Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sounds good, the new compendium is coming out it less than a month, im gonna have to pick that up.

Someone on ebay is selling The Darkness vol 1-40 nm bagged and boarded for about $90, I still dont know if i want to collect the single issues or get the compendium. Theres a nm compendium on sale for about $32 so im in a tight spot here.

Gallifrey's Most Wanted! Spacedog2k5's Avatar

I'd go with the Compendium, but again, just me. I am finding the trades to be easier tfao store, plus the paper used for the Compendium is better than the one used in the original 90's issues. Plus, $32 is still better than $90 anyday.
    Comic Pulls: Saga, Revival, The Shadow/The Shadow Now!, Red Sonja, Doc Savage
    My BLOG:: The Barking Schnauzer

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog2k5 View Post
    I'd go with the Compendium, but again, just me. I am finding the trades to be easier tfao store, plus the paper used for the Compendium is better than the one used in the original 90's issues. Plus, $32 is still better than $90 anyday.
    True, still has a day left on the auction, ill wait till then to buy the compendium.

Has anybody read #101? I haven't touched the series for a good 2 years now, but playing the latest game and this whole Artifact business has made me think this issue might be a good time to jump back on The Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    Has anybody read #101? I haven't touched the series for a good 2 years now, but playing the latest game and this whole Artifact business has made me think this issue might be a good time to jump back on The Darkness.
    I read it. It is a good time to jump in since Top Cow just did a "reboot" of their universe. Their 3 titles are currently, i really recommend starting up again.
    The Darkness
    Artifacts
    Witchblade

Is Magdalena still going? I dont remember it being cancelled but its sure been hit by delays...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog2k5 View Post
    I saw an ad in Artifacts#14, it looks like Topcow raised the price of their compendiums from $60 to $70. And I really wanted the Darkness vol 1.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Is Magdalena still going? I dont remember it being cancelled but its sure been hit by delays...
    Theres still one issue thats coming out for sure. Yea its been hit by delays and no word on it being cancelled, but the fact that it hasnt been part of the reboot and that Top Cow doesnt make it part of their subscription program makes me think it wont last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I saw an ad in Artifacts#14, it looks like Topcow raised the price of their compendiums from $60 to $70. And I really wanted the Darkness vol 1.
    The hardcovers are $70. instocktrades has both of these for $62 and $44 respectively.

Read issue #102. The seeds are already being planted for Jackie's world to come crashing down.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Guys, I read Artifacts and really liked it. Do you think I should start reading the arc after the reboot or any old and classic arcs?

I would appreciate it if you could answer the same question about Witchblade. :)

Well seeing as there are only 17 issues of artifacts with 4 of them being post reboot id say go ahead and start with artifacts #1. Ron Marz made sure that new readers picking it up wouldnt be completely lost while reading it. As for witchblade if youve read the post reboot issues then go ahead and start with Ron Marz run which should start at 75 if im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    Well seeing as there are only 17 issues of artifacts with 4 of them being post reboot id say go ahead and start with artifacts #1. Ron Marz made sure that new readers picking it up wouldnt be completely lost while reading it. As for witchblade if youve read the post reboot issues then go ahead and start with Ron Marz run which should start at 75 if im not mistaken.
    I have already read Artifacts (not the post-reboot issues) and that's why I want to read more with the characters!