. kane imo has been a decent/average big man at his best, zeke's in the same boat to me but has time on his side.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

This angle will be a good thing if when it ends Cena stops giving that same damn speech at the end, then i will call it one of the best storylines of the year.
    it's pretty simple, just read his shirt.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

-- Former WWE star John Morrison will wrestle his first post-WWE match on February 4th in the Philippines for the World Wrestling Fan Xperience promotion. Morrison will be replacing Ken Anderson in a match against Shelton Benjamin.

sounds like it could a pretty good match
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

A lot of people hate this Cena/Kane thing, but at least 2 people here don't hate it, no matter what camp you fall in, how do they end with without Cena turning heel that doesn't make the entire thing seem worthless?

What i mean is, if it ends with Cena beating Kane and then giving the same speech he has been giving every week about rising above hate and loving all the fans no matter what etc etc, doesn't that mean the entire angle was pointless because it didn't change Cena at all, and it wasn't for a belt, and it just reconfirmed that Cena is a good guy (which everyone knows, which is part of the reason they hate him).

But, i could be missing something.
    In large part, I imagine the point of this feud is to simply give Cena something to do until we get closer to Wrestlemania. Rocks obviously not around enough for Cena to do anything with him, and you can't have Cena just do nothing. They're gonna need filler, and this is probably better filler than anything else they could come up with.

Since people wanna boo Cena, why not turn it into a bit of an angle. Maybe sell a few extra shirts. If nothing else, this angle will probably generate a few extra bucks (ironicaly for Cena) by cashing in on the Cena hate. Win win.

Beyond that, it's something that could even factor into the Rock/Cena match. Kane maybe something both Rock and Cena can beat up on at the end of their match, the way Rock and Hogan teamed up to beat the NWO. Maybe Cena wins his match, and after Rock leaves Kane comes out to beat up on Cena.... Rock after some hesitation returns to make the save, and Rock and Cena leave as buddies.

It's also possible that this could continue on post Wrestlemania if Rock's not around. Depends on how it plays out.

Jaw Squad Member

Paul Bearer is revealed to be Cena's real father.

Less than worthless isn't worthless, right?
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    -- Former WWE star John Morrison will wrestle his first post-WWE match on February 4th in the Philippines for the World Wrestling Fan Xperience promotion. Morrison will be replacing Ken Anderson in a match against Shelton Benjamin.

sounds like it could a pretty good match
    Huh. I'm in the Philippines and I haven't heard anything about that promotion, or any upcoming shows.

When the WWE was in town, advertising was everywhere. That ain't a good sign.

I will look out for this though.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Huh. I'm in the Philippines and I haven't heard anything about that promotion, or any upcoming shows.

When the WWE was in town, advertising was everywhere. That ain't a good sign.

I will look out for this though.
    Since a few of the wrestlers are already doing promos for it , it should be legit. Looks like Morrison will use his real name John hennigan.

John Morrison/Hennigan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8wuhKzMRkw

Melina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cjHlvnNKs

Chris Masters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyzBUwKxzyc

Shelton Benjamin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nOAL2Mp4E

MVP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSeAS9YJDQ

Luke Gallows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-aIqC-08EM

those all make me sad

its like bad local commercials
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Since a few of the wrestlers are already doing promos for it , it should be legit. Looks like Morrison will use his real name John hennigan.

John Morrison/Hennigan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8wuhKzMRkw

Melina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cjHlvnNKs

Chris Masters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyzBUwKxzyc

Shelton Benjamin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nOAL2Mp4E

MVP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSeAS9YJDQ

Luke Gallows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-aIqC-08EM
    Interesting that a few of them can use their WWE name.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Cena giving a cheesy speech is because that's what Cena does. He nearly always goes into preacher mode. Even in fantasy booking land, you have to acknowledge what a guy is capable of/likely to do.

On the other hand, on the few occasions that Cena drops the preacher crap and the poop jokes, he's compelling (like the recent Piper's Pit). It seems exceedingly difficult to get him to do that, though.

Exactly.

But Kane needs a "Give in to the Hate" shirt. WWE probably couldn't get away with marketing it, but Kane still needs one. Preferably like one of those ones with iron-on letters you could get at the mall. Anything that indicates Kane hangs out at the mall is okay with me.

Thats great if they want their dwindiling fanbase to hate him more and more.