Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1339
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Likely the Miami Dolphins. Of course if you look at 5 of the losses to the Ravens , Bengals and Steelers ...they were in those games and close. Imagine if they had WR help for McCoy there. They lost to the Cardinals in OT in another game. So its not like QB was the real problem. But they ignored a real issue and decided to create a QB controversy to not fix an area they should have.
    I was at that Browns/Cardinals game. Seneca Wallace was 18-31 for 213 yards, 76 of them on a blown coverage by 4th string CB Marshay Green against Greg Little. If you take that one pass away, they had 140 yards passing for the game. On the year, Cleveland had 3 drops a game.

Which means, it didn't matter who was behind center last season, it was an issue, and because they didn't look to drafting a WR or bringing in a quality free agent one... it's still going to be an issue for McCoy, Wallace, or rookie QB Weeden.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

I think the Browns are getting way too much attention in this thread

Attention Browns fans....your team sucks, it has always sucked, and will continue to suck....they sucked so bad, they left...and a group of sorry fans threw a tantrum and sued to keep the "Browns" name, much like a child crying for its favorite blanket

you are a mid market team whose purpose is to feed talent to big market teams....you are not a premiere destination

Cleveland is a place you end up in or get drafted to, you don't aim to go there

that is all
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think the Browns are getting way too much attention in this thread

Attention Browns fans....your team sucks, it has always sucked, and will continue to suck....they sucked so bad, they left...and a group of sorry fans threw a tantrum and sued to keep the "Browns" name, much like a child crying for its favorite blanket

you are a mid market team whose purpose is to feed talent to big market teams....you are not a premiere destination

Cleveland is a place you end up in or get drafted to, you don't aim to go there

that is all
    LOL. Brutal.

Anyway, Mike Holmgren was on Mike and Mike on ESPN this morning, while they were in Cleveland, and trying to justify the Brandon Weeden pick. The WR they wanted was drafted the pick before, and they had interest in Weeden, and didn't think he'd still be there when they picked in the 2nd round, so they went for him, in spite of all the WRs who were available.

Apparently, it never occurred to him to trade down again for more picks, and get an early 2nd rounder to snag a different WR or Weeden at value. Or, potentially both, depending on the deal.

I dunno. The real news of the day seems to be the admission from Cris Carter that when he was playing for the Vikings, he had a game where during warmups, Bill Romanowski told him if he came across the middle, "I'll end your career." Carter went back in the locker room, and threw some extra cash at his offensive linemen, like Todd Steussie, Randal McDaniel, and Korey Stringer to make sure that didn't happen. What those OL did to earn their pay, however, has yet to be discussed.

Updated Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I dunno. The real news of the day seems to be the admission from Cris Carter that when he was playing for the Vikings, he had a game where during warmups, Bill Romanowski told him if he came across the middle, "I'll end your career." Carter went back in the locker room, and threw some extra cash at his offensive linemen, like Todd Steussie, Randal McDaniel, and Korey Stringer to make sure that didn't happen. What those OL did to earn their pay, however, has yet to be discussed.
    didn't Romanowski also bang some 14 yr old a few years back? or was accussed of it
    Support your local roller derby league

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    And, of course, ignoring the last two sentences of my post misses the point completely.

C'est la vie, nothing new.
    No I saw the last 2 sentences of your post and I'm not going to disagree but I think he could do what Cam Newton did for the Panthers, and I have to say a bunch of crap no one is calling Weeden a bust when it's pretty clear Superecwfan1 statement about the pick blowing up in the face sounds like another of saying he'll be a bust, and the Browns will look bad.

The Browns will look bad because their receivers will look bad.

Which is kind of the point, you see.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    didn't Romanowski also bang some 14 yr old a few years back? or was accussed of it
    You may be thinking of former Packers TE Mark Chmura. 17 year old babysitter.

Romanowski was more of a psycho on the field. His controversies off it, however, include being tied to the BALCO steroids scandal, and admitted to using HGH.

Updated Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    The Browns will look bad because their receivers will look bad.

Which is kind of the point, you see.
    I think Weeden is going to make a major difference. Cribbs is their best reciever and if he they have the same kind of chemistry that Newton and Smith have then the Browns with a running game of Richardson could be a possible 7 to 8 win team.

Excellent news is the TItans have added WR Kendall Wright of Baylor.

BANNED

The bears added alshon Jeffery could be a steal

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    I think Weeden is going to make a major difference. Cribbs is their best reciever and if he they have the same kind of chemistry that Newton and Smith have then the Browns with a running game of Richardson could be a possible 7 to 8 win team.

Excellent news is the TItans have added WR Kendall Wright of Baylor.
    Except Weeden is as far from Cam Newton as possible. He's not a running , mobile QB in that mold. Cribbs isn't a 1,000+ yard WR like Smith was. Weeden compares to Chris Weinke more than he does Cam Newton.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

Weeden will need a WR . I wonder how he does with no blackmon

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Weeden will need a WR . I wonder how he does with no blackmon
    I expect a lot of dump offs to Richardson basically in this offense.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except Weeden is as far from Cam Newton as possible. He's not a running , mobile QB in that mold. Cribbs isn't a 1,000+ yard WR like Smith was. Weeden compares to Chris Weinke more than he does Cam Newton.
    I'm talking about what he can do for the team.
    Let's see what Cribbs can do with I think could be a amazing NFL throwing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    ESPN aired Romanowski's reply, and he sounded a bit off of his rocker. He also has a weird voice, which is beside the point.
    Cris Carter was a little different. I do not think it's a bounty if it's "keep me safe, because I think this guy is going to try and break my ankle."

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    I'm talking about what he can do for the team.
    Let's see what Cribbs can do with I think could be a amazing NFL throwing QB.
    Josh Cribbs couldn't catch the ball last year. Why do you think he'll learn this year? It's not like he's a rookie. He's going into his 7th year. While he might be the Browns #1 receiver, he'd probably be the #2 or maybe even a #3 for the Vikings and our receiving corps is terrible. With the way that the Browns' receivers played last year, you could build a Frankenstein out of the best parts of Brady, Manning and Rodgers and their passing game would still suck. Unless they show significant improvement next year (which is possible for at least one since Little was a rookie), they're pretty likely to continue to suck.