Page 233 of 380 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5686
  1. #3481
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    I get that there's imagery. I'm just saying that if I were an ancient, immortal samurai armor-donning warlord with strong existential convictions, seeing a giant, flaming, demon-powered FOX charging at me from above would be a lot more terrifying than a bird. :p
    Not so much when you consider that Madara literally made the Kyuubi into his pokemon the last time it got uppity with him. Foxes are thoroughly not the way to go to intmidate the guy.

    Though, granted, the bird got all of "Well that sure is a thing" from him, so I suppose that wasn't the way to go either.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  2. #3482
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Though, granted, the bird got all of "Well that sure is a thing" from him, so I suppose that wasn't the way to go either.
    Let's be honest here. Naruto handing out Kyuubi Chakra to the entire Shinobi Alliance and modifying it's type to fit each ninja's personal chakra got a "well that sure is a thing" reaction from him.

    The bird breaking through the Ten Tail's arms got the first legitimate "The Fuck...?" reaction out of him.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  3. #3483

    Default

    The bird was aimed at Obito's blabbering, not Madara's, continuining the grand tradition of no one caring what Madara feels about anything. Seriously, this arc is going to end when Obito is beaten/converted and then Sasuke comes onto the scene revealing that he'd been going through Kakashi's house to find photos of him without his mask or something and everyone dealing with that and ignoring Madara until he goes away.

    As for being appropriate... were we reading the same arc?

    Naruto: I will not let you kill my pals!

    Obito: Did you say something? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me killing your pal.

    Neji: Yes! Relatively satisfying closure for my family arc, in a way that underlines the overall themes of the manga! Tell... Sasuke... to suck it. Suck... it... hard. Bleh.

    Naruto: Oh noes!

    Hinata: Naruto-kun, stop wussing out.

    Naruto: Yes ma'am.

    Obito: Blahblahblah, Hyuga caged bird seal, blah blah, cage 'em Jyuubi.

    Naruto: Neji lives on in our hearts!

    Rock Lee: Mournful Flashback no Jutsu!

    Naruto: Hey brows, Neji lives in our hearts. Quit wussing out.

    Rock Lee: Yes ma'am.

    Kyuubi: Its a good thing that Naruto is so super special awesome at molding my chakra. Soooo super special awesome.

    Naruto: Time to flip these guys the bird!

    Hinata, Rock Lee, Gai, Invisible Ten Ten (the most important one of all): We' re right behind you!

    BIRD!

    Madara: I've never seen anything like this bef-

    Obito: No one cares!
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  4. #3484
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Madara: I've never seen anything like this bef-

    Rock Lee: No one cares!

    *Kicks Madara in half*
    Fixed that for you a little.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  5. #3485
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Let's be honest here. Naruto handing out Kyuubi Chakra to the entire Shinobi Alliance and modifying it's type to fit each ninja's personal chakra got a "well that sure is a thing" reaction from him.

    The bird breaking through the Ten Tail's arms got the first legitimate "The Fuck...?" reaction out of him.
    You're right. His expression didn't change at all, but there were two exclamation points. Must've been the shock of his life.

    Meanwhile, being kicked in half didn't even get a single exclamation point.


    I...have no idea what Naruto is talking about in the last page though. When did Obito ever say anything about cutting off bonds? Just last chapter he restated that the entire reason he's doing this is because he still cares about his bonds.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  6. #3486
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You're right. His expression didn't change at all, but there were two exclamation points. Must've been the shock of his life.

    Meanwhile, being kicked in half didn't even get a single exclamation point.
    .
    Actually, I would describe Madara's expression after being kicked in half by Lee as "What the fuck just happened?"
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  7. #3487
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Meanwhile in the anime we get Gaara's big talk with his dad. Animation could've been better but man... The feels man... the feels...

    *turns away to get "gunk" out of his eyes*

    Also, I found this funny.

    3rd Raikage: You essentially have to capture us and seal our movement. But be careful, it's not going to be easy.

    Gaara: *catches three of them almost instantly*
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.

  8. #3488
    Pilot of Gurren Kamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Actually, I would describe Madara's expression after being kicked in half by Lee as "What the fuck just happened?"


    We have to wait until next chapter to be sure.
    Last edited by Kamina; 01-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.

  9. #3489
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    I'd like to think it was Madara being shocked on a meta level when he saw Rock Lee do something useful after having been neglected for so long by the plot.

  10. #3490
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I'd like to think it was Madara being shocked on a meta level when he saw Rock Lee do something useful after having been neglected for so long by the plot.
    "Taijutsu? Who takes Kyuubi chakra and uses it for Taijutsu?"
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  11. #3491
    Pilot of Gurren Kamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Taijutsu? Who takes Kyuubi chakra and uses it for Taijutsu?"
    :D

    It'd be the one thing someone of Madara's level of smugness wouldn't expect. Getting blitzed by a flashy, yet simple attack.

    Well, that and getting attacked by The Phoenix. But come on, who could have seen that coming?
    Last edited by Kamina; 01-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.

  12. #3492

    Default

    Remind me: were those tubes connecting them to the Jyuubi important? Can they just recreate them wherever they are, or is Jyuubi gonna go on a rampage next chapter?

    Also, why did Rock Lee not attack the guy that seemed to have initiated the attack that killed Neji and Naruto tried a solo attack on the phaser who he can't harm without Kakashi's help and ignore the Edo Zombie that can get disrupted by his golden form?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  13. #3493
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Remind me: were those tubes connecting them to the Jyuubi important? Can they just recreate them wherever they are, or is Jyuubi gonna go on a rampage next chapter?
    Madara a few chapters ago: Oh shit, 10 tails is being a dick. Better use the Hashtag cells to increase our link to it. <pseudopenis's are formed>
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  14. #3494
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You're right. His expression didn't change at all, but there were two exclamation points. Must've been the shock of his life.

    Meanwhile, being kicked in half didn't even get a single exclamation point.


    I...have no idea what Naruto is talking about in the last page though. When did Obito ever say anything about cutting off bonds? Just last chapter he restated that the entire reason he's doing this is because he still cares about his bonds.
    Well, he is trying to kill his former best friend and his fellow Konoha ninjas. From Naruto's perspective, that counts as "cutting bonds" in his book.

  15. #3495
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Naruto tried a solo attack on the phaser who he can't harm without Kakashi's help and ignore the Edo Zombie that can get disrupted by his golden form?
    Madara can just absorb the Ninjutsu that Naruto throws while he's in Rinnegan mode. Taijutsu is the only thing that works on him.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •