Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Yeah I felt it was strange how it jumped story like that, one page the ape stuff and the next page the operating table with Unseen Cat, who was and is an awesome character in this universe. It was a great issue though and like many are speculating i think hes alive and well if not a bit hurt. Hes too key of a character. I cant wait to see this whole genesis of characters evolve into an awesome and hopefully rival universe to marvel and dc comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis1985 View Post
    Yeah I felt it was strange how it jumped story like that, one page the ape stuff and the next page the operating table with Unseen Cat, who was and is an awesome character in this universe. It was a great issue though and like many are speculating i think hes alive and well if not a bit hurt. Hes too key of a character. I cant wait to see this whole genesis of characters evolve into an awesome and hopefully rival universe to marvel and dc comics.
    The digital went from the ape scene to him talking to the cat woman in the hallway...not on the operating table. That would have made more sense, but it cut to them mid-conversation.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    The digital went from the ape scene to him talking to the cat woman in the hallway...not on the operating table. That would have made more sense, but it cut to them mid-conversation.
    If that's what your digital version is missing than you're missing one page (front and back). On that page he wakes up in a hazy state and he's greeted by the cat girl (Unseen Cat I guess her name is) and she basically is praising Silver Star for being a great hero and a legend. You didn't miss much, but I'd be pissed if I didn't have her true first appearence documented.

You're Talkin' Gibberish! Kurt Busiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Also, Busiek said no to Destroyer Duck, but yes to another character called Dynamite Duck, I think. Must be some ownership issue, so they used another Kirby design.
    Destroyer Duck is owned by the estate of Steve Gerber. Kirby was helping him out.

Dynamite Duck was a design Kirby did that he owned himself, and how could we resist using it?

Kirby's own drawing of Dynamite Duck appears in #2, though partially covered up.

kdb
    Visit Busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Thanks a bunch for clearing all that up, Kurt! It's nice to know that you're around and that you actually reach out to your fans as well as the entire comic book community, so many creators couldn't care less and you have proved that you do. Much appreciated!

Maybe we'll get lucky to see Dynamite Duck in action one of these days, or at least see more of him in a supporting character role.....that would be pretty darn cool!

I just spent my day off reading all the Genesis stuff again including the 3 solos and the main event book and I love this universe even more than I did before! My favorites in order...

1. Dragonsbane
    2. Genesis
    3. Silver star
    4. Captain Victory.

Love them all and I want to see this great universe expand as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by HasbroSlayer84 View Post
    I just spent my day off reading all the Genesis stuff again including the 3 solos and the main event book and I love this universe even more than I did before! My favorites in order...

1. Dragonsbane
    2. Genesis
    3. Silver star
    4. Captain Victory.

Love them all and I want to see this great universe expand as soon as possible!
    Please no: 4 books are more than enough $ for me.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Please no: 4 books are more than enough $ for me.
    Well. the core Kirby: Genesis book will be ending soon and then we'll be down to only 3 monthly books within this line of comics. I really think the universe could benefit from a team book followed by maybe a book starring a strong female lead and/or another major hero within the Kirby: Genesis book, that way there would be a nice variety for people to check out as a part of this line. People don't have to buy every book, heck, nobody buys every book within the Marvel universe or the DC universe, so why not expand the Kirby universe? I'm all in favor!

I agree. Glory Knights and/or Galaxy Green are ready made for a team series, though it seems Dragonsbane is very much going to be a group book. His crew has been referred to as the Mythics already.

And with all the Marvel books I read which were cancelled over the past two years, and my general disappointment in the New 52 books I was interested in, I would have no problem picking up 4 or 5 ongoing Kirby books.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Well. the core Kirby: Genesis book will be ending soon
    D'oh!! ): (I can't seem to get the new smileys top work).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    D'oh!! ): (I can't seem to get the new smileys top work).
    Yea its gone as of issue no.8 I think they said. That means we could get a book for Glory Knights, Tiger, Galaxy Green, Swan, or a number of other awesome characters.

So, I got issue #4 of Captain Victory and I'm happy to report that the regular artist is back and the book has the look and feel that it lacked in issue #3. In fact, I'd say that the artist was a little tighter in this issue, especially in his underwater scenes and scenes with multiple characters, so that was a nice extra. The story was actually really good, this issue was probably the best issue since the first one and I'm definitely digging the little bit of romance we see in this issue as well. Very good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    So, I got issue #4 of Captain Victory and I'm happy to report that the regular artist is back and the book has the look and feel that it lacked in issue #3. In fact, I'd say that the artist was a little tighter in this issue, especially in his underwater scenes and scenes with multiple characters, so that was a nice extra. The story was actually really good, this issue was probably the best issue since the first one and I'm definitely digging the little bit of romance we see in this issue as well. Very good stuff!
    Looking forward to reading it tomorrow. You know my thoughts on the artist, but maybe the month off results in the tighter effort. Can't wait.

Another really solid issue. Improved art and more character development for the crew. I have to say I love the little Kirby surprises like the micro-Rangers...another great touch like Klavus' transformation last issue. Bring on the Mister Mind-centric issue next month!

Told you the art was a bit more refined than in the first two issues. Sure, it wasn't perfect by any means but it was certainly pretty tight and the story was really good, especially the little bit of romance tossed in there, which I actually enjoy. Definitely an impressive issue and a worthy addition into this amazing universe of characters, you almost forget that it's written and illustrated by almost unknown talent within the industry.