Page 557 of 668 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 10006
    Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Impulse View Post
    I made the mistake of venturing out into the larger CBR forum world, and I don't understand how people don't know what characters are called. I keep seeing 'Dare Devil' 'Hawk Eye' 'Ironman' and even 'Run Aways' We're dealing in a medium that is based entirely around what is on the page, how do you get this stuff wrong so easily?
    I think you vastly overestimate the literacy levels of the average person/poster.

Also, I think the more casual fan doesn't much care/notice the difference between, say, Spiderman and Spider-Man.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." RolandJP

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Mornin'

There should be a National Caretaker's Month where caretakers are paid five time their normal wages and are serviced by sexy men wearing only a bowtie and cuffs. >_<
    Whoa

Yeah.

Whoa
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

Mornin'

There should be a National Caretaker's Month where caretakers are paid five time their normal wages and are serviced by sexy men wearing only a bowtie and cuffs. >_<
    Bowties don't do it for me. That would be a very odd day.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Mornin'

There will be a time, and right soon, where I'll be willing to pay and deal with whatever calms a fussy babyslice.

"You only wear fireman pants and suspenders and charge $30 an hour? The little screamer's right over there."
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Prolly they mean the tie you wear with a tux, like the Chippendale dancers.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    There will be a time, and right soon, where I'll be willing to pay and deal with whatever calms a fussy babyslice.

"You only wear fireman pants and suspenders and charge $30 an hour? The little screamer's right over there."
    A friend loves me, and her husband hates me, for my ability to calm their baby in seconds.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Love and Beauty Shock! Blu Berri's Avatar

Firemen? That works too!
    In the name of Venus, I will punish you for being this year's fashion disaster!

It hit me last night that this summer will consist a lot of time of me in a theater

Avengers (prolly this weekend)

Dark Knight Rises

Amazing Spider-Man

Prometheus

I'm sure I'll go see a comedy here and there or get dragged to a shitty rom com
    "I for one welcome our new Kernel overlord."-Skeets

I really ought to start getting ready to go see the film, but I'm utterly exhausted today.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kerny View Post
    It hit me last night that this summer will consist a lot of time of me in a theater

Dark Knight Rises

Amazing Spider-Man

Prometheus

Imma add "Dark Shadows" to that list. I watched the show after school back in the day. At first I was surprised they're taking the comedy route but then considering how cheesy the show was it will probably be OK. The show was done back in the days of live soap opera TV and was notorious for on camera flubs, blown lines, props not working, etc. On a side note, the young actress who played the new governess at Collinwood was Alexandra Moltke, who later figured as Claus Von Bulows little bit on the side in his murder case of his wife Sunny. The case was adapted for the screen in Jeremy Iron's "Reversal of Fortune"
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    A friend loves me, and her husband hates me, for my ability to calm their baby in seconds.
    Do you know where Burbank is?

We're knee deep in baby classes right now. Equal parts exciting and terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Imma add "Dark Shadows" to that list. I watched the show after school back in the day. At first I was surprised they're taking the comedy route but then considering how cheesy the show was it will probably be OK. The show was done back in the days of live soap opera TV and was notorious for on camera flubs, blown lines, props not working, etc. On a side note, the young actress who played the new governess at Collinwood was Alexandra Moltke, who later figured as Claus Von Bulows little bit on the side in his murder case of his wife Sunny. The case was adapted for the screen in Jeremy Iron's "Reversal of Fortune"
    Look at IM dropping the knowledge!

I'm not all that excited for Dark Shadows although it looks better than the last few films Burton has done. I was a little surprised at the comedy take but then realized he's just rehashing Beetlejuice near completely.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The trailer makes me giggle, and I love the cast. It's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    Do you know where Burbank is?
    It's north of LA, and it's where Chuck was set. Also, Disney HQ. That's pretty much exhausted my Burbank knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerny View Post

Dark Knight Rises

Amazing Spider-Man

Prometheus

There's a bunch more great looking films aside from that that are hitting this summer as well, which is cool, because last summer was pretty meh.

To the cinema I go. Back in four hours or so.