Page 208 of 379 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5683

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    how is obito a hypocrite?
    As a ninja, there'd likely come a time when he'd have to inflict the kind of pain and heartache he's feeling due to Rin's death now onto an enemy in order to protect someone close or ensure the success of the mission. Yet, because it happened to him, he wants to end the world entirely. It's more ridiculous when you consider the fact some of the heroes of our story have suffered far worse, far more personal, and far more devastating losses and are not suddenly remorselessly evil. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    It's more ridiculous when you consider the fact some of the heroes of our story have suffered far worse, far more personal, and far more devastating losses and are not suddenly remorselessly evil. Go figure.
    Who?

Sasuke? Way worse than Obito, since he doesn't really have any plans beyond a vague "REVENGE!" against people that had nothing to do with his tragedy.
    Gaara? Homicidal nutjob until he got snapped out of it.

And that's about it as far as people who've suffered worse events than Obito seeing one of his best friends murder his other best friend that I can think of.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    So we're going to be ignoring the part where the entire point is that he realized at that point that the world they live in sucks?

Also, he's not trying to end the world 'entirely', he's trying to create a new, better one where things like that don't happen.
    So he didn't know people can die before Rin's death is what you're saying? He didn't know an essential function of being a ninja is too, if necessary, take lives?

An illusion. Not new world, but merely an illusion. And I suppose he know every sole he's murdered quite intimately so he can recreate them precisely as they were in this illusion, yes?

Who?

Sasuke? Way worse than Obito, since he doesn't really have any plans beyond a vague "REVENGE!" against people that had nothing to do with his tragedy.
    Gaara? Homicidal nutjob until he got snapped out of it.

And that's about it as far as people who've suffered worse events than Obito seeing one of his best friends murder his other best friend that I can think of.
    How about Kakashi, who's father killed himself because he was condemned and vilified for saving lives? If something like that doesn't drive a kid to villainy nothing less should.
    Last edited by arp2008; 12-23-2012 at 11:58 PM.

How about Kakashi, who's father killed himself because he was condemned and vilified for saving lives? If something like doesn't drive a kid to villainy nothing less should.
    He pretty much would have if not for Obito.

Naruto is far better example. His life was pretty much made of suck until Iruka came along. And then shit keeps falling on him, yet he hasn't been driven to villainy. Hell, in the Road to Ninja movie, he became evil spoilers:
    due to being possessed by Tobito, and returned to being good after Tobi was exercised.
    end of spoilers
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    He pretty much would have if not for Obito.
    How so? All his father death did to him was have have adhere to rules so unflapppably the he paid very little regard to whatever lives may have been at stake.

Naruto is far better example. His life was pretty much made of suck until Iruka came along. And then shit keeps falling on him, yet he hasn't been driven to villainy. Hell, in the Road to Ninja movie, he became evil spoilers:
    due to being possessed by Tobito, and returned to being good after Tobi was exercised.
    end of spoilers
    Yes. My point.
    Last edited by arp2008; 12-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Naruto is far better example. His life was pretty much made of suck until Iruka came along. And then shit keeps falling on him, yet he hasn't been driven to villainy.
    I would actually argue that while Naruto's life sucked in general, he didn't really suffer much in the way of tragedy until like...Pain murdering Hinata in front of him or maybe Sasuke proving to be an asshole. And even that doesn't really compare to "holy shit my best friend just murdered my other best friend in front of me" in term of sheer shock factor.

Is that movie actually out, incidentally? It seemed interesting.

I would actually argue that while Naruto's life sucked in general, he didn't really suffer much in the way of tragedy until like...Pain murdering Hinata in front of him or maybe Sasuke proving to be an asshole. And even that doesn't really compare to "holy shit my best friend just murdered my other best friend in front of me" in term of sheer shock factor.
    You have to be kidding.

You have to be kidding.
    Tragedy is a specific type of event, not a catch-all word for a bad life.

Whose early life sucked the most? Naruto.
    Who suffered the worst tragedy? Obito.

Who suffered the worst tragedy? Obito.
    Yep. You must be kidding.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

As a ninja, there'd likely come a time when he'd have to inflict the kind of pain and heartache he's feeling due to Rin's death now onto an enemy in order to protect someone close or ensure the success of the mission. Yet, because it happened to him, he wants to end the world entirely. It's more ridiculous when you consider the fact some of the heroes of our story have suffered far worse, far more personal, and far more devastating losses and are not suddenly remorselessly evil. Go figure.
    Obito isn't trying to destroy the world. He's trying to make a world where tragedies like that won't happen
    Yep. You must be kidding.
    or he just plan disagrees with you

Obito isn't trying to destroy the world.
    Didn't say he was. I said he's trying end it. By that I didn't mean destroy, by that I meant by casting the illusion on everyone he'll have ended the world as everyone know it to be. Hence, it will end.

He's trying to make a world where tragedies like that won't happen
    This is understood.

or he just plan disagrees with you
    That, too.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Didn't say he was. I said he's trying end it. By that I didn't mean destroy, by that I meant by casting the illusion on everyone he'll have ended the world as everyone know it to be. Hence, it will end.

This is understood.

That, too.
    you used it in context that meant "Destroy the world".

you used it in context that meant "Destroy the world".
    Now you know what I really meant since I clarified a bit, yes?