Page 248 of 379 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5673
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Hmm. So, the Kages are at close to full power.

And it seems that Hashirama is the strongest in the room, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    What I really loved about the chapter is that despite the way he's been portrayed, despite them only being there via Oro's edo tensei, Hashirama is revealed to be clearly in charge of this entire scenario, Snake Face could have restrained Tobirama, instead Hashirama put him back in his place and in the same move let Snake Face know that his jutsu didn't mean diddly to him. If he could simply put an end to the meeting and go for Madara and there'd be all of nothing Orochimaru could do to stop him. Instead he's answering Sauske's questions solely because he wants to.

Beware the nice ones indeed
    That's what I love about Hashirama here; he could kill Sasuke and Orochimaru in an instant, but instead, he's sitting down and trying to help Sasuke with his decision. He could go off and have a long, exciting battle with Madara to save the world one last time, but instead, he wants to help a very mentally unwell boy come to an important decision about a very serious matter. I think we can now see why the Uchiha were happy to go with Hashirama; the guy is strong and could be king of the world, but he doesn't.

He's the kind of guy who would rather teach his granddaughter how to gamble and sit down and talk with the guy who has stated that he's deliberating whether he wants to destroy the thing he spent years building.

Dammit, after two chapter, how does Kishi make me love a character so much?

Do all the kages get to answer questions? Minato and sasuke have plenty to talk about, it could be the icing on the cake that finally turns him sweet. Without control of the Edo kages sasuke slid back down the power scale and at this point he can only be someone's ally or a timely opportunist, he can't take on the world. In order to stay relevant he might have to turn good. before he learned about itachi's sacrifice he didn't have hate for the leaf and this might be the point where he decides to stop being mad. It would mean agreeing with his long hated brothers principals, forsaking his dead family, and fore going his final fight with ippo I mean natuto. He probably won't do that. All the kid knows is self-mutilation.
    Last edited by Taltos; 02-13-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

In the new anime episode Mizu-zombie gets even more funnies as he and a platoon of nameless mooks has the most awkward battle in the entire series.

The planet rasengan was nicely done and I just realised what a neat little speed feat it is for Onoki to catch Muu like that after he'd been launched.

Fun little fact someone mentioned in another forum:

When Gaara interrupts Sasuke's training, Sasuke has a small, vague flashback to the massacre. There is a panel of Sasuke kneeling in the middle of the street.

When the actual flashback happens in the VoE the scene is not present.

The scene is however present when Sasuke remembers him chasing after Itachi after the truth had been revealed to him by Tobi.

Foreshadowing!

Edit:

Also, agree with Dark Soul.

That was one awkward battle.

But so funny.
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Aw, I thought I started Hashtag.
    You did start it. I even commented that I liked the nickname as I recall.

Miburo has just heard me using it a lot elsewhere.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be fair, Anko has never been important to the plot at all.
    Will you still feel that way when she reveals herself to be the mastermind behind everything?
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's what I love about Hashirama here; he could kill Sasuke and Orochimaru in an instant, but instead, he's sitting down and trying to help Sasuke with his decision. He could go off and have a long, exciting battle with Madara to save the world one last time, but instead, he wants to help a very mentally unwell boy come to an important decision about a very serious matter. I think we can now see why the Uchiha were happy to go with Hashirama; the guy is strong and could be king of the world, but he doesn't.

He's the kind of guy who would rather teach his granddaughter how to gamble and sit down and talk with the guy who has stated that he's deliberating whether he wants to destroy the thing he spent years building.
    Yup, that's the presence I was looking for.... I'm starting to dig him now.

Although... I do wonder why he's so patient with Sasuke and company while giving his brother such a short leash.

Because Sasuke and even Orochimaru are leaf nin under the Hokage and they have a duty to protect/nurture/blahblahblah them, while Tobirama is his little brother, a fellow Hokage, someone who made and is making the situation with the Uchiha worse, and created the Edo Tensei tech that is ballsing up everything.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Yup, that's the presence I was looking for.... I'm starting to dig him now.

Although... I do wonder why he's so patient with Sasuke and company while giving his brother such a short leash.
    Just like The Drunkard Kid said, Tobirama is his little brother, and, as can clearly be seen, is at least partially responsible for what has happened to the Uchiha, who he clearly respected and did not want to basically kill off to begin with.

Another thing, he can kill Sasuke and Orochimaru and company anytime he wishes. If this little intervention with Sasuke fails, what does he have to lose by killing them? They can't win against him and he knows it. He also doesn't want Tobirama saying anything cruel to Sasuke to make this situation worse than it already is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Sasuke and the others haven't threatened to kill everyone and he doesn't really know their capabilities that well beyond "Is an Uchiha," and "Snake dude knows Edo Tensei,"

Tobirama was going to murder all of them and he knows exactly what his brother is capable of. I imagine he knows that if he doesn't stop Tobirama right there and then, they'll be picking Sasuke out of their hair for weeks.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Off-topic, does anybody know if there was an explanation for how Obito's Six Paths had Sharingans and Rinnegans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Off-topic, does anybody know if there was an explanation for how Obito's Six Paths had Sharingans and Rinnegans?
    Nope, and I think even Kishi can't explain that one. It probably has something to do with the fusion of his Uchiha DNA and the DNA of the Hashimara clone Madara fused to him.

It's pretty simple.

The Rinnegan is transferred through the Six Path technique.

Then pluck an eye out and put in a Sharingan instead.

Ta-da!
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Well, Itachi's 30% clone was made using Pain's technique.

Clone had Sharingan eye.

The Six Path technique is likely just a more advanced/different version of it; so it's natural for those trait to pass on. Just like Nagato's paths had the Rinnegan.

Of course, doing it manually like Siriel suggest is also an option.