Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This Toudou fellow has impressed me a bit. He has survived two attacks by Jinsuke.... I am curious as to what his trump card is.

Also, we know who the mole is.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 04-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Man, I was a bit behind...

Yeah, Jinsuke is insanely awesome, pretty much. We knew that already but it's still nice to see him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Also, we know who the mole is.
    We do?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Man, I was a bit behind...

Yeah, Jinsuke is insanely awesome, pretty much. We knew that already but it's still nice to see him in action.
    I like the "You're ridiculous." comment.
    We do?
    Zenmaru Ichinose's older brother, Mr. Creepy smiley face.

Come on! Who just randomly similes around a corner like that! He's about to start something Ghost, I can feel it!

Plus, that body was cut in two pieces... I bet it was done with that his massive sword of his. That's probably what Ranmaru realized just as smiley face appeared.

Zenmaru Ichinose's older brother, Mr. Creepy smiley face.

Come on! Who just randomly similes around a corner like that! He's about to start something Ghost, I can feel it!
    That's obviously what the mangaka wants us to think, and probably what Ranmaru is going to assume, but I'm not quite buying it just yet. Seems like typical cliffhanger misdirection.

If Ichinose-bro is the traitor, he and Ranmaru will probably end up fighting and then one of them is pretty much going to die. That probably won't happen because both of them have been building up to their confrontations with Zenmaru and Gama, respectively.

Plus, that body was cut in two pieces... I bet it was done with that his massive sword of his. That's probably what Ranmaru realized just as smiley face appeared.
    He doesn't appear to be carrying his odachi, though.

It's also possible Toudou did that with his special technique. I bet it uses the axe part of his weapon in some kind of super-cleaving attack.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

That's obviously what the mangaka wants us to think, and probably what Ranmaru is going to assume, but I'm not quite buying it just yet. Seems like typical cliffhanger misdirection.

If Ichinose-bro is the traitor, he and Ranmaru will probably end up fighting and then one of them is pretty much going to die. That probably won't happen because both of them have been building up to their confrontations with Zenmaru and Gama, respectively.
    Yes..... creepy smiley face is here to help you....... trust creepy smiley face.

Edit: Serious mode: Another option is that they could duke it out and both survive? Plus, if it's not him.... we are starting to run out of bodies for suspects here.
    He doesn't appear to be carrying his odachi, though.
    Double Edit: If so, it's rather suspicious.... he carries that thing everywhere... except now. Hmmm...... I say he stuck it in a closet after he was done.
    It's also possible Toudou did that with his special technique. I bet it uses the axe part of his weapon in some kind of super-cleaving attack.

It's the perfect cover.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 04-08-2012 at 07:27 AM.

What a...... freak.

I'm with the minion on this one.

Muraku is unspeakably disturbing. That is all.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

I figured Gama would need just one more power up beyond the "Eyes Of Divine Sight" to take his dad.

But now that Jinsuke has been revealed to be sick..... I think he's about ripe for the picking.

But now that Jinsuke has been revealed to be sick..... I think he's about ripe for the picking.
    I doubt he'll go down easy, considering his performance in the one fight we saw him in. But I fear we're looking at a Sasuke vs Itachi scenario here. Kinda like: "Good job, you beat me, but I was basically dying all along. Seriously, I'm normally way more awesome than this."
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

I doubt he'll go down easy, considering his performance in the one fight we saw him in. But I fear we're looking at a Sasuke vs Itachi scenario here. Kinda like: "Good job, you beat me, but I was basically dying all along. Seriously, I'm normally way more awesome than this."
    I'm..... actually hoping for a little gauntlet action against the Ogame School.

Like... he goes through Iori, then Shinnojou, then his former teacher and finally to Gama.

I'm a sucker for gauntlets..... seeing the villain run one would be cool.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 01-22-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Oooooooooooooo better idea!

He should run through the traitors first, both of them. Then he goes through Iori and Shinnojou and his former master and finally to Gama.

I'm..... actually hoping for a little gauntlet action against the Ogame School.

Like... he goes through Iori, then Shinnojou, then his former teacher and finally to Gama.

I'm a sucker for gauntlets..... seeing the villain run one would be cool.
    I kinda doubt it. That would probably result in Jinsuke murdering everyone - sick or not, he's still a monster and I doubt he'd spare his former Ogame buddies considering that he has a history of doing the exact opposite of that. I absolutely don't see Shin having a go at him since Shin was like half-dead and had his arm essentially ruined last time we saw him.

It actually makes a lot of sense to have Gama fight Jinsuke first, because Gama is one of their best fighters, is still mostly unharmed, and he's going to insist on fighting Jinsuke first anyway. Worst case scenario, Jinsuke wins but is weakened enough that, say, Iori can take him down.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Jinsuke kills or cripples Iori first just to give Gama a bit more incentive. (As if he'd need it.) Iori seems like a Too Cool To Live type of character.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

I kinda doubt it. That would probably result in Jinsuke murdering everyone - sick or not, he's still a monster and I doubt he'd spare his former Ogame buddies considering that he has a history of doing the exact opposite of that. I absolutely don't see Shin having a go at him since Shin was like half-dead and had his arm essentially ruined last time we saw him.

It actually makes a lot of sense to have Gama fight Jinsuke first, because Gama is one of their best fighters, is still mostly unharmed, and he's going to insist on fighting Jinsuke first anyway. Worst case scenario, Jinsuke wins but is weakened enough that, say, Iori can take him down.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Jinsuke kills or cripples Iori first just to give Gama a bit more incentive. (As if he'd need it.) Iori seems like a Too Cool To Live type of character.
    Hmm.... well..... I wouldn't say "spare" exactly.

I was thinking more like.... kill the traitor...... kill the other traitor..... beat Shin up but before he can deliver the final blow Iori steps in. Jinsuke then dominates and wears Iori down until his former teacher steps in. He and his master go at it for a few rounds and then Gama eventually steps in.

Basically.... something like how Aizen was tearing through people in the Soul Society arc. Enough to show off his physical prowess while still leaving enough wiggle room to keep the characters you want. Plus, if you feel the injuries are too bad on the Ogame side..... the fights don't have to be one on one either. Similar to how a weakened Ichigo and Renji teamed up against Aizen. Except in this case Aizen is sick enough to eventually fall in the end.

Messy gauntlet.

By the way...... you've told me what you think will happen but..... what do you want to happen? What would you like to see?
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 01-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Hmm.... well..... I wouldn't say "spare" exactly.

I was thinking more like.... kill the traitor...... kill the other traitor..... beat Shin up but before he can deliver the final blow Iori steps in. Jinsuke then dominates and wears Iori down until his former teacher steps in. He and his master go at it for a few rounds and then Gama eventually steps in.
    Again, I don't see Shin doing shit to Jinsuke in his current state. Like, is he even conscious?

Actually, I've always expected the traitors to be the main contributing factor to Jinsuke's defeat. He's all about strenght, and even though he's remorseless he still has an honorable streak. So, it kinda makes sense he'd be undone by treachery.

Basically.... something like how Aizen was tearing through people in the Soul Society arc. Enough to show off his physical prowess while still leaving enough wiggle room to keep the characters you want. Plus, if you feel the injuries are too bad on the Ogame side..... the fights don't have to be one on one either. Similar to how a weakened Ichigo and Renji teamed up against Aizen. Except in this case Aizen is sick enough to eventually fall in the end.
    The problem is, Gamaran characters are a lot more fragile than Bleach characters. In fact, they are more fragile than most shonen characters. That's kinda part of what makes the battles so tense - these guys don't have the damage soak to tank through serious injuries and there's no magical cure for wounds. Shin is going to need weeks if not months to recover from his fight with Banri. Getting cut by a sword messes you up, and basically every fight is to the death.

Remember how scary Jinsuke was back when he owned the halberd guy? He's not the kind of guy who just "beats you up," he'll freaking kill you. They probably can't afford to get hit by this man even once.

By the way...... you've told me what you think will happen but..... what do you want to happen? What would you like to see?
    Honestly, I'm just looking forward to a serious final battle. Gama vs Jinsuke, full stop.

I mean, it would seriously surprise me if Gama really does straight up kill his old man seeing as that would end his primary motivation, but still, I want to see the strongest dude go all out.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Incidentally, I'm rather curious about who the traitor is. I thought it was Kudou but then he went and actually did something and, you know, got a backstory and stuff. So now I'm not so sure anymore.

This manga is really kinda hard to predict. Honestly, I can't tell if Nakamaru is a very clever storyteller, or just has no idea what he's doing.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck