Page 213 of 380 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5694

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    If by "goes off in different direction" you mean "drives off a cliff into a pit of anti-comedy and the tears of orphans who've just been told Santa doesn't exist", then yes.
    Nope. Most of the anime-only episodes were great. Nearly all of my favourite episodes are anime-only.

The episode with the Naruto, Hinata and Kiba doppelgangers was amazing. I loved it! The episode with the Onbuu (a furry animal that attaches itself to Naruto's back) was also amazing. The one with the magnetic ninja, the Bikochu beetle arc, both great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One of those episode's plot is essentially "Ino masquerades as the fiance of a fat guy whom resembles her, only chunkier. Events conspire to force Naruto to henge into Ino too. Said fiance proceeds to chase Naruto around until he reaches a roof, and then, still disguised as Ino, pees off the roof. Onto the real Ino."

Yes. I'm serious.
    So that's one bad episode. Plenty of others, like those listed above, are awesome.

Watch the anime-only episodes. You will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh really?

How 'bout dat Anima then? :P
    Missing PMs from Jared, Garon and Ardelyn.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    You're assuming he's traumatized when there's no indication of this at all. You're entire argument is an assumption to explain a retcon that may or may not have been able to have been done more convincingly. From what can be proven and not assumed, Obito turned frighteningly evil because his childhood crush died. And that is a pretty extreme change for a childhood crush. He went bak to Madara because Rin died. He agree to Madara's plan because Rin died and he'd be able to see here again in the new world he hopes to created where what happened to Rin won't happen anymore. In essence, Rin's death set in motion everything currently happening in the story and the reason Obito is doing everything he's doing and has done.
    And your point is what exactly? We know Rin's death is the triggering event. I simply subscribe to Occam's Razor. A traumatic event occurred and after said event a person made decisions uncharacteristic of them. The simplest and most logical explanation is they did so because they were traumatised by said event.

All any logical person has to do is make one simple assumption ie a traumtic event actually caused trauma and the story makes sense. Perfectly fine if you don't want to but I am not sure why you act like this is some great leap of faith when it is the most obivous answer.

Last night I killed some people in my dreams? Does that make me evil? No because they are not real. To Obito this world is no longer real. It is a nightmare that he wants to wake up from. If he has to kill a bunch of dream people to do it, it doesn't matter because those people will be alive in the next world. Obviously, from our perspective that might make him evil but the story has made it perfectly clear that is how he thinks to the point that one of the dream people he will kill is himself.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Regarding Filler Hell:

The only more or less worthwhile episodes are the NotaZabuzaClone arc, laughing Shino ep, Anko's past arc. Otherwise they range between forgettable, meh, and bad.

Sidenote: Been rereading the manga in preparation for my respect thread, and I just noticed that Obito is first hinted at way early on, like before the Chuunin exam even. He's first mentioned by name after it though, when everyone is in the Third's funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Sidenote: Been rereading the manga in preparation for my respect thread, and I just noticed that Obito is first hinted at way early on, like before the Chuunin exam even. He's first mentioned by name after it though, when everyone is in the Third's funeral.
    He shows up in pictures, I think?

Repeated for the new page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Anyone has good Naruto fanfics to recommend?

Requirements:

- Not a comedy. I don't mind occasional jokes, but I'm not looking for a crack story.
    - Romance mustn't be the center of the fic.
    - Naruto as the main character.
    - No bashing. (Stuff like Sasuke hating Itachi is obviously fine.)
    - Must at least work in the setting's rules. AU is good, but it has to be believable.

Preferably:

- Takes place around the beginning of the manga, or at least before the fight against Gaara.
    - Involves the Nine-Tail somehow.

Yeah, he shows in the picture of Kakashi's old team.

And sadly, there isn't a fanfic that I can think to recommend at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah, he shows in the picture of Kakashi's old team.

And sadly, there isn't a fanfic that I can think to recommend at the moment.
    Funnily enough, that chapter is titled "Who are you?".

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Missing PMs from Jared, Garon and Ardelyn.
    Around the houses I go to get shit done. ^_^
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Fanfic recommendation, same as always for me.

Forlorn

When they're kids Naruto meets up with Gaara and Haku and bring them to Konoha where they basically become like brothers and end up together in a team. It's an incredibly well-written AU fic with lots of drama, character development, romance and action. Several side-characters, most notably Hinata and Tenten, get much more developed characters and it has two of the best OCs I've seen in any fic. It has a sequel series but that one is updating REALLY slowly.

For those interested, my (incomplete) respect threat is up in Rumbles.

Look at it and despair!

Also, looking at my favorites list in Fanfiction.net has made me realize how long it has been since any fic I like has updated.

Seriously, there is a deep lack of pure Naruto fics recently. Recently I have only discovered like five (and those crossovers)or so new fics that have kept my interest.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Are fanfics generally any good?

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    Are fanfics generally any good?
    Not really. Law of averages, however, says that if you have a few hundred thousand of something a few must be good.

Veteran Member

Some fanfic recommendations that might or might not fit Siriel's tastes.

Life in Konoha's ANBU - More or less fits all primary requirements. An AU in which Naruto is personally trained by Sarutobi and joins ANBU early on. Naruto is considerably more varied in terms of skillset, but perhaps less powerful overall. Current fic timeframe is before the Chuunin Exams, but the fic has not done much of anything with the fox. Current story length: 170,000 words.

One Small Kindness - Fits more or less all primary requirements. AU in which Naruto develops a friendly relationship with Sasuke and gets into the good graces of Mikoto Uchiha, causing all sorts of butterflies (the good kind of butterfly, story is solid in terms of venturing beyond the stations of canon). Has a major departure from canon in the fact that Tobi IS Madara (as in the Uchiha ancestor) in this fic. Timeframe ends just after the canon point of the Uchiha massacre.

Has an ongoing sequel titled Daybreak, which explores the ramifications of the divergence down the timeline, ramifications such as Hokage!Itachi, Mito Uzumaki being summoned as an Edo Tensei and Sasuke being taught senninjutsu by the Snakes. Current timeframe for this one is just past the Chuunin exams and things are happening, big time. This one is more of an ensemble piece, though, with Naruto being only a part of the main cast rather than the clear protagonist.

If someone wanna, I can go check the Big List. There ought to be someone decent there.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check them out.

If you think of any others, please say so.

Rereading the manga. Up to Sai's introduction. Can't believe how much the guy has changed.

Also, there is a serious lack of Base Naruto feats so far. I have way more Kyuubi Naruto feats than anything so far.