Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So, two new chapters I somehow missed.

The fight turned out more even then I thought. Wonder what Kashitarou will do to turn this around?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

New chapter out.

The fight ends. Kashitarou....... you have my respect.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

That was pretty awesome. Though, I'm guessing Master K will be out of commission for a while after this.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I'm in the 60's now.... Jinsuke finally makes his appearance and so far he reminds me a lot of Shishio. This is a good thing.

I like where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    I'm in the 60's now.... Jinsuke finally makes his appearance and so far he reminds me a lot of Shishio. This is a good thing.
    I'd say he's a bit more mellow then Shishio, and possibly slightly more arrogant. I love how casual he is about eveyrthing: it's like he seriously don't give a damn about what becomes of the Ogame School or Gama:

"Hey, son. You got taller! Huh, what's that? You want to kill me? Yeah, that's nice. Good luck with that. So, you guys want to twart my evil plan? Well, whatever. I guess I should have you all killed but I'll wait until you've finished training. It's not like I'm in a hurry."
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'd say he's a bit more mellow then Shishio, and possibly slightly more arrogant. I love how casual he is about eveyrthing: it's like he seriously don't give a damn about what becomes of the Ogame School or Gama:

"Hey, son. You got taller! Huh, what's that? You want to kill me? Yeah, that's nice. Good luck with that. So, you guys want to twart my evil plan? Well, whatever. I guess I should have you all killed but I'll wait until you've finished training. It's not like I'm in a hurry."
    You're right..... he is more mellow.

But still, I get a "Survival of the Fittest" vibe from him. The way he let the Ogame School and the Four Divine Spears duke it out and the winner is deemed worthy enough to meet him.... not actually caring who won as long as it was the strongest school. Similarly with Iori, letting him fight through the castle to speak with him. If he makes it great, he'll hear him out, if not.... well..... he wasn't worth listening to in the first place. He believes there are only two types of people, those who exercise power and those who are ruled by it.

He seems to have the goals and philosophy of Shishio mixed in with..... the more laid back personality and methodology of Hao. Who also pretty much just let his enemies run wild in the name of.... amusement.

Okay, so apparently there's a traitor in Jinsuke's base, killing his dudes.

Place your bets, people! Who's the spy?
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Finally caught up and....
    Okay, so apparently there's a traitor in Jinsuke's base, killing his dudes.

Place your bets, people! Who's the spy?
    ..... I have no idea. Could be just about any of them, truly.

When Jinsuke has to go out of his way to give a specific order for them not to kill/attack each other..... yeah.

Finally caught up and....

..... I have no idea. Could be just about any of them, truly.
    True, there's not much to go by.

I say it's totally Kudou Shimon, though.

The traitor is strong enough to flat out murder an advisor who was looking straight at him, so most likely he's one of the members of the Personal Corps, and most likely someone we're already familiar with.

It can't be Ranmaru, the dude with the beard has like one page of screentime, and the ninja guy really isn't much better. So, the prime contenders are Muraku, Banri and Kudou.

Could be Muraku, but he's a kinda obvious choice - the kind of guy you use to draw suspicion away from the true culprit. Could be Banri - Jinsuke did kill his dad - but he was already a traitor once in Jinsuke's favor. I doubt he'd be the traitor again unless we're looking at some serious Gin Ichigmaru shenanigans.

Kudou, on the other hand, is kinda shifty but despite having been in the manga since chapter 7, he hasn't really done anything. He's the one member of Jinsuke's faction who has been around the longest but we haven't even seen him fight. Mostly he just hangs out with Ranmaru and provides exposition. I figure there has to be a reason the mangaka keeps him around.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

True, there's not much to go by.

I say it's totally Kudou Shimon, though.

The traitor is strong enough to flat out murder an advisor who was looking straight at him, so most likely he's one of the members of the Personal Corps, and most likely someone we're already familiar with.

It can't be Ranmaru, the dude with the beard has like one page of screentime, and the ninja guy really isn't much better. So, the prime contenders are Muraku, Banri and Kudou.

Could be Muraku, but he's a kinda obvious choice - the kind of guy you use to draw suspicion away from the true culprit. Could be Banri - Jinsuke did kill his dad - but he was already a traitor once in Jinsuke's favor. I doubt he'd be the traitor again unless we're looking at some serious Gin Ichigmaru shenanigans.

Kudou, on the other hand, is kinda shifty but despite having been in the manga since chapter 7, he hasn't really done anything. He's the one member of Jinsuke's faction who has been around the longest but we haven't even seen him fight. Mostly he just hangs out with Ranmaru and provides exposition. I figure there has to be a reason the mangaka keeps him around.
    Good points.

Either way I'm grateful for the chaos..... I struggled to imagine how the Ogame school could believably come out on top against this small army of elite mooks. I mean... legitimate elite mooks. There's like..... nine of 'em and that's not even counting the thousand man slayer himself.

Not only does it give the Ogame school a way to win, it's also practical enough that I can totally buy it happening. Especially considering the nature of the characters involved.

Plus it's just flat out more fun to watch.

New chapter out...

Looks like we've got a new third power in the war between the schools.

Good thing Iori stepped in when he did..... the old masters would have been hosed.

Hm, Beard Guy seems kinda interesting. Hope he can put up a decent enough fight against Iori.

Also, ten to one the boss of the conspirators will be the main villain after Jinsuke.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-21-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Some more chapters.

Man, I wonder if there's anyone on Jinsuke's team who can take on Iori and not get eaten alive. o_O
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Some more chapters.

Man, I wonder if there's anyone on Jinsuke's team who can take on Iori and not get eaten alive. o_O
    I don't think so.

Which pleases me, because this is a guy who.....

#1. Has phenomenal skill in the Ogame School.... the school that produced Jinsuke.

#2. Was trained by Jinsuke himself.

#3. Unlike Jinsuke's current apprentice who is already considered good enough to be a member of his Personal Corps...... Iori has a lot more experience and time to build upon the things Jinsuke taught him.

I feel.... he should be a step above any single member of the Personal Corps.

I also feel he is somewhat more powerful than Shinnojou, although that's kinda like splitting hairs.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 03-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.

I also feel he is somewhat more powerful than Shinnojou, although that's kinda like splitting hairs.
    I guess it depends on exactly much stronger Shin grew over the timeskip. He had serious problems fighting Iori before, but then again, if Iori grew stronger since then it's hard to tell since he just steamrolls everyone anyway. It's possible Iori is still stronger, or they might be basically equal now. *shrug*
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck