Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1339

And in the important off-season news, the Vikes finally appear to be getting their new stadium.

The House and Senate both passed a bill, then they had to rework a compromise bill. That compromise bill has passed the House and the Vikings have signed off on it (paying $50M more than what they said that their max was and there are some user fees that the Vikes didn't want). The revised bill still has to pass the Senate, but if/when it does, Dayton has already said that he'll sign it. I don't think that too many senators are going to flip their votes on a deal because it'll pretty much guarantee that they lose the Vikes.

Vibranium, I get being sick of the Browns talk but to say they're going to always suck is a bit much. That's what makes this the greatest sport in the world, competitive balance. Eventually they will be a good team. The Lions were a nightly Jay Leno punchline for 10 years, and only now are they finally getting good. My Patriots had some awful, awful years (so much so they almost left New England, like the Browns and Cleveland). Your Giants had some bad years after those first two Super Bowls.

Management, and luck, can keep a team down longer than they should be (I'm looking at you Oakland) but eventually everyone is going to get their chance to shine. Maybe not become world champions, but at least be a great team. Heck, those Browns that left have gone on to win a world championship and have been contenders almost every year the last decade. The drawback to this is eventually your favorite team and mine will be in the gutter for a while, probably while the Browns and Redskins of the world are on top.
    A Fool for the Foom

finfangfool underestimates:

The Lions were a nightly Jay Leno punchline for 10 years
    And the sucked for the 40 years before that, too.

and only now are they finally getting good.
    So it would seem...but we shall see what we shall see. Any team owned by the Fords could collapse upon itself at any moment.
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-10-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Jacob bell of the bengals retires because he doesn't want to end up like jr

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Except if your read this scouting report on Colt McCoy they discuss that while not having a big rifle arm , he has enough arm strength to be a NFL starter...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1715
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Randy Moss has a new haircut and look for the 49ers. He also dazzled team mates with his practice it seems.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

This seems to be more personal for Moss. That he wants to come back and wants to show he can still play.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

He wants that ring !!Thats a plus

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except if your read this scouting report on Colt McCoy they discuss that while not having a big rifle arm , he has enough arm strength to be a NFL starter...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1715
    Ok we can just agree to disagree.

I looked at the Titans 2012 Schedule, and noticed in week 1 they play the Patriots week 1. Looking foward to the playing the Pats because I have wanted to see the Titans payback the Pats after the major embarassment the last time they played. Be a excellent start in Locker's debut if he is the starter to beat the Patriots in his Debut as the Titans starting QB.

Heh, I fear you may end up...disappointed.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Heh, I fear you may end up...disappointed.
    If I'm wrong about BW I'll admit it.

LOoked at the Titans schedule and noticed they play the Jets on MNF, and the Steelers in a early Thursday Night Football game.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Arizona just signed DE Calais Campbell, who they had the franchise tag on, to a 5 year contract. He and Darnell Dockett will be bookends on the DL in their 3-4 defense for some time to come.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Josh Cribbs couldn't catch the ball last year. Why do you think he'll learn this year? It's not like he's a rookie. He's going into his 7th year. While he might be the Browns #1 receiver, he'd probably be the #2 or maybe even a #3 for the Vikings and our receiving corps is terrible. With the way that the Browns' receivers played last year, you could build a Frankenstein out of the best parts of Brady, Manning and Rodgers and their passing game would still suck. Unless they show significant improvement next year (which is possible for at least one since Little was a rookie), they're pretty likely to continue to suck.

Josh Cribbs isn't the Browns #1 receiver, either. He was actually #3 last season behind then-rookie Greg Little and Mohamed Massaquoi. Problem is none of them could catch the damn ball when the Browns led the league in dropped passes. Little and Massaquoi are both expected by the team to improve. (Massaquoi is playing for his job at this point.)

Rookie Travis Benjamin is also now slotted ahead of Cribbs by most "experts." And we have Jordan Norwood, who did okay enough at the end of the season last year to be re-signed for the league minimum.

Do I wish the Browns had signed a big-name receiver? Hell yes. But we got an A-list running back in the draft, a possible immediate starting quarterback and we shored up the offensive line and the D. Are we going to contend? I doubt it. But we should do better than 4-12.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Josh Cribbs isn't the Browns #1 receiver, either. He was actually #3 last season behind then-rookie Greg Little and Mohamed Massaquoi. Problem is none of them could catch the damn ball when the Browns led the league in dropped passes. Little and Massaquoi are both expected by the team to improve. (Massaquoi is playing for his job at this point.)

Rookie Travis Benjamin is also now slotted ahead of Cribbs by most "experts." And we have Jordan Norwood, who did okay enough at the end of the season last year to be re-signed for the league minimum.

Do I wish the Browns had signed a big-name receiver? Hell yes. But we got an A-list running back in the draft, a possible immediate starting quarterback and we shored up the offensive line and the D. Are we going to contend? I doubt it. But we should do better than 4-12.
    I was going by Firestorm's claim, but Little was even worse on drops. But I'd take him over our #3 receiver (either Jenkins or our rookies). Massaquoi should be playing for his job. He's the kind of crap receiver that the Vikes have had too many of and were drafting a bunch of rookies and signing Simpson to try and get rid of.

I just don't get why the Browns bothered to go after Weeden. They ignored the biggest problem in the passing game and took him instead. And then they didn't even bother to try and get him help. I'm expecting a lot of handoffs out of the shotgun.

I'm not sure how much better my Vikes are going to get either. They have made some efforts at their weakest spots, but Kalil isn't going to step in right away and dominate so our line is still going to be a problem. The biggest thing is how much Ponder improves from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    Vibranium, I get being sick of the Browns talk but to say they're going to always suck is a bit much. That's what makes this the greatest sport in the world, competitive balance. Eventually they will be a good team. The Lions were a nightly Jay Leno punchline for 10 years, and only now are they finally getting good. My Patriots had some awful, awful years (so much so they almost left New England, like the Browns and Cleveland). Your Giants had some bad years after those first two Super Bowls.

Management, and luck, can keep a team down longer than they should be (I'm looking at you Oakland) but eventually everyone is going to get their chance to shine. Maybe not become world champions, but at least be a great team. Heck, those Browns that left have gone on to win a world championship and have been contenders almost every year the last decade. The drawback to this is eventually your favorite team and mine will be in the gutter for a while, probably while the Browns and Redskins of the world are on top.
    Hell, even my beloved Seahawks made it to the Super Bowl once. Of course they were flat out robbed by the refs, but they DID make it to the big show after a lifetime of losing.
    Everything burns...

Saints LB Jonathan Vilma suing Roger Goodell for defemation of character. He says he didn't participate in the Bounty program.
    Other news for the Saints bigshot QB Drew Brees still has not be signed, and continues to hold out.

After minor Minor Knee surger Titans ACE WR Kenny Britt likely to return to play in the Season Opener vs the Patriots.