Page 227 of 379 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5673

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    Basically, guns actually do exist in the Naruto world. However, because ninja are super human, guns weren't as much of an equalizer, and never progressed out of the "Piece of shit" stage of their developement. So they never proliferated. I recall there is a shotgun in a panel during the wave arc, but i've never seen it in person so i don't know if it's a modern shotgun or a primitive one.
    Pretty likely.

Early guns sucked. Too much set up. Long recharge time. Accuracy issues and so on.

With ninja around most people wouldn't even bother. Come to think of it the arms race in the Naruto world seems to have been largely replaced by ninja development.

Though even if you had modern guns things wouldn't change much. It would probably work on genin. Come to think of it, Oro's Sound Ninja (the genin team) were kind of working on that principle. Give ninja an attack at the speed of sound. It's as close as we have seen to a ninja with a gun.

But when you hit the chuunins or just the really good genin the strategy just stops working.

Mind you that's just talking ninja. Civilians wouldn't even get to pull the trigger (unless it's a sneak attack of some type I guess).

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

although is modern (or even wild west era) guns were good for ninja, then you have a ready made level in badass for tenten XD

speaking of, i miss the tententails thing we did. that was funny shit

Honestly, if I had to pick out a power set for Tenten keeping the weapons theme, I would shamelessly copy that Sniper guy the YYH.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That would be a speedster's worst nightmare. Following that, I'd add at least one of the Seven Swords to her arsenal.
    The Mist village would probably want that back. It's kind of like their national treasure after all so I doubt they'd enjoy seeing a Konoha kid weilding it.

Meh, Orochimaru was apparently able to collect 5 of them and Team 7 used the 6th as a grave marker, so it seems that either Konoha doesn't care about Mist's feelings on the matter or that Mist just wasn't all that concerned about them.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    Within my perspective of events, Kishimoto didn't waste time in regards to the battle with the 9 tails. Naruto was just able to avoid having the 9 tails rip out his chakra( which is what Bee wanted) while ripping out the chakra of the 9 tails(which again was Bee's instruction). Naruto just got caught by the hatred while trying to accomplish his goal.

So under my interpretation of events, time was not wasted in the scenario.

And I don't mind agreeing to disagree, if you choose to see otherwise in any of these cases.
    Nah, I was saying he wasted time because he spent 2 pages introducing this new concept ie this chakra tug of war and then if I accept your theory pretty much ignored it.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Ok....I think...actually I dont think I have a grasp on your issues, but I do have a grasp on the fact that neither of you can succinctly and tersely sum up what the fuck you are talking about.

OMG NARUTO"S HNADBAND CHAKRA WASN'T MOVING PERPENDICULAR TO THE ANGLE OF THE REFRACTED LIGHT BEAMS FROM THE CHAKRA RODS.

NUH UH, IT'S OVBIOSU THAT THE CHAKRA WASN'T PERPENDICULAR. IT'S BEING ABSORBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I love arguing and you two are doing it in a way that's just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It's not right. It is in fact not correct. IT IS INCORRECT.

I even looked back at the pages and you know what, I know what I saw. I know what I interepreted and I come back here to try and join in on the fun and I still can't tell what you can't figure out.

So it's obvy that this will continue till a mod shows up, the new issue comes out, or someone brings up something else to talk about because what is being discussed?

Is not really being discussed.

So here's a new topic of discussion:

ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE MANGA.
    Yeah I don't need a lecture from you especially when I lurked this thread before posting, I routinely saw you engage in long drawn out debates with people.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Meh, Orochimaru was apparently able to collect 5 of them and Team 7 used the 6th as a grave marker, so it seems that either Konoha doesn't care about Mist's feelings on the matter or that Mist just wasn't all that concerned about them.
    Orochimaru can't really be counted as part of Konoha though, being a missing-nin and all that. He probably stole the lot after defecting from Konoha. Not to mention that it seems like Mist just recently gained somewhat stable leadership after Obito messed around with them from the shadows so it's likely that retreiving the "swords" was on Mei's to-do-list.

As for Zabuza's sword. Maybe it just wasn't common knowledge.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah I don't need a lecture from you especially when I lurked this thread before posting, I routinely saw you engage in long drawn out debates with people.
    See when one side of an argument openly admits something taking that and trying to use it against them isn't fun. It's already out there and you're not adding anything by saying "hey, that thing you said you do, YOU DO THAT."

When I had issues understanding what was up and inquired about a short summation about the issues I got:
    the stuff you said
    That's short, yeah, but I asked for two. That's more than two. And when an exact request is made and the other side puts forth no effort to conform to the expected parameters then at times the requester can and will take exemption. I'm one of those folks.

I do like your holier than thou attitude about the hatred / Kurama / yo mama ( not really your mother I just like rhymes ) stuff. It shows implied personal interest and interested people make interesting arguments.
    But I could have easily refuted your side by saying that the chakra....absorption / maniuplation / this is another part that I'm not sure what you're arguing about.......THING.....was dependent on concentration of mind and clarity of cause. And force feeding years of repressed, even if recently dealt with, rage is a fine thine to break concentration and such.
    So I'll split a hair and say Kurama's not using the hatred to absorb / man....THING. He's just using it to break the concentration and from there the absor.....THING just happens as a by product of the conflict that's occuring.

There's also the whole Kushina showing up. But that's stuff for later.

For right now.....I am still not even entirely sure what you were arguing about. But I am sure I was happy that I got the thread outta that quagmire and that I tried to PM this to you to keep it that way. BUT SOMEONE DOESN"T EMPTY THEIR BOX.

If you wanna keep this up please for the love of the Senju, PM me.

Now, back to the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    As for Zabuza's sword. Maybe it just wasn't common knowledge.
    I always found that weird. The idea that a few days later a random nin stumbles across the graves and gains a decent weapon foh freeeee. Hell, it's a Kage tier weapon if you consider the Naruto commercials.

The later revelation that the sword heals via blood infusion just makes any rust or chipping that occurs while it's sitting there moonlighting as a gravestone a moot point.

I'm sad Kishimoto didn't exchange Zabuza and Kisame back at the start. Samehada being a gravestone makes an interesting mental picture.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    See when one side of an argument openly admits something taking that and trying to use it against them isn't fun. It's already out there and you're not adding anything by saying "hey, that thing you said you do, YOU DO THAT."

When I had issues understanding what was up and inquired about a short summation about the issues I got:

That's short, yeah, but I asked for two. That's more than two. And when an exact request is made and the other side puts forth no effort to conform to the expected parameters then at times the requester can and will take exemption. I'm one of those folks.

I do like your holier than thou attitude about the hatred / Kurama / yo mama ( not really your mother I just like rhymes ) stuff. It shows implied personal interest and interested people make interesting arguments.
    But I could have easily refuted your side by saying that the chakra....absorption / maniuplation / this is another part that I'm not sure what you're arguing about.......THING.....was dependent on concentration of mind and clarity of cause. And force feeding years of repressed, even if recently dealt with, rage is a fine thine to break concentration and such.
    So I'll split a hair and say Kurama's not using the hatred to absorb / man....THING. He's just using it to break the concentration and from there the absor.....THING just happens as a by product of the conflict that's occuring.

There's also the whole Kushina showing up. But that's stuff for later.

For right now.....I am still not even entirely sure what you were arguing about. But I am sure I was happy that I got the thread outta that quagmire and that I tried to PM this to you to keep it that way. BUT SOMEONE DOESN"T EMPTY THEIR BOX.

If you wanna keep this up please for the love of the Senju, PM me.

Now, back to the other stuff.
    I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to flashdisk. You are free to make requests or try and interject yourself in the debate because this is a public forum but I am free to ignore you which I did. Mainly because I didn't feel like having others dragged into the debate.

I did not know my inbox was full so I do thank you for letting me know.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-08-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Wow. Hinata just got me all teary-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by forgotpassword View Post
    Wow. Hinata just got me all teary-eyed.
    You mean from Chapter 615 ie the last issue in December or did issue 616 come out already? Just asking as I don't see anything on the net yet.

You mean from Chapter 615 ie the last issue in December or did issue 616 come out already? Just asking as I don't see anything on the net yet.
    I hear there's going to be a Marvel crossover on the next release drawn by Stan Lee and Masashi Kishimoto.

Okay, so Respect Thread Status:

Toads are like 80% done.

Have been busier than expected.

Anyway, expect the update before the end of the week.

Sidenote: Seven Swordsmen!