Page 217 of 379 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5673
  1. #3241
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Arp is really annoying to try and debate against.

    He says NARUTO IS A LOSER BECAUSE HE HAD NO JUTSU.

    He had no jutsu because no one taught him because he was hated.

    Why he wants to say NARUTO IS USELESS BUT ROCK LESS IS AWESOME is ignorant because they are mirrors of each other. No one gave Rock credit because he had no jutsu but he trained his body ( with help from Gai ) to be a good ninja. No one gave Naruto credit because of his history but he too was able to overcome chakra issues ( kurama interfering ), being a social pariah ( kurama interfering ), having no parents to try and help him with their legacy techniques ( kurama interfering ) to be a good ninja.

    See all the (kurama interfering) things I put there? That means that all the times you say "he's only a good ninja because of the fox" I can counter with an entire lifetime of him BEING FUCKED OVER BECAUSE OF THE TAILS.

    But that doesn't matter because the fox is stupid and weak. As is Naruto.

    As is everyone in the manga that has any sort of genetic ability because the only people that deserve any credit are Gai, maybe Ei, and Lee.

    If anyone else in the entire manga of Naruto gets a compliment it's wasted because that person is wholly and intrinsically dependent upon those in-built abilities and not on their own skill.
    Sasuke? Eyes.
    Kakashi? Eyes.
    Gaara? Beasts and his mother.
    Mei? Hot and uses bloodline jutsu. Maybe her hotness is a bloodline jutsu as well and I shouldn't give her any credit because it's not really HER being hot.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  2. #3242
    Pilot of Gurren Kamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Maybe someone should write a fanfic about Naruto growing up without being a Jinchuriki, you know, Team 8-style?

    You all agree that Naruto is not useless, and that he has potential. Can you also agree that without Kurama, Naruto would not have made it as far as he did, assuming the storyline followed the same route as it did in canon. Next, add in the variables - Naruto won't be abused as a Jinchuriki, he'll have better opportunities to learn, and he might even be less hard-headed due to a lack of abuse in his childhood. All those things can substantially improve Naruto's chances as a ninja. He will be dead around the time of Pain's Invasion.

    Good? Good. Game, set, match.

  3. #3243
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Maybe someone should write a fanfic about Naruto growing up without being a Jinchuriki, you know, Team 8-style?

    You all agree that Naruto is not useless, and that he has potential. Can you also agree that without Kurama, Naruto would not have made it as far as he did, assuming the storyline followed the same route as it did in canon. Next, add in the variables - Naruto won't be abused as a Jinchuriki, he'll have better opportunities to learn, and he might even be less hard-headed due to a lack of abuse in his childhood. All those things can substantially improve Naruto's chances as a ninja. He will be dead around the time of Pain's Invasion.

    Good? Good. Game, set, match.
    You are making the same assumption most AU fanfic writers do.

    That just because you make one small change it will all happen the same as before with the exception of that one small change.

    Butterfly effect is a thing, you know?

    Say, Naruto is not a host. Is Kushina still a host? Does this mean Naruto still has parents? If not, then does not being a host means the village is aware of just who he is this time around due to his birth not having the same complication? Is he even raised in Konoha or does Jiraya take him with him now that he isn't a host and all? How early does he learn Sage Mode? No Kyuubi means eternal sage mode via ma and pa Toad. Does Jiraya even teach him here? Does Kakashi? How does his relationship with Sasuke change as a result of his background changing? If Minato is still alive does the Uchiha massacre still happen? Does the Kyuubi attack that lays the groundwork for the massacre even happen here?

    And so on and so on and so on.

    Hell, I can probably even come up with a suitably plausible 'Naruto becomes godlike because he didn't have the Kyuubi' theory/fanfic.

    Fear the Butterfly.

  4. #3244
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,004

    Default

    And hell, where is the Kyuubi if he isn't sealed?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  5. #3245
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    And hell, where is the Kyuubi if he isn't sealed?
    In Sasuke.

    And I'm loving the idea that with Minato, that with Kushina, that with a still Sarutobi to help out as well.........
    NARUTO DIES AGAINST GAARA.

    Because having slightly less chakra means that he's now useless. It doesn't mean that he learns how to use his own chakra instead of being forced to use the overwhelming beast in him.
    I want to make sure everyone knows that it's concrete cannon that Naruto has 1 unit of personal chakra and the rest his tank is Kurama chakra. This in comparison to the 500 units of chakra the average person gets.
    IOW:
    Naruto + Kurama = 1,000,000 chakra power
    Ramen guy = 500 chakra power
    Naruto - Kurama = 1 chakra
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  6. #3246
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Ramen guy I knew you were badass.

  7. #3247
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Ramen Guy is actually a piece of Senju DNA that was splashed by Uzumaki genetic material after an Uchihua cried on it because an akimichi ate it and then via space time Jutsu it was removed from the akimichi's belly and transported via gekkai genkai into the ramen shop where it became sentient.

    Which would make him awesome because he doesn't have a tailed beast in there but he does have that stupid bloodline DNA powerup that some people so hate and talk down about.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  8. #3248
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,004

    Default

    Ramen guy is actually the one who kicked Kurama's ass and sealed him after Minato died.

    Obito and Kurama found the whole thing so embarassing that they repressed the memory and replaced it with Minato and Kushina doing the sealing.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  9. #3249
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Maybe someone should write a fanfic about Naruto growing up without being a Jinchuriki, you know, Team 8-style?

    You all agree that Naruto is not useless, and that he has potential. Can you also agree that without Kurama, Naruto would not have made it as far as he did, assuming the storyline followed the same route as it did in canon. Next, add in the variables - Naruto won't be abused as a Jinchuriki, he'll have better opportunities to learn, and he might even be less hard-headed due to a lack of abuse in his childhood. All those things can substantially improve Naruto's chances as a ninja. He will be dead around the time of Pain's Invasion.

    Good? Good. Game, set, match.
    Here is my fan fic, Naruto grows up without the 9 tails. His father the Hokage and his mother Kushina are around. He is the village darling because he is the son of the living 4th Hokage. That livng 4th Hokage teaches him the Flying Thunder God Technique that due to his genetics Naruto is well suited to learn and thus the legacy of the Yellow Flash ie the fastest ninja the ninja world has ever seen lives on. With that technique and the special kunai skills Minato teaches him, Naruto like his father is capable of decimating large groups of people like his dad to the point that enemies are told never engage him in battle directly.

    Add to that, he learns all the awesome sealing techniques from Kushina which her family was renowned for as well as the chakra chains that were able to restrain the Kyuubi inside her as well as in the real world. With those sealing techniques and chakra chains, he is well suited for dealing with any large scale enemies.

    So basically you have a ninja adept at fighting human enemies one on one. Groups of enemies using FTGT and talied beasts and other large enemies using sealing techniques and chakra chains. I am not exactly sure why you think that would not make him one of the most formiddable ninjas in the book.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

    "Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

  10. #3250
    Pilot of Gurren Kamina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You are making the same assumption most AU fanfic writers do.

    That just because you make one small change it will all happen the same as before with the exception of that one small change.
    Not quite sure what you're getting at here, because I'm not denying that circumstances could change the flow of events, but I also don't believe that should a certain flow of events occur would Naruto be able to defeat Pain without Kurama.

    I should rephrase.

    When I said "add in the variables" I was acknowledging the butterfly effect, but I should have separated it from the rest of that paragraph. Factor in the new educational opportunities, the lack of Kurama and thus the village not hating Naruto off the bat, and take him off Akatsuki's wanted list, and Naruto will probably improve twice as fast as his canon self. Like you said, we could have infinite scenarios here, some with Naruto's advantage, some without.

    However, if I didn't add in the variables of Naruto's changed life - if I wrote the story and followed canon with Naruto taking the Chunin Exams, training with Jiraiya, learning Sage Mode - I don't believe he would survive against Pain without Kurama. I could set it up so that Kushina died as Kurama's host and took Kurama with her; Minato succumbed to his injuries, and the villagers believed what they wanted and still chose to demonize Naruto. And the significant change? Naruto didn't get Kurama, but his parents still died, and he still had a miserable childhood. Single point of departure.

