Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Mic Murphy thinks vanilla:

Theoretically, that may be the case but realistically the players are being evaluated on past performance (and selectively on single-season and/or career performances, depending on the viewpoint the players want to debate). Otherwise, there is no basis on which to rate the players.
    There are a lot of things to consider besides "past performance", the most important being changes in personnel on your team, changes in personnel on other teams, changes in schedule, changes in the strength of other teams..."last year" isn't all that matters.
    Last edited by Paradox; 05-01-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and all Cam Newton did was throw for over 4,000 yds and score a bunch of touchdowns
    Hey, I'm fine with Cam getting the nod over Clausen, in hindsight. Even prior to that, Cam had better physical tools, and Clausen, I always thought was overrated. But point being, Clausen was supposedly a QB of the future for Carolina. For... about a calendar year, or so.

That's how fast the window of opportunity closes on 1st and 2nd round QBs now.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 05-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

ESPN taking things out of context again. Trying to make a story out of nothing once again.

I really don't like how sensationalized ESPN has become, first the whole whoring out all things Tebow for ratings.

ESPN just twists things into a negative too many times over the past few years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    ESPN taking things out of context again. Trying to make a story out of nothing once again.

I really don't like how sensationalized ESPN has become, first the whole whoring out all things Tebow for ratings.

ESPN just twists things into a negative too many times over the past few years
    Nothing new in espn land. They will the gravy train for as long as they can.

I dunno, I think it's nice to know there are people inside football who don't simply claim "everyone else was doing it too" when it comes to the Pats taping other teams to get an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    I dunno, I think it's nice to know there are people inside football who don't simply claim "everyone else was doing it too" when it comes to the Pats taping other teams to get an advantage.
    I thought Harbaugh's point was more to the fact why do something that would put your team at risk at all or put your accomplishments in question. Like taking steroids or anything. He never said the Saints or Pats were at fault, I think he meant to say that their will always be doubters and those titles will be in question unlike all the other SB titles.

Other players in the League are definitely suspect of the Patriots though. I know Peyton Manning thinks NE bugs the opposing teams locker room.

Personally I don't think the Saints SB is stained they took some cheap and unsportsmanlike hits..............heck some incredibly asshole hits on players trying to injure them but they didn't outright cheat, and I question if other teams haven't ever done this.

Patriots on the other hand I question their titles. They were literally spying on other teams plays, signs etc. Legitimately giving them an unfair advantage

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Patriots on the other hand I question their titles. They were literally spying on other teams plays, signs etc. Legitimately giving them an unfair advantage
    Of course on the field this has happened with players stealing signs and all. In fact one LB (Bill Romonowski ...I believe) detailed in a funny story that he would look over and steal some signs from the defensive coaches and tell the players. He claimed its been going on for years. That someone told him about it as a young player.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

that makes sense. Anyway its not like you can take the titles away from tams at this point. But overall I thought Harbaugh makes a good point, why would you do something to jeopardize all your hard work or put it into question

that makes sense. Anyway its not like you can take the titles away from tams at this point. But overall I thought Harbaugh makes a good point, why would you do something to jeopardize all your hard work or put it into question
    I think those crying foul for all those Super Bowl wins the Patriots have had and using Spygate as a reason is spoiled milk. Lets examine the 1st Super Bowl win. It was basically so close and the fact was , had it went to OT , the Rams likely would have won. Instead that was Tom Brady emergence . His emergence as a game winning QB on that drive who made the short passes to get them the winning FG.

In fact if you look at the Super Bowl wins and losses , New England has won and lost by 3 points . They won against Carolina and Philadelphia by 3 points. Not like they destroyed those teams using Spygate.

They have even made it to Super Bowls beyond that . So its time people got off the anger at New England and the whole cheating stance. If it mattered , they would have faded and never won again. But its clear...that is not the case.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think those crying foul for all those Super Bowl wins the Patriots have had and using Spygate as a reason is spoiled milk. Lets examine the 1st Super Bowl win. It was basically so close and the fact was , had it went to OT , the Rams likely would have won. Instead that was Tom Brady emergence . His emergence as a game winning QB on that drive who made the short passes to get them the winning FG.

In fact if you look at the Super Bowl wins and losses , New England has won and lost by 3 points . They won against Carolina and Philadelphia by 3 points. Not like they destroyed those teams using Spygate.

They have even made it to Super Bowls beyond that . So its time people got off the anger at New England and the whole cheating stance. If it mattered , they would have faded and never won again. But its clear...that is not the case.
    well they haven't won a SB since than, and I guess I'll just leave the Tuck rule out of this

well they haven't won a SB since than, and I guess I'll just leave the Tuck rule out of this
    In the case of the last Super Bowl... its the DROP that will be the one that cost the Patriots that Super Bowl. Had Wes Welker caught that pass , inside the 20 with 2+ minutes left... its a bet New England runs the clock down to under 1 minute and kicks a FG. I'd even say had they done this , they win. Instead it was the play of the game essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hey, I'm fine with Cam getting the nod over Clausen, in hindsight. Even prior to that, Cam had better physical tools, and Clausen, I always thought was overrated. But point being, Clausen was supposedly a QB of the future for Carolina. For... about a calendar year, or so.

That's how fast the window of opportunity closes on 1st and 2nd round QBs now.
    I played against Clausen in High School...kid was a total douche

Also Leinhart signed with the Raiders....thus The Raiders are now one step closer to becoming North USC
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebro McTypo View Post
    Also Leinhart signed with the Raiders....thus The Raiders are now one step closer to becoming North USC

I'm amazed Pete Carroll didn't nab him since there was so much talk about that setup when he first took over in Seattle.

BANNED

North USC hahah . The once golden boy has became a raider. Next stop jail.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    North USC hahah . The once golden boy has became a raider. Next stop jail.
    More like, next stop irrelevancy.

Oh wait, he's already that.

The Colts did good with the draft by giving Luck some security and also drafting (gasp) a special teams player: T.Y. Hilton.