Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

Sara is not living with Jackie, thats Jenny, a girl who had a massive crash on Jackie since childhood, who died (i think) and in the rebirth of the new TCU, came back to life to live with Jackie cause he realized how much she actually meant to him. And how she would be the perfect mother figure for Hope.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

Does anyone want free digital copies of Darkness Origins 1 and 2?

The codes were included in my Darkness 2 PS3 game, but I already have them. So if anyone else wants them, just ask.

Just say something nice about me below, and I'll send you a PM with the Comixology code.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    March, Issue 101. David Hine takes over as writer. It will be awesome!
    That's exactly when I plan to return, (I haven't followed the character, since issue twenty something, from vol 2) to the Darkness, plus, Hine & Haun together on a book, it's a no-brainer, I can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    The darkness also has crossovers featuring the following characters all which i would recommend
    superman
    hulk
    pitt
    I really enjoyed these crossovers...

I think The Darkness has been treading water for a long time now. Hopefully the shift into the new Universe will reverse this. I like the new set-up, at least.
    No More Heroes: the greatest comic ever written (by me). FREE ten page preview on official website.

Gallifrey's Most Wanted! Spacedog2k5's Avatar

A newbie here.. I was never a fan of the Darkness back in the 90's - reminded me of too much else at that point, even Witchblade grew to be more about how much skin should could reveal. Both books grew up, but the only one I came back for was Witchblade, during Ron Marz's run. I picked up 'The Darkness' game for my Xbox 2 summers ago, and that sparked some interest in revisiting the character. I picked up a couple issues, but it was until the release of 'The Darkness II' that I took the big plunge: read the 'The Darkness: Ultimate Collection', as well as the Batman/Darkness crossover, and I just read 'Artifacts' #13 last night, along with 'Witchblade' #'s 150-3. I am waiting for trades 1-3 to come in the mail next week.

After reading the ending to 'Artifacts #13' last night, all I can say is "WOW!". Seriously was not expecting that!

Sure, I totally understand Jackie's regret over Jenny, how he never told her his feelings, etc. That made sense, then, bringing her back. But Hope is now his and Sara has no idea in the "re-imagined" Top Cow Universe? That's just frakk'd up, and I am sure that there will be repercussions from that somewhere down the line. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have to say the character - both The Darkness, as well as the host, Jackie Estacado - have really come a long way from the initial beginnings. So much more mature, far more structured. And for that, I am truly glad. :)
    Comic Pulls: Saga, Revival, The Shadow/The Shadow Now!, Red Sonja, Doc Savage
    My BLOG:: The Barking Schnauzer

Damn. That game was awesome.

You know, Jenkins really was Top Cow's best writer. I can't believe they let him go so easily.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

#101. What did you guys think?

I've missed out the past year or so of the book due to money, but there was no way I was passing up Hine and Haun's Darkness. And I personally found it to be a great read. The art was great, especially during the "ceremony" scene when Jackie vomits out the Darkness.

Anyone else laughed at the ending?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    #101. What did you guys think?

I've missed out the past year or so of the book due to money, but there was no way I was passing up Hine and Haun's Darkness. And I personally found it to be a great read. The art was great, especially during the "ceremony" scene when Jackie vomits out the Darkness.

Anyone else laughed at the ending?
    The ending you mean the part with hope? Cause i didnt.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    The ending you mean the part with hope? Cause i didnt.
    Yeah. More so the eff'd up aspect of it.

What were your thoughts on the issue?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Yeah. More so the eff'd up aspect of it.

What were your thoughts on the issue?
    It was really good. The art is ok but i dont like the way he draws Jackie's hair, a bit too long imo and i also dont like the way he draws the darkness armor. I remember Jenny being this sweet girl and now i see her using foul language going off on Jackie so its gonna take some time to get used to that. Amazing issue tho. Also the part where Jackie told Jenny [spoiler] You dont know what ive done for you [/spoiler] was pretty deep. Hes pretty much right cause when the other TC characters find out what he did im guessing they wont be too happy.
    Last edited by The Shogun; 03-24-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Just got through reading it. I thought it was okay, but not quite what i was hoping for.
    I liked art, a bit more moody and...uh..dark. Suits the subject matter well. I enjoyed Hines writing and think he has a good voice for Jackie and im glad to see more of the Foreigner, id like to see his past expanded on a bit in the future.

I just wasnt blown away by the story. It seemed a bit at odds with Hesters conclusion of having Jackie finally be in control, also not thrilled by what seems to be another "Darkness clone" story. Kinda had my fill of those stories and was expecting more from Hine.

Still, its only the new teams first issue so hopefully things will turn out well.

I want to get one of these but theyre like $40

Anyone have one?

This is what i hate about comics, having to wait a whole month to read the next story.

Seems to be taking a while dont it? ;)

Do you read the rest of the TC books? Cos Artifacts is out tomorrow.