Page 207 of 379 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5673
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by narutoshippuden View Post
    Let's make a game? Who ai might cite the biggest and best of jutsus
    Naruto?

It's too soon for that kinda thing brah. Give it a few more weeks.

Now then, I'm watching toonami Naruto and Sasuke just said "I don't have a dream, because I'm going to make it a reality."

OMG INAZAMAYNGAI FORESHADOWING>
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

You all are crazy. Papillon Mask was the manliest butterfly user ever. Followed closely by The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch.

*cough*
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 12-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I meant it figuratively ie her behavior and not literally. Dumb pink haired girl doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Thinking about it, wouldn't pink technically count as a kind of red hair?

Her obession with Sasuke says dumb blonde to me.
    Has Sakura even been obsessed with Sasuke since, like, pre-time skip?

I mean, she did try to stab him to death that one time, but I got the impression that was more of a platonic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by narutoshippuden View Post
    What did you think of the latest episode of Shippuden?
    Like it?

I found it very good and you?
    Aren't you that guy I couldn't quite tell if was an actual guy or a bot?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Oh, thank god. I thought I was the only one who thought he was a bot.

A belief that I have yet to discard, I might add.
    The one I was thinking about seems to have been deleted, but this one is basically identical except with a different name, so I just went ahead and reported him to be on the safe side.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Noooo. Why report him? I can't tell if he's a bot either!

I mean, he hasn't made lots and lots of threads like the other and he doesn't have links in his sig. So maybe he just loves smileys.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

So I wasn't the only one confused by that. Knowing makes me feel better.

As I'm watching this war unfold in the most recent chapters, all I think is "all this because a girl this guy liked died, a girl who didn't even reciprocate his feeling at that". And what's worse is that he doesn't even know the reason! He could have apparently, at any time, ask the man responsible but didn't! And considering who is responsible, you'd think that'd make the desire for answers even more needful! Yet he doesn't! He just doesn't care? How can he not care! It's absurd!
    Last edited by arp2008; 12-23-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    As I'm watching this war unfold in the most recent chapters, all I think is "all this because a girl this guy liked died, a girl who didn't even reciprocate his feeling at that". And what's worse is that he doesn't even know the reason! He could have apparently, at any time, ask the man responsible but didn't! And considering who is responsible, you'd think that'd make the desire for answers even more needful! Yet he doesn't! He just doesn't care? How can he not care! It's absurd!
    There's already been a rather extensive discussion about that a few pages back. (Given that said discussion ended up dying because I had to moderator it, I'll remind everyone right away to keep things about the manga, not the posters.)

To Obito, it doesn't matter why Kakashi ended up killing Rin. What matters is that the world they live in is one where such a thing can happen at all. Obito can't accept that, so he intends to override reality with a world where something like that can't happen.

Obito knows that Kakashi isn't some asshole who'd randomly murder one of his best friends, so he can guess that Kakashi probably had a good reason. Hence why he's pissed off at the world that made this possible, not Kakashi.

In other words, it's not about Kakashi killing Rin. It's about them living in a world where best friends can end up killing each others and Obito not being willing to accept that.

Also, technically this war is because of Madara's plan. Had Obito not been willing to go along with it, he most likely would have found someone else.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

This would be true if Kakashi ends up telling Obito the reason why and Obito has a change of heart. If he does then yeah it is a dumb blonde moment. However as Siriel suggests, it is likely Obito does not care that Rin doesn't love him nor does he care why Kakashi killed Rin. The ninja world is screwed up because the girl he loved most can be murdered by the guy he respected most and in the end not only is it not pusnished but it is rewarded. And it is more than just flaws in human nature but the laws/physics of this world itself where butchering your friends and family gets you a shiny new Magekyo Sharingan if you are an Uchiha.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    There's already been a rather extensive discussion about that a few pages back. (Given that said discussion ended up dying because I had to moderator it, I'll remind everyone right away to keep things about the manga, not the posters.)
    Yep. I started a similar discussion before the one you speak of and abounded it for others and I agreed to disagree.

To Obito, it doesn't matter why Kakashi ended up killing Rin. What matters is that the world they live in is one where such a thing can happen at all. Obito can't accept that, so he intends to override reality with a world where something like that can't happen.
    No matter how you guys try to mold the picture of Obito's motivation not being about Rin, it is! It all comes downs to the fact that his heel turn to evil is because his little childhood crush died. As a ninja Obito could not have been ignorant of the world he lived in. He had to have known people suffered heinous, tragic deaths and the one day he himself may very well have to do the same to another. And yet, all the while during his time with Rin and Kakashi and the 4th he was perfectly content and happy and fun loving. It's only upon her death he suddenly decides he's in hell when he could have very well done the same to enemy? He's a hypocrite.

Obito knows that Kakashi isn't some asshole who'd randomly murder one of his best friends, so he can guess that Kakashi probably had a good reason. Hence why he's pissed off at the world that made this possible, not Kakashi.

In other words, it's not about Kakashi killing Rin. It's about them living in a world where best friends can end up killing each others and Obito not being willing to accept that.
    It doesn't make any sense as I explained above. The world didn't kill Rin, Kakashi did. As a ninja, Obito is and has been well aware of the fact that this happens, especially given his occupation as someone who'd have to do the same to someone else should the mission deem it necessary!

If Obito had bothered to ask why he may have gotten an answer that put his heartache over Rin to rest. But nope. He wants to start a world war and relentlessly murder innocents instead.

Also, technically this war is because of Madara's plan. Had Obito not been willing to go along with it, he most likely would have found someone else.
    It'd have been bette if he found someone else. At they might have has a justifiable reason.
    Last edited by arp2008; 12-23-2012 at 10:27 PM.

This would be true if Kakashi ends up telling Obito the reason why and Obito has a change of heart. If he does then yeah it is a dumb blonde moment. However as Siriel suggests, it is likely Obito does not care that Rin doesn't love him nor does he care why Kakashi killed Rin. The ninja world is screwed up because the girl he loved most can be murdered by the guy he respected most and in the end not only is it not pusnished but it is rewarded. And it is more than just flaws in human nature but the laws/physics of this world itself where butchering your friends and family gets you a shiny new Magekyo Sharingan if you are an Uchiha.
    Again, Obito knew good and well the type of world he was in more so than the average citizen since he was a ninja and one who was fighting in a war at that! He couldn't have been so ignorant to the fact the tragic things happen to people and those close to them before deciding on a profession wherein his life would be filled by such things.

He even says in the manga to Kakashi, "it's because you let Rin die".

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Since I'm offended I haven't been mentioned by name as someone that talks about this subject I'm gonna put this bluntly.

The entire bullshit part of the Rin thing is that there is a huge difference between being a part of a reason and being a sole reason. If he had never met Madara and Rin died, then he wouldn't be here. If someone other than Kakashi killed her, then he wouldn't be here. If she died because she slipped and fell on some steps One Piece style, then he wouldn't be here.

It's not that we don't give her credit, it's that we don't give her all of it.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Since I'm offended I haven't been mentioned by name as someone that talks about this subject I'm gonna put this bluntly.

The entire bullshit part of the Rin thing is that there is a huge difference between being a part of a reason and being a sole reason. If he had never met Madara and Rin died, then he wouldn't be here. If someone other than Kakashi killed her, then he wouldn't be here. If she died because she slipped and fell on some steps One Piece style, then he wouldn't be here.

It's not that we don't give her credit, it's that we don't give her all of it.
    Madara is irrelevant. All the while he was with Madara recuperating from his injuries, he had all the resolved in the world to reunite with Kakashi and Rin and the 4th. Obito became only decides to become a hypocrite when Rin dies. And lets not forget that Obito more likely than to had have family back at the village, presuming, of course, he didn't raise and provide for himself during infancy. Yet he chose this obviously ill-intentioned stranger living an an underground lair by himself instead of his family and village. It all doesn't make any sense!

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Madara is irrelevant. All the while he was with Madara recuperating from his injuries, he had all the resolved in the world to reunite with Kakashi and Rin and the 4th. Obito became only decides to become a hypocrite when Rin dies. And lets not forget that Obito more likely than to had have family back at the village, presuming, of course, he didn't raise and provide for himself during infancy. Yet he chose this obviously ill-intentioned stranger living an an underground lair by himself instead of his family and village. It all doesn't make any sense!
    how is obito a hypocrite?