Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,917

    Default CBR: CBR's Top 100 Comics of 2011, #25 - 11

    CBR's penultimate entry in the week-long countdown of the best comics of 2011 brings massive superhero relaunches, intense and personal graphic novels, true crime drama and candy-coated kids comics.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    Well dc mopped up this list. Also wolevrine and the x-men wasn't all that great . Batman > WW as well for me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Eumenides's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,421

    Thumbs down

    So I presume New 52 is going to dominate the last ten slots.

  4. #4
    Enjoy the silence Comicbookfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orwell
    Posts
    588

    Default

    I like Superman's Apple pie goody goody persona.
    Comics:

  5. #5
    Clint Renner Ottmeister X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    So I presume New 52 is going to dominate the last ten slots.
    Which is going to become a lame list. Seems to me that the 12 issues the title produced for the whole year should be taken into account, the whole body of work. Instead, the CBR list is going to be ejaculating over DC "limited series" as some of the best comics of the year. One could perceive a list like this indicates writing was horrible this year for the comic industry.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,234

    Default

    each of these that comes out I realize I've read almost none of these.

    glad to see Casanova so high up, though. totally one of the best (even though where's the last two issues?!) of the year!

  7. #7
    I'm the gay Batman. JimmyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    Which is going to become a lame list. Seems to me that the 12 issues the title produced for the whole year should be taken into account, the whole body of work. Instead, the CBR list is going to be ejaculating over DC "limited series" as some of the best comics of the year. One could perceive a list like this indicates writing was horrible this year for the comic industry.
    You sure are assuming a lot without any actual knowledge. Wait, this is the Internet, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

  8. #8
    We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    7,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    Which is going to become a lame list. Seems to me that the 12 issues the title produced for the whole year should be taken into account, the whole body of work. Instead, the CBR list is going to be ejaculating over DC "limited series" as some of the best comics of the year. One could perceive a list like this indicates writing was horrible this year for the comic industry.
    Let's be fair, there's still room for some other great, non-New 52 books, like Uncanny X-Force, Jason Aaron's Wolverine, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Death-Ray, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 1969, RASL, Neonomicon, et al., while still having plenty of room for your Animal Man or what-have-you.
    I rule me.

  9. #9
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,529

    Default

    Knowing the CBR reviewers, bloggers and staffers' tastes, I think the top ten will include (though not sure the order):

    Daredevil
    Batwoman
    Habibi
    Uncanny X-Force
    Hark! A Vagrant
    Justice League
    Love and Rockets New Stories Volume 4
    The Death-Ray
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume III: Century #2 1969

    I'm just blanking on a tenth pick.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hallowed Bastion
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Petrograd sounds awesome, that one's definitely going on the to-read list.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Knowing the CBR reviewers, bloggers and staffers' tastes, I think the top ten will include (though not sure the order):

    Daredevil
    Batwoman
    Habibi
    Uncanny X-Force
    Hark! A Vagrant
    Justice League
    Love and Rockets New Stories Volume 4
    The Death-Ray
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume III: Century #2 1969

    I'm just blanking on a tenth pick.
    Animal Man

  12. #12
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djm72 View Post
    Animal Man
    That's a strong maybe.

  13. #13
    Elder Member Winslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Posts
    13,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay, Alex View Post
    Petrograd sounds awesome, that one's definitely going on the to-read list.
    That caught my eye as well.

  14. #14
    Clint Renner Ottmeister X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    You sure are assuming a lot without any actual knowledge. Wait, this is the Internet, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Actual knowledge, such as being a reader of comics, many on the list, and staying attuned of writers and artists and happenings of many of the titles I do and don't get? I'll claim ignorance to many of the independent choices, but I wasn't badgering those choices.

    Of course, your Internet comment is descriptive of your own posting.

  15. #15
    One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Much deserved to Wolverine and the X-Men, Butcher Baker, Batman, Action Comics, Swamp Thing, and Wonder Woman.

    Can't wait to read Petrograd, Big Questions, Garden, One Soul, Casanova: Avarita, and Green River Killer.

    Oh, and also...

    GEOFF JOHNS' AQUAMAN SERIES BLOWS

    Yeah, I said it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •