Page 239 of 379 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5684

Itachi hype is forever. His memory will never die.

Also, someone should tell Tobirama that his jutsu was used to revive Madara. I bet he'd go "FFFFFFFFFF-".
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

So, the big Uchiha thing is loooooooooooooooooooooooove hey ?

Man, that chapter was mighty hilarious.

Transformers Animated fan

The first Hokage has a very funny personality. He reminds me of Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. It's fun to see how some of the past Hokages will react to the present day world. Especially to the part of Madara and company running around trying to erase it. Then Hashirama also reminds me a bit of Naruto.

And it's interesting to see the interaction between the different kages. They're a funny bunch together. It's even fun to see the interaction between Hashirama and Tobirama. It's funny to see Hashirama getting pushed around by Tobirama.

Tobirama though reminds me a tiny bit of Danzo. But maybe it was Hashirama's positive influence that helped him avoid the same path. He seems to be a very serious character, with a bit of bias against the Uchiha. But I am still fascinated by the fact he invented the Edo Tensei. He seems to be surprised by Orochimaru''s ability to manipulate Edo Tensei so easily.

Minato looks like the kid amongst them. This chapter reminded me that Minato is actually younger than Orochimaru. It was amazing how he was able to do so much so quickly. He also looks like the rockstar amongst them; with his jacket and spikey hair. There seems to be a bit of a generation gap between Minato and the other three Hokages. He's somewhat like a child interacting with his grandparents.

It's always a nice to see Sarutobi. And I understand his shock at seeing Orochimaru back to full strength and being summoned as an Edo Tensei.

Hmm... the idea about the Uchiha is a bit interesting. But the stronger the love the stronger they hate when their love fails. It's an interesting idea.

I can't help but think of how Tsunade would react to Hashirama talking about her in that way. I'm wondering whether she would cry or beat him up for laughing at her. Maybe both.

It was nice to see team Hawk's reaction to the risen kages. And I do share with their thoughts at times, they are not as expected. Right now I see the kages as normal everyday people that have been given great responsibilities. And to see normal people rise to the challenge is in itself amazing.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 02-05-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    I can't help but think of how Tsunade would react to Hashirama talking about her in that way. I'm wondering whether she would cry or beat him up for laughing at her. Maybe both
    He based his comment on the Tsunade he remembers, a child. So i don't think that she would get really mad.

It is canon now, the Uchiha are overly emotional and prone to overreactions.

Harashima is a nice guy.

Tobirama is harsher than I was expecting. Part of me wants to go back to the fight, but this is pretty interesting too. So yeah, good chapter.

Transformers Animated fan

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    He based his comment on the Tsunade he remembers, a child. So i don't think that she would get really mad.
    You may be right. But for some reason I can't help but think she would slap Hashirama silly before hugging him. I think of Tsunade as a bit of a tsundere; she's a beautiful rose with a bit of thorns. Also I can't help but think of Tsunade as grown up version of the Beelzebub manga's Futaba.

On another train of thought, I thought Hashirma's attempts to act cool were funny. And I guess trying to ostracize the Uchiha was not really Tobirama's reason for turning the Uchiha into the village police. Despite the problems that resulted in it, it does seem valid to me at a glance. But I guess there were just some unexpected factors that Tobirama was unable to take into account; especially with his death.

Tobirama has an interesting personality when he interacts with someone like Hashirama who seems talkative; otherwise I think he'd stay quiet all the time.

Depending on the translation, the explanation of the what happens to an Uchiha who accesses the different versions of Sharinggan becomes more interesting. The manga seems to validate the idea that the more powerful their eyes become the less chance that they can be reasoned with. That to me is very interesting. It seems the power of the Uchiha has more drawbacks than previously seen.

This chapter seems to reinforce the idea that the power of the Sharinggan is caused by feelings of hatred or despair. The stronger those negative emotions become the stronger the eyes become. It's power that has a great cost on the user, since it encourages the individual to embrace hatred and despair; emotions that could break bonds and relationships.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 02-05-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

I so want to see Hashirama confront Madara again now. The banter alone would be worth it.

Madara: "You've finally come. All the ages I've spent waiting and preparing for this day."

Hashirama: "Maddy, what did I tell you about talking all creepy like that? You'll never get more people to like you that way. And what the hell is that thing behind yo-.......Oh god. That isn't what I think it is, is it?

Madara:..................

Hashirama: "Oh god, it is. **takes deep breath** Okay. Okay. Here's what we'll do. We'll banish this ugly f**ker back where it came from, then you and I will go inside and catch up on things. Then I'll shake you uncontrollably and yell at you about just what the hell you were thinking and you try your damnedest to explain things to me while I'm hysterically screaming at the top of my lungs. 'Kay?"

Madara **sighing blissfully**: "This......I miss 'this' so much."

Hashirama **agitatedly rubbing eyes**: "I hope Konoha's distillery is still in its original spot, cause I'm gonna need a drink once this is over, and that goes double for you!"
    Last edited by nervmeister; 02-05-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Good stuff:
    - Hokages interacting and being funny. I like both Hashirama's good natured personality and Tobirama's harsh attitude.
    - The panel of Hashirama and Tobirama asking who the hell Minato is. That made me laugh.
    - Chibi-Tsunade!

Bad stuff:
    - More Itachi-wank. We get it. He was the most special super-mega nice guy of all time and the greatest ulta-hyper ninja ever. Shut up about him already!
    - So the Uchiha aren't douchebags because of their own choices and decisions, but rather because the sharingan makes them so. Lame.
    - I want to get back to the fight now.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Bad stuff:
    - More Itachi-wank. We get it. He was the most special super-mega nice guy of all time and the greatest ulta-hyper ninja ever. Shut up about him already!
    Yeah...Itachi was cool and all, but layering "Wisdom of a Kage when he was 7 years old" on top of everything else is just...

I mean, Gary Stu avoids this guy at parties.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul #7
    So the Uchiha aren't douchebags because of their own choices and decisions, but rather because the sharingan makes them so. Lame.
    More like weird brain chemistry, kind of.

Emotions do affect chakra, we know this part. The Uchiha are a bit special in that intense loss triggers a reaction that awakens Sharingan (because hate/rage chakra).

Which is pretty neat in that it is a negative positive feedback loop. The more rage the more power, which in turn allows them to act on that rage more easily and it all starts again.

Basically, they are a yandare clan.

Come to think of it:

Obito took a long time to awaken his Sharingan... because he was well adjusted. It's only when they have to rescue Rin that he awakens it.

Sasuke first awakens it after the loss of his family and later on when he and Naruto were in danger of dying.
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-05-2013 at 10:06 AM.

The First hokage had the best scenes in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah...Itachi was cool and all, but layering "Wisdom of a Kage when he was 7 years old" on top of everything else is just...

I mean, Gary Stu avoids this guy at parties.
    Meh. Keep in mind that they're talking to Sasuke, and Sarutobi is specifically trying not to be a dick to him. They even call out Tobirama for badmouthing the Uchiha clan in front of the last remaining member.

So that praise is probably at least partially for Sasuke's benefit.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Meh. Keep in mind that they're talking to Sasuke, and Sarutobi is specifically trying not to be a dick to him. They even call out Tobirama for badmouthing the Uchiha clan in front of the last remaining member.

So that praise is probably at least partially for Sasuke's benefit.
    I dont know. Given Kishimoto's track record in regards to the Uchicha, something tells me this is just another excuse for him to get his wank on. Hell, we may see this exchange when all's said and done at the end of the manga.

Naruto: "Well, Sasuke, the people of Konoha have spoken. It ultimately must be you to take the title of Hokage. And I can only agree, given that you singlehandedly managed to seal the Juubi within yourself and master it's power becoming the most powerful jinchuuriki that ever lived. And in two issues no less!"

Sasuke: "No, Naruto. I must decline and instead leave that to you, because let's face it..............I'm just way too awesomely badass to hold some mere government office. In the name of my humbly superior Uchicha lineage, I shall journey across the world spreading my awesomeness. But dont worry. I'm sure you'll do about half as good a job as I would've done had I accepted the position."
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    So, the big Uchiha thing is loooooooooooooooooooooooove hey ?

Man, that chapter was mighty hilarious.
    It was. The second hokage was dropping some knowledge on young Saskue. I can't wait to see the Fourth talk more. I loved Hashirama.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I now announce Harashima as the First Brokage.

Dude seems like a nice guy.
    I love him.

o