Page 205 of 379 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5673
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Wait... What? What dumb blonde? Do you mean Ino? Cause Naruto hasn't really had any interactions with Ino one-on-one, romantic or otherwise. Or did you mean Sakura? Because Sakura has pink hair, not blonde. Or is there some third blonde girl I don't know about.
    Tsunade, that one lightning chick, temari, probably some filler chars

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    But he already did that, more or less, when he dealt with Pain.

His home village was destroyed, friends and teachers were killed and he was faced with the harsh reality that the ninja world isn't black and white at all. That he was able to overcome his personal anger for the sake of stopping the cycle of violence is what turned Pain around to believeing in Naruto. And ever since then he's just been building on on all these things.

It'd be a bit repetitive is what I'm saying.
    Wouldn't disagree with you.

Madara and the absolutely insane scale are what is saving this particular stretch for me. As Obito isn't all that dissimilar from Pain as an antagonist at this point. Which in and of itself fits, because he tried to be to Pain what Madara currently is to him. So it makes sense that he would revert to his less authoritative mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    Tsunade, that one lightning chick, temari, probably some filler chars
    His own girl form is probably the dumbest blonde in the series, outside of a fight.

Though really, we all know that he's in love with Sasuke.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    Wouldn't disagree with you.

Madara and the absolutely insane scale are what is saving this particular stretch for me. As Obito isn't all that dissimilar from Pain as an antagonist at this point. Which in and of itself fits, because he tried to be to Pain what Madara currently is to him. So it makes sense that he would revert to his less authoritative mindset.
    I'm actually finding the ridiculous scale a bit detrimental to my interest. I get what Kishimoto is going for, odds that actually seem completely impossible so that the inevitable victory for the heroes is that much more incredible. But it's just not working for me. I'm just seeing a big explosion followed by a bigger explosion followed by an even bigger explosion and so on and so forth and my interest wanes with each size-increase of the explosions.

Chapters like this last one, with some great emotional impact, saves it all a bit for me. But scale-wise my interest peaks at around the kage vs. Madara battle (which had a great variety in terms of giant "special effects") or the Naruto, Kakashi, Killer Bee and Gai vs. Obito fight (which had excellent close combat with detailed coreography).

I get why most people really like the current action. It just isn't really working for me.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I just wish that Madara was bit more... you know... into it?

I mean, it's really hard to root against someone who seems like he doesn't actually care about it all that much.

I'd like if either he or Obito were more sort of...

...Yeah...

That'd be fun.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Itachi is the best hero and villain.

Also the worst of both.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I mean, it's really hard to root against someone who seems like he doesn't actually care about it all that much.

...Yeah...

That'd be fun.

Silly Itachi.

Wait... What? What dumb blonde? Do you mean Ino? Cause Naruto hasn't really had any interactions with Ino one-on-one, romantic or otherwise. Or did you mean Sakura? Because Sakura has pink hair, not blonde. Or is there some third blonde girl I don't know about.
    I meant it figuratively ie her behavior and not literally. Dumb pink haired girl doesn't have the same ring to it.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

In anime related news:

Sage Naruto utterly stomped Four Tails Naruto.

Hell, He was barely trying. I so have to look animated gifs for this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

...Yeah...

That'd be fun.
    Exactly! Madara needs to be more like Ceasar Clown or Raul Julia's M. Bison, and have FUN with being a megalomaniac with genocidal intentions. He's so boring to read about, because he's treating it like he's doing a 9-to-5 office job, and NOT like he's a would-be world conqueror.

If our villain's not going to enjoy being committing his evil, why should we enjoy reading about him doing it?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Exactly! Madara needs to be more like Ceasar Clown or Raul Julia's M. Bison, and have FUN with being a megalomaniac with genocidal intentions. He's so boring to read about, because he's treating it like he's doing a 9-to-5 office job, and NOT like he's a would-be world conqueror.

If our villain's not going to enjoy being committing his evil, why should we enjoy reading about him doing it?
    ...Madara's like the evil version of the guy in Onepunch Man.

So damn strong, treats all kinds of threats like it's a chore now.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

I don't know, I kinda like Madara because he just doesn't seem to care. Look at most other Naruto villains; Orochimaru, Pein, Obito, Danzo, and even Kisame and Deidara. Look at the heroes too. Most if not all of these people do care about something. They take their jobs so seriously it sometimes kills them.

And then you have Madara, who just doesn't seem to care about anything other than himself. It appears that he didn't even care about his clan or brother, and he's treating the whole process of taking over the world like a normal person would about taking out the trash. If anything, it makes me hate even more, because he's coming in at the last minute, just expecting things to go his way. Most anime villains are so melodramatic, that seeing Madara so cool and collected-for now-is just so, I don't know, not what I expected. I don't think I've ever hated a fictional character so much.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Meh, I'd wait until they speak again before proclaiming any foregone conclusion on the shipping front. As it stands, Sakura seems to be muddled about her feelings and Naruto seems to accept that he may not have a place in Sakura's heart, but still retains romantic feelings for her. And *if* the NaruSaku ship does sink, Kishimoto better get crackin' with some long overdue interaction that doesn't involve dramatic, near-death experiences so it doesn't seem like Hinata is Naruto's rebound girl. Just because she saves his life does NOT obligate him to return her feelings.
    my thoughts: while i am a narusaku shipper, i wont say if it works or not right now. i still dont by naruhina because there is just not enough there for me to buy it as a possibility. sure she saved his life and confessed to him but naruto really hasnt spoken about it in any sort of depth.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    In anime related news:

Sage Naruto utterly stomped Four Tails Naruto.

Hell, He was barely trying. I so have to look animated gifs for this now.
    ...k. How does that fight happen?

Actually, just tell me if the filler is good or not.

In Storm 3 news there's now a video with Butterfly Chouji in action.

Choji is seriously the only character in fiction who can make a butterfly a manly and fierce symbol.