  11. #3251
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    However, if I didn't add in the variables of Naruto's changed life - if I wrote the story and followed canon with Naruto taking the Chunin Exams, training with Jiraiya, learning Sage Mode - I don't believe he would survive against Pain without Kurama. I could set it up so that Kushina died as Kurama's host and took Kurama with her; Minato succumbed to his injuries, and the villagers believed what they wanted and still chose to demonize Naruto. And the significant change? Naruto didn't get Kurama, but his parents still died, and he still had a miserable childhood. Single point of departure.
    While I can get some of the points you're making this particular set up screams bias to me. So Naruto's life is going to be the exact same cept now he's lacking Kurama. He's gonna....wait, let me ask something before I pick apart this.
    What feats do we consider wholly Naruto and what feats do we consider Kurama tainted? Was his learning of the shadow clone Kurama's fault? Was his ability to make so many clones Kurama's fault or was it purely his chakra?
    Looking back at the first issue we see a flare of tailed chakra but it's quickly dissipated and not actually used for any jutsu. When Naruto uses his mass shadow clone jutsu his whisker's aren't flaring, he's not chakra covered, his eyes are normal, IE it's HIS chakra being used.

    So before I pick apart the identical set up, exactly why do you think base Naruto isn't worth a shit? And why without Kurama there he would have the exact same chakra issues he normally does despite Kurama being the reason for those troubles?

    What's up with that.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  12. #3252
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,004

    Default

    Well, to be perfectly fair, it's true that Naruto without Kurama probably dies against Pain.

    But that just puts Naruto in the same basket as everyone except...Madara and maybe Kabuto and Itachi.

    That said, yes, Naruto not being Kurama's host should really change a hell of a lot of things.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  13. #3253
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    While I can get some of the points you're making this particular set up screams bias to me. So Naruto's life is going to be the exact same cept now he's lacking Kurama. He's gonna....wait, let me ask something before I pick apart this.
    What feats do we consider wholly Naruto and what feats do we consider Kurama tainted? Was his learning of the shadow clone Kurama's fault? Was his ability to make so many clones Kurama's fault or was it purely his chakra?
    Looking back at the first issue we see a flare of tailed chakra but it's quickly dissipated and not actually used for any jutsu. When Naruto uses his mass shadow clone jutsu his whisker's aren't flaring, he's not chakra covered, his eyes are normal, IE it's HIS chakra being used.

    So before I pick apart the identical set up, exactly why do you think base Naruto isn't worth a shit? And why without Kurama there he would have the exact same chakra issues he normally does despite Kurama being the reason for those troubles?

    What's up with that.
    Kakashi also flat-out stated way back during his exam with Team 7 that Naruto's natural chakra was on par with his own, so he's isn't lacking in reserves without Kurama.

  14. #3254
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Not quite sure what you're getting at here, because I'm not denying that circumstances could change the flow of events, but I also don't believe that should a certain flow of events occur would Naruto be able to defeat Pain without Kurama.

    I should rephrase.

    When I said "add in the variables" I was acknowledging the butterfly effect, but I should have separated it from the rest of that paragraph. Factor in the new educational opportunities, the lack of Kurama and thus the village not hating Naruto off the bat, and take him off Akatsuki's wanted list, and Naruto will probably improve twice as fast as his canon self. Like you said, we could have infinite scenarios here, some with Naruto's advantage, some without.

    However, if I didn't add in the variables of Naruto's changed life - if I wrote the story and followed canon with Naruto taking the Chunin Exams, training with Jiraiya, learning Sage Mode - I don't believe he would survive against Pain without Kurama. I could set it up so that Kushina died as Kurama's host and took Kurama with her; Minato succumbed to his injuries, and the villagers believed what they wanted and still chose to demonize Naruto. And the significant change? Naruto didn't get Kurama, but his parents still died, and he still had a miserable childhood. Single point of departure.
    Not sure what you are getting at here. You're saying if you decide the flow of a story you could get the result you wanted?

    Well, yes.

    Just like I can make it so that Nagato, Yahiko and Konan become circus people.


    On another topic, to those following the Respect Threat I'm making, the current status is:

    Base Naruto (Post time skip): 90% done with a 5 percent margin of error or so.
    Kyuubi Naruto is like 99% done.
    Sage Naruto is 90% done period.
    Toads, Full Kyuubi Mode and Gold Mode are all at 0 percent competition.

  15. #3255
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,563

    Default

    or does Jiraya take him with him now that he isn't a host and all?
    Assuming J-Man doesn't get hit with the PIS Induced laziness he had over the time skip, Naruto becomes an utter beast under his training. I mean, just look at he did for Konan and them with no real problem and given Naruto learned the Kage Bushin well before he even knew how to use the Kyuubi at all, Naruto becomes Super Naruto even without the Kyuubi.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •