Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1339
  1. #1186
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Well, on his first day, he completed 27 out of 32 passes. Very good for a rookie.

    Can't really say the same for the QBs over in the Jets' camp.
    Interesting thing about the Jets camp... Jaws was on ESPN and saw the Jets practices and said he walked away realizing 2 things .

    1.) Mark Sanchez is the starter clearly. He looked the best .

    2.) Tim Tebow still has issues to work on. Like planting his legs and throwing the deep ball at times.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  2. #1187
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,785

    Default

    Randy Lerner sold the Browns to Jimmy Haslam today with Eagles president Joe Banner as part of the management team. League approval should come in October.

    In unrelated news, Mike Holmgren asked reporters if they knew any good real estate agents.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  3. #1188
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Randy Lerner sold the Browns to Jimmy Haslam today with Eagles president Joe Banner as part of the management team. League approval should come in October.

    In unrelated news, Mike Holmgren asked reporters if they knew any good real estate agents.
    I say Haslam will give Holmgren a year tops ...then will get his own man. Likely Banner to be Team President.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  4. #1189
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    someone explain to me why both Brandon Jacobs AND Mario Manningham leave a team that has won TWO Superbowls in the past 5 years and goes to the team the Giants beat in last years NFC Championship game??

    it hurts my feelings
    Support your local roller derby league

  5. #1190
    Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Hell No to renaming the Lombardi Trophy to Lombardi - Belichick Trophy which Michael Irvin suggested.

  6. #1191
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    someone explain to me why both Brandon Jacobs AND Mario Manningham leave a team that has won TWO Superbowls in the past 5 years and goes to the team the Giants beat in last years NFC Championship game??

    it hurts my feelings
    More playing time and sensing they can win a 3rd Championship more or less.

    Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    Hell No to renaming the Lombardi Trophy to Lombardi - Belichick Trophy which Michael Irvin suggested.
    You have to look past Irvin , dude was likely smoking something then.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  7. #1192
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    nothing Michael Irvin says should be taken seriously...ever

    and there are plenty of other coaches in front of Belichick, who did a lot more for the game, who should be considered if such a change was ever proposed
    Support your local roller derby league

  8. #1193
    Nyah! Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI/Millennium City MI
    Posts
    33,370

    Default

    He's Michael Irvin. His opinion on what to name the championship trophy is irrelevant. I believe the proper response to his suggestion is "Who asked you?"
    'Dox out.

    "But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  9. #1194
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Willie Roaf went into the Hall of Fame today. It was pretty nice for a player who after making 7 Pro Bowls and playing 9 seasons with the Saints was seemingly given up on and traded to Kansas City. Roaf would fire back and play 4 more great seasons and get 4 more Pro Bowl nods.

    Roaf's father discussed a story where that back in his Saints years , Roaf was playing Hugh Douglas who was having a great season at DE. Well Roaf shut him completely out. He didn't even get a tackle. Post game as a show of respect for Roaf , Douglas acted to crawl off the field.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  10. #1195
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,796

    Default

    Arizona has a budding QB controversy, and while most in the local sports media acknowledge the Cardinals WANT Kevin Kolb to win the starting job, given the size of the contract he's been given... he's did little in the Hall of Fame game to dissuade the image he built for himself in his first season with the team. That being, he's panicked in the pocket, scrambles too much when he should step up, often inaccurate because he's always throwing on the run, and of course, injury prone (missing 7 starts in 2011).

    In less than a quarter of play in the Hall of Fame game? First pass? Intercepted. Second and third passes? Incomplete. Fourth pass? He scrambled out of the pocket, got hit after running away from his blockers while completing a short four yard pass when he could have scrambled forward and slid for a decent gain, and promptly left the game with bruised ribs. He'll be day to day.

    And, John Skelton led the team to its only TD drive of the game in the second quarter, in relief of Kolb. There are still four preseason games left, but right now, Skelton might be the favorite.

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  11. #1196
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Arizona has a budding QB controversy, and while most in the local sports media acknowledge the Cardinals WANT Kevin Kolb to win the starting job, given the size of the contract he's been given... he's did little in the Hall of Fame game to dissuade the image he built for himself in his first season with the team. That being, he's panicked in the pocket, scrambles too much when he should step up, often inaccurate because he's always throwing on the run, and of course, injury prone (missing 7 starts in 2011).

    In less than a quarter of play in the Hall of Fame game? First pass? Intercepted. Second and third passes? Incomplete. Fourth pass? He scrambled out of the pocket, got hit after running away from his blockers while completing a short four yard pass when he could have scrambled forward and slid for a decent gain, and promptly left the game with bruised ribs. He'll be day to day.

    And, John Skelton led the team to its only TD drive of the game in the second quarter, in relief of Kolb. There are still four preseason games left, but right now, Skelton might be the favorite.
    I think Arizona was a bad match for Kolb. He's a short , west coast type QB who uses the short passing game and system best. Skelton with his bigger arm and being used to that system seems a way better fit really.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  12. #1197
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Bring in Skelton, dump Kolb
    Support your local roller derby league

  13. #1198
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,785

    Default

    The Browns named Brandon Weedon their starting quarterback today. In other news, the Sun came up in the east and water is wet.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  14. #1199
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    that means Colt McCoy is getting shopped
    Support your local roller derby league

  15. #1200
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    that means Colt McCoy is getting shopped
    I'd like KC to make a try at sending a 4th or 5th for him. I do think teams will wait til the 1st preseason game is done and look at their QBs on the roster and decide.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •