Page 229 of 380 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5686
  1. #3421
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Madara **seeing Naruto master the Kyuubi chakra to the point where he can loan it to an entire army**: "Eh. That's passable, I guess. Still nowhere near as cool as what I or the 1st could do though."

    Naruto **glaring stone-faced**:......"You know, after I beat you, I'm going to make you tattoo my face on your left asscheek. So that every time from now on, when you get all up your own ass about how f**king amazing you are, you wouldn't be able to do so without seeing the face of the guy who kicked your ass grinning at you."
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  2. #3422
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Which will probably make Madara go:

    "Oh, you're jumping ship huh? That's ok. This fight did need to get interesting at some point."
    Somehow I picture him going "what a twist!" like Robot Chicken Shymalan, only with a Napoleon Dynamite tone.

    Anyways, nice to see Naruto boosting everyone. Madara thinks it's by the book, but I'm betting that this is just the groundwork for something kinda crazy. I mean, this could very well be Shikamaru's Father's swan song here; I'm sure it entails more than just "Give techniques MOAR POWA and use same techniques!"
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  3. #3423
    Junior Member Xaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Now they just need the Kages to return and Naruto to boost them. but guessing that won't happen until the ten tails transforms again

  4. #3424
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Also wonder what Sasuke and Orochimaru are up to, they obviously felt Naruto's chakra....

  5. #3425
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    My exact thought during the chakra-transfer scene:

    "I am Doctor Naruto, and I prescribe high fives!"
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  6. #3426
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My exact thought during the chakra-transfer scene:

    "I am Doctor Naruto, and I prescribe high fives!"
    after reading this post i instantly visualized Naruto saying it with a rather enthusiastic voice and grin.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  7. #3427
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Madara **seeing Naruto master the Kyuubi chakra to the point where he can loan it to an entire army**: "Eh. That's passable, I guess. Still nowhere near as cool as what I or the 1st could do though."

    Naruto **glaring stone-faced**:......"You know, after I beat you, I'm going to make you tattoo my face on your left asscheek. So that every time from now on, when you get all up your own ass about how f**king amazing you are, you wouldn't be able to do so without seeing the face of the guy who kicked your ass grinning at you."
    Madara: *staring off into space*

    Naruto: ...hey. Dude! I'm talking to you here!

    Madara: Huh? Oh sorry. My mind kind of wandered to when I was in a much cooler fight than this one. Could you repeat what you were saying?

    Naruto: *groans* I said that I'm going to...

    Madara: Bored now. METEOR DROP! *summons meteor from the sky*

    Obito: Why did you do that? We're winning.

    Madara: Yeah but you're doing it in a boring way. This way I'll at least get to see them scramble a bit more. I find that hilarious. BTW. Did you know that I can summon up a gigantic ass forest that produces sleeping pollen over a large area? Wouldn't something like that be perfect for this situation?

    Obito: You're an ass.

    Madara: I know. I've also been dead for a while and I want to have some fun before I win.

  8. #3428
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Madara: *staring off into space*

    Naruto: ...hey. Dude! I'm talking to you here!

    Madara: Huh? Oh sorry. My mind kind of wandered to when I was in a much cooler fight than this one. Could you repeat what you were saying?

    Naruto: *groans* I said that I'm going to...

    Madara: Bored now. METEOR DROP! *summons meteor from the sky*

    Obito: Why did you do that? We're winning.

    Madara: Yeah but you're doing it in a boring way. This way I'll at least get to see them scramble a bit more. I find that hilarious. BTW. Did you know that I can summon up a gigantic ass forest that produces sleeping pollen over a large area? Wouldn't something like that be perfect for this situation?

    Obito: You're an ass.

    Madara: I know. I've also been dead for a while and I want to have some fun before I win.
    Obito: "Well. your lollygagging is starting to screw us. Look."

    Madara: "huh."

    **cue Rock Lee opening the 8th gate (further boosted by fox chakra) and kicking the meteor, exploding it into dust.**

    Madara: "Pfft. Look at that kid's eyebrows. No elegance or proper grooming in the slightest. Not like the 1st's eyebrows."

    Obito: "Seriously, I worked my ass off just to bring back a nutter with a terminal case of nostalgia goggles?"
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  9. #3429
    Transformers Animated fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Another aspect of the manga that I've enjoyed is the image of the Samurai Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto's design was particularly nice and I wonder if similar designs can be applied to some characters within the manga later on. Or maybe a spin off.

    I am also excited to see how the manga will raise the stakes further in the chapters to come. Also I wonder if there's more to Shikaku's plan. What is the next stage? What will happen when the Jyuubi transforms? All these questions are popping up.

    I also wonder how Obito can match up to what Naruto has done. It seems Naruto is now filled with hope and renewed vigor. I wonder if Obito has anything more to show or strength.

    But I am also excited to see what Naruto will do next. What other tricks does he have up his sleeve?
    Last edited by flashdisk; 01-17-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

  10. #3430
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    I also wonder how Obito can match up to what Naruto has done. It seems Naruto is now filled with hope and renewed vigor. I wonder if Obito has anything more to show or strength.

    But I am also excited to see what Naruto will do next. What other tricks does he have up his sleeve?
    I think Obito's going to start panicking soon since he can't crush Naruto's spirit and consequently the spirit of the Shinobi Alliance.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  11. #3431
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    That's kind of what I like about Madara. He knows he's right, so he doesn't feel the need to go and try to convince other people.

    Even when he was almost dead from old age and Obito decided to leave which would totally screw over his plan, he was just "You'll come back and agree with me. Go ahead and leave, I don't even need to do anything to convince you.".

    It's fairly rare for a visionary villain to have that kind of quiet confidence. Usually they're more the ranting type. Just compare with Obito, the two believe in similar (but not identical) things, but their reactions when that belief is challenged is completely different.


    The fact that it combines with his smugness to give us scenes like "Who knows, they're probably...not okay." and this chapter's "That sure is a thing that is happening." makes it even better.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  12. #3432
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It's fairly rare for a visionary villain to have that kind of quiet confidence. Usually they're more the ranting type. Just compare with Obito, the two believe in similar (but not identical) things, but their reactions when that belief is challenged is completely different.
    Has anybody actually challenged Madara's belief? I mean, he's just kind of standing there and being supremely smug and confident that he'll win no matter what anybody else does and nobody has said that he's wrong or even asked what he wants. He's just a douche who showed up and started killing people so they fight him.

  13. #3433
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Has anybody actually challenged Madara's belief?
    Obito in the flashback pretty much told him that he was wrong and also a crazy old man.

    Madara more or less went "Eh, what do you know?" and told him that he'd learn that Madara was right if he lived longer.

    Also, IIRC, Onoki told him that he (Madara) was wrong to have given up on the world unlike them who bet on the future, Madara just asked him how he had lived that long without realizing the truth.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  14. #3434
    Elder Member wolvie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    12,884

    Default

    Hey guys, a thought, though relatively unfounded.

    The person who Orochimaru and Sasuke are seeing is Hashirama Senju.

    I Can't really think of any other reason that Taka would be in The Hidden Village, or who would have the gravitas or knowledge to explain what Sasuke wants to know. On top of that, Madara keeps referencing the 1st. Could it be foreshadowing?
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

  15. #3435
    Junior Member SSJLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Hey, didn't even know the chapters were released until like 20 minutes ago. I enjoyed the new Naruto chapter.

    Its nice to see what Sasuke and Orochimaru are up to, about damn time.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •