Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesPensSteelers View Post
    They might be calling a spade a spade at this point and realizing Sanchez is what he is. He's not going to develop much more so they are going with a guy whose offensive mindset is of the KISS variety. That way they aren't depending on Sanchez like they tried to do this year and they put the onus back on the run game and defense.
    Which is a dumb as shit move to do really if your the Jets. You want Sanchez to take the steps forward he did in 2010. They knew he was a prospect with one year of major college ball and needed to be brought along to get the rewards.

Throwing in the chips and wanting a game manager after 3 seasons...dumb.

If it backfires ...well I won't blame Sanchez. You don't go get a guy who has never been in that position and suddenly believe he's gonna help an offense going through issues like OL , WR and RB this off-season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

They might be calling a spade a spade at this point and realizing Sanchez is what he is. He's not going to develop much more so they are going with a guy whose offensive mindset is of the KISS variety. That way they aren't depending on Sanchez like they tried to do this year and they put the onus back on the run game and defense.
    I think Schottenheimer had alot to do with Sanchez not developing. He is by far the worst offensive coordinator I have ever seen. Sparano likes to run too we dont have RBs who can seem to handle that. The offensive line is very poor at run blocking. The team is pointing fingers. Rex has completely lost control Tomilinson even said he wishes Rex didnt call out teams week after week. The Jets are not going to be good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    I think Schottenheimer had alot to do with Sanchez not developing. He is by far the worst offensive coordinator I have ever seen. Sparano likes to run too we dont have RBs who can seem to handle that. The offensive line is very poor at run blocking. The team is pointing fingers. Rex has completely lost control Tomilinson even said he wishes Rex didnt call out teams week after week. The Jets are not going to be good for a while.
    One of the worst OL games I saw was the Ravens one. Sanchez the moment he took 3 steps had the rookie guard , they moved to center miss a block and he got creamed. This repeated a lot. I had read for a lot of games they moved guys all around the OL.

One of the guys...Mangold I believe took up for Sanchez and put the blame on himself and the OL.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One of the worst OL games I saw was the Ravens one. Sanchez the moment he took 3 steps had the rookie guard , they moved to center miss a block and he got creamed. This repeated a lot. I had read for a lot of games they moved guys all around the OL.

One of the guys...Mangold I believe took up for Sanchez and put the blame on himself and the OL.
    That was bad Mangold was out for that one.

Mangold did not move a person backward the whole year. I dont know if it was his ankle or what but he had a bad year. Still made the Pro Bowl somehow.

BANNED

I haven't heard anything new for the bears. Anyone know who the new GM is going be???

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I haven't heard anything new for the bears. Anyone know who the new GM is going be???
    They interviewed the Chargers guy under Smith. They are interviewing guys under the GM's in KC , Eagles and all.

Senior Member PiratesPensSteelers's Avatar

RB's are a dime a dozen. A decent GM should be able to go take a shit and pull a serviceable RB out of the toilet when they are done. If the run game is the focus, you're right, Tannenbaum or whatever his name is needs to get a quality fleet together. And that means LT doesn't get resigned. Does McKnight catch the ball? If he does, I'd like to see them go to him (if not him someone that does catch it well) more often in that mode. Always nice to get a speed guy involved and with Sanchez at QB easy passes are where it's at. The fact that Sporano liked Bush enough to sign him in Miami makes me think they might move in that direction.

Which is a dumb as shit move to do really if your the Jets. You want Sanchez to take the steps forward he did in 2010. They knew he was a prospect with one year of major college ball and needed to be brought along to get the rewards.

Throwing in the chips and wanting a game manager after 3 seasons...dumb.

If it backfires ...well I won't blame Sanchez. You don't go get a guy who has never been in that position and suddenly believe he's gonna help an offense going through issues like OL , WR and RB this off-season.
    I see what you're saying, but at the same time the Jets are in the mindset that they need to win now. Finding someone that works with what Sanchez already does might seem like a better move to them at this point than finding someone who is going to keep furthering his progress....and then dealing with the continued growing pains.

With that said, Rex is on the chopping block next year and might want to go with what he thinks gives him the best chance of keeping his job.
    Last edited by PiratesPensSteelers; 01-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.

RB's are a dime a dozen. A decent GM should be able to go take a shit and pull a serviceable RB out of the toilet when they are done. If the run game is the focus, you're right, Tannenbaum or whatever his name is needs to get a quality fleet together. And that means LT doesn't get resigned. Does McKnight catch the ball? If he does, I'd like to see them go to him (if not him someone that does catch it well) more often in that mode. Always nice to get a speed guy involved and with Sanchez at QB easy passes are where it's at. The fact that Sporano liked Bush enough to sign him in Miami makes me think they might move in that direction.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time the Jets are in the mindset that they need to win now. Finding someone that works with what Sanchez already does might seem like a better move to them at this point than finding someone who is going to keep furthering his progress....and then dealing with the continued growing pains.

With that said, Rex is on the chopping block next year and might want to go with what he thinks gives him the best chance of keeping his job.
    LT is discussing retirement. He's already claimed he isn't gonna come back to the Jets and has came out in public claiming the locker room was crap. He is thinking of retiring more or less. Unless a team that he considers a winner signs him for a year or 2.

Sanchez is a few steps away really from being that QB. He needs a QB coach who will settle him down early in games. He needs a system where he isn't asked to win it himself near the end. Just get him someone who can help him. Because you have invested in him.

BANNED

They interviewed the Chargers guy under Smith. They are interviewing guys under the GM's in KC , Eagles and all.
    Hmm the eagles you say. That could be promising .

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

That was bad Mangold was out for that one.

Mangold did not move a person backward the whole year. I dont know if it was his ankle or what but he had a bad year. Still made the Pro Bowl somehow.
    Fan voting for OL has a lot to do with being on a big market team, and/or name recognition. His PAST reputation got him enough fan votes to send him this year.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

RB's are a dime a dozen. A decent GM should be able to go take a shit and pull a serviceable RB out of the toilet when they are done. If the run game is the focus, you're right, Tannenbaum or whatever his name is needs to get a quality fleet together. And that means LT doesn't get resigned. Does McKnight catch the ball? If he does, I'd like to see them go to him (if not him someone that does catch it well) more often in that mode. Always nice to get a speed guy involved and with Sanchez at QB easy passes are where it's at. The fact that Sporano liked Bush enough to sign him in Miami makes me think they might move in that direction. .
    We dont have a decent GM. I think McKnight can catch the ball he returns kicks. Id like to see him get a chance. Green and LT can go and hopefully we can draft a good RB.

Archie Manning said Peyton is playing. How would Rob Lowe have inside info? Thats so random. Is Rob Lowe now going to be an insider.

From what I read, Rob Lowe and Colt's owner Jim Irsay are friends.

I don't see Manning walking away, but I can see the Colts releasing him. Manning is due a $28M bonus on March 8. If the Colts don't know if he can still play by then, they really have to let him go. That's just far too much money to give a guy who might never play again.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    From what I read, Rob Lowe and Colt's owner Jim Irsay are friends.

I don't see Manning walking away, but I can see the Colts releasing him. Manning is due a $28M bonus on March 8. If the Colts don't know if he can still play by then, they really have to let him go. That's just far too much money to give a guy who might never play again.
    They will schedule a private workout with Manning and make him work out for them a few days before the 28th is my guess. To see if he's fully back.

They will schedule a private workout with Manning and make him work out for them a few days before the 28th is my guess. To see if he's fully back.

I don't think he's close to fully back. With his first surgery not taking, he had a long delay. I think the Colts just want to know if he can come back. The guy has a $28 million dollar payday coming up. He isn't going to quit right before he gets that.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

BANNED

If he's not back they need trade him and get luck while they can