Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

So the Rams have chosen to play in London each of the next 3 years...

I know that there's a pretty good NFL following in the U.K., but I'm wondering why anyone would agree, in effect, to play one fewer home game each year, and have that long trip across the pond.

I mean, Tampa Bay did it this year, and it led them to 10 straight losses, after a good start.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I know that there's a pretty good NFL following in the U.K., but I'm wondering why anyone would agree, in effect, to play one fewer home game each year, and have that long trip across the pond.

I mean, Tampa Bay did it this year, and it led them to 10 straight losses, after a good start.
    Eh. Bad connection . I don't like the NFL going over seas but I don't think that had impact on thier lossing streak...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Eh. Bad connection . I don't like the NFL going over seas but I don't think that had impact on thier lossing streak...
    That's a lot of travel they had in one week. It was like they never recovered after it.

And then they put Albert Haynesworth in the locker room, to boot. That didn't help any.

Updated Tuesdays.

BANNED

That's a lot of travel they had in one week. It was like they never recovered after it.

And then they put Albert Haynesworth in the locker room, to boot. That didn't help any.
    Thier defense all over had terrible year . I agree on Albert that was a shot in a dark pick up.. Josh Freeman also went downhill. They didn't run the ball effectively enough . Josh looks more like a game manger QB. Than anything.

Apparently it helps that the Rams owner also owns a football team there. And by football, I mean one that uses their feet all the time.

For the conspiracy theorists out there: this deal ends the same year that the Rams could break their stadium lease in St. Louis (for the facility not being amoung the top 25%).
    Last edited by LtMarvel; 01-20-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    "I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

Nick Helm, funniest gag winner, Edinburgh Fringe Festival

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LtMarvel View Post
    Apparently it helps that the Rams owner also owns a football team there. And by football, I mean one that uses their feet all the time.

For the conspiracy theorists out there: this deal ends the same year that the Rams could break their stadium lease in St. Louis (for the facility not being amount the top 25%).
    The london rams? Mhm. The owners would of the 31 teams would love to broadcast thier brand more over seas. Could the rams get away with not paying us taxes to?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The london rams? Mhm. The owners would of the 31 teams would love to broadcast thier brand more over seas. Could the rams get away with not paying us taxes to?
    A London NFL team would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league, so not likely.

As for taxes, most states require income tax on players that play in the states, so I can't see the a London team escaping taxes entirely.

Now a Cayman Island NFL team....
    "I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The league tried a European League and it failed due to basically low attendance over the years. A lot of the teams barely could draw over 21,000 fans a game.

I think by doing special NFL games , a few each season ...it will be best. Because no way would the Rams survive in London.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

A London NFL team would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league, so not likely.

As for taxes, most states require income tax on players that play in the states, so I can't see the a London team escaping taxes entirely.

Now a Cayman Island NFL team....
    On the feild sure but they merchandise the heck out of thier franchise and I remember the euro league.....

Peter King tweeted that one London game next year (Pats @ Rams), but future years could have multiple games.

BANNED

Peter King tweeted that one London game next year (Pats @ Rams), but future years could have multiple games.
    /sigh...........

And the Peyton Manning to Arizona rumors continue...

More here
    :

Updated Tuesdays.

and apparently Chip Kelly (Oregon) is in talks with Tampa Bay
    Support your local roller derby league

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and apparently Chip Kelly (Oregon) is in talks with Tampa Bay
    Shut your mouth!!! What! Why!!!!!!! Chip!!!

BANNED

And the Peyton Manning to Arizona rumors continue...

More here
    :
    Your licking your chops and hopes it happens. Aren't you? Manning to Fitzgerald is like montana to rice