Page 200 of 380 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5695

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Sasuke: Dobe.

Naruto: Sasuke!? *tears in eyes*

Sasuke: Shut up and listen.

Naruto: Sasuke! *shakes fist at him*

Sasuke: See this photo of the First Hokage?

Naruto: Sasuke. *nods tentatively*

Sasuke: It is the secret to defeating Uchiha Madara once and for all.

Naruto: Sasuke? *confuzzled*

Sasuke: Four words: "Hashirama Harem no Jutsu."

Naruto: Sasuke! *smacks fist in palm*
    OT:

Komamura: TOUSEN!
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Shikamaru's gonna kill Madara now.

I'm just calling it here.

He's going to analyse the situation like a cool motherfucker and then WHAM! Strategise him to death in an instant.

Because you don't fuck with Shikamaru.
    And then Madara appears behind him and shanks him while revealing that the Madara Shikamaru beat was actually a rather weak wood clone. Because he's Uchiha Madara, and he has no weaknesses to exploit.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Only that Shikimaru turns out to be a log.

At which time Madara sees Shikimaru being all strategist and Madara finds himself amidst another copious amount of what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog
    And then Madara appears behind him and shanks him again while revealing that the Madara Shikamaru beat was actually a rather weak wood clone.
    At which time it's revealed that Sasuke has used his newfound knowledge of time-loop no jutsu to trap Madara using the consecutive Shikimaru stabbings. And since Madara is perfect he has nothing to learn, and since he has nothing to learn he can't escape, and since he can't escape he becomes the most powerful statue on the battlefield.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post

At which time Madara sees Shikimaru being all strategist and Madara finds himself amidst another copious amount of what have you.

At which time it's revealed that Sasuke has used his newfound knowledge of time-loop no jutsu to trap Madara using the consecutive Shikimaru stabbings. And since Madara is perfect he has nothing to learn, and since he has nothing to learn he can't escape, and since he can't escape he becomes the most powerful statue on the battlefield.
    Meh. He'd just unseal the loop-de-loop jutsu after the third. Because he's Madara and can do blahdiblah whatever he wants. When he's released himself he'll try out another wacky super-combo of all the powers he has. Like lighting the ground with amaterasu and then spreading it all over the alliance army with shinra tensei.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post

Dear Haruhi... I can see the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Meh. He'd just unseal the loop-de-loop jutsu after the third. Because he's Madara and can do blahdiblah whatever he wants. When he's released himself he'll try out another wacky super-combo of all the powers he has. Like lighting the ground with amaterasu and then spreading it all over the alliance army with shinra tensei.
    No, I can totally buy what Transient was just - did you just say "Meh" - nevermind, I can totally buy what Transient was just throwing down. Madara's about to win and then Sasuke'll plop down from the rooftops of Gotham City and tell him to "Step off." And Madara'll be like "Who's this asshole?" and Sasuke will reply with, "I'm the baller you tried to replace as the final boss" and Madara's face will be like "What? Hell no, I WORKED to get this far, I'M the main antagonist! I've been trolling these ninja-noobs since I GOT here." and Sasuke'll "Pffft. Lay off muthafucka, I was trollin' Naruto before it was cool.".

If Madara's too OP for that, then they can DEFINITELY get Obito with it. That dude's got so many existential issues it's not even funny. It'd be like that massive argument that took place here a few weeks ago except all going on inside Obito's head, he'd scurry through the loop like a mouse in a maze with no exit, never accepting the tragic life he's been damned to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    No, I can totally buy what Transient was just - did you just say "Meh" - nevermind, I can totally buy what Transient was just throwing down. Madara's about to win and then Sasuke'll plop down from the rooftops of Gotham City and tell him to "Step off." And Madara'll be like "Who's this asshole?" and Sasuke will reply with, "I'm the baller you tried to replace as the final boss" and Madara's face will be like "What? Hell no, I WORKED to get this far, I'M the main antagonist! I've been trolling these ninja-noobs since I GOT here." and Sasuke'll "Pffft. Lay off muthafucka, I was trollin' Naruto before it was cool.".
    Sasuke ain't gonna appear here. Madara will be defeated by the ninja alliance to show their unity and stuff. Sasuke will be the final personal boss for Naruto in the last arc. Simple as that.
    If Madara's too OP for that, then they can DEFINITELY get Obito with it. That dude's got so many existential issues it's not even funny. It'd be like that massive argument that took place here a few weeks ago except all going on inside Obito's head, he'd scurry through the loop like a mouse in a maze with no exit, never accepting the tragic life he's been damned to.
    I'm not sure it'd work on Obito simply because he has accepted that his life is shit and that entire ninja world is in fact shit. He knows that his life is a tragic mess and he's accepted that. That was the point of the discussion. Not entirely sure that Obito will even defect during this fight at all. Dude just helped to nuke a minimum of two villages without batting an eye.

More likely he'll be defeated and then he'll find out the truth behind Rin's death and then he dies a tragic end. Because quite honestly that's what the little shit deserves.

Just a thing, Izanami is not about having a deep meaningful personal realization.

It is a bout having the deep meaningful realization the Caster of the technique wants you to have.

Brainwashing.

Why did you think Itachi uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sasuke ain't gonna appear here. Madara will be defeated by the ninja alliance to show their unity and stuff. Sasuke will be the final personal boss for Naruto in the last arc. Simple as that.

I'm not sure it'd work on Obito simply because he has accepted that his life is shit and that entire ninja world is in fact shit. He knows that his life is a tragic mess and he's accepted that. That was the point of the discussion. Not entirely sure that Obito will even defect during this fight at all. Dude just helped to nuke a minimum of two villages without batting an eye.
    Maybe the philosophical laws of Izanami can vary from user to user.

I'd have to look back to see what Kabuto's linchpin was, but for Obito, the day that Rin died was when everything lost meaning. What if Sasuke aimed the Izanami trance in a way that requires Obito to accept the consequences of placing the world inside a never-ending trance? Malnutrition, dehydration; while people are all happy in their personal fantasies, evidenced by Obito saying he'll make Naruto "Hokage in the dream world", they aren't running around eating or drinking real food.

They'll be slowly dying unless the Ten-Tails physically creates a parallel universe for everyone (OP-Tails) where they can actually digest food and drink fluids. Otherwise, they're just in a high-definition coma with a marathon of (insert your favorite TV series here) playing in the background. Obito, on the other hand, seems to believe everyone will simply be better off this way, because he believes he himself to be better off this way.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, who says the Izanami couldn't be rigged to force someone to accept a "truth" the user places on their situation? If Sasuke aligned the "reality" that Obito has to accept to be the fact, or assumption, that the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be like being in the Matrix without a Skynet health plan/being hooked up to an IV, then would Obito be able to accept that? He's been so dedicated to his Fantasy Island Mobilization Plan, he might just deny any of the inevitable aspects that would come after it's usage, and Izanami traps him there, denying that there will be any deaths, because in the real world, death and identity mean nothing.

I imagine that if the Ten-Tails doesn't realitywarp, people will start dropping like flies in a matter of days, but to the people still "jacked in", they'll just see these people "go away for a while" in Little Sister vision and have no reason to be sad about it. Obito may try to argue that, but Sasuke's 'Izanamic' truth/password will be "I accept that I am commiting slow genocide" or "I am forcing people to commit slow suicide by forcing them to submit to their wildest dreams".

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Just a thing, Izanami is not about having a deep meaningful personal realization.

It is a bout having the deep meaningful realization the Caster of the technique wants you to have.

Brainwashing.

Why did you think Itachi uses it?
    Heh heh... I was just considering this. Yeah, you said it better than me. What-if Sasuke forces Obito to accept that "the sky is purple" using Izanami? What if an Izanami user forces you to accept that Jesus was a ninja?

Getting vibes from Umineko here. Izanami is basically what Umineko is all about - Beatrice screwing with Battler by altering events over and over again, all in an effort to make him accept that witches exist.

The only saving graces are their Sharingans, but Kabuto blinded himself while he was fighting Itachi and still got caught in Izanami, didn't he?
    Last edited by Kamina; 12-14-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Heh heh... I was just considering this. Yeah, you said it better than me. What-if Sasuke forces Obito to accept that "the sky is purple" using Izanami? What if an Izanami user forces you to accept that Jesus was a ninja?

Getting vibes from Umineko here. Izanami is basically what Umineko is all about - Beatrice screwing with Battler by altering events over and over again, all in an effort to make him accept that witches exist.

The only saving graces are their Sharingans, but Kabuto blinded himself while he was fighting Itachi and still got caught in Izanami, didn't he?
    Izanami doesn't require eye contact. It just requires you to give up an Eye, kind of like Izanagi IIRC.

On the downside, it's stupidly hard to set up.

Kishimoto made a point of saying it is an Izanagi counter, and it really works for it. Because the other guy using Izanagi makes it way easier to fulfill the requirement, two similar enough events happening during the fight for you to overlap.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-14-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Team Taka make their Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth debut. It contains their most successful battle yet.

Transformers Animated fan

As sad as losing Shikamaru's father can be, I'm kind of glad the Jyuubi is at least taking out more members of the ninja alliance. I think it would be better if the Jyuubi kills more alliance ninja, otherwise the horror of war can't be felt.

I think one of the terrors of war is that the person next to you may suddenly dissappear in the blink of an eye, be they be a friend or a family member. There is a great uncertainty in every minute. I'm still hoping the manga will reflect more of that. And I'm also interested in Naruto's reaction.

The Jyuubi looks more and more like an alien. Maybe it's a creature from another world. It's intriguing. I'm starting to get interested in the origins of the Jyuubi.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    As sad as losing Shikamaru's father can be, I'm kind of glad the Jyuubi is at least taking out more members of the ninja alliance. I think it would be better if the Jyuubi kills more alliance ninja, otherwise the horror of war can't be felt.

I think one of the terrors of war is that the person next to you may suddenly dissappear in the blink of an eye, be they be a friend or a family member. There is a great uncertainty in every minute. I'm still hoping the manga will reflect more of that.
    Keep in mind that this is written by the guy who killed off half the cast during the Pain invasion and then revived everyone with a deus ex machina. I'm not sure an accurate portrayal of the horror of war is what he's going for.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Keep in mind that this is written by the guy who killed off half the cast during the Pain invasion and then revived everyone with a deus ex machina. I'm not sure an accurate portrayal of the horror of war is what he's going for.
    They've done a pretty good job of showing how constant death is in war in the anime filler were a few minutes are spent on showing some random ninja(s), giving them personalities and making them mostly likeable.

Then they're killed rather abruptly.

Nefarious Cartoonist

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Somewhere, Paploo is cheering about this.
    I used to love CBR's forums, but fans who steal from creators ruined it for me.
    Glad CBR's mods have rules like this. Glad they enforce it. Glad sites are dying off like they should- http://www.vizmanga.com has been around for awhile now, and Shonen Jump Alpha is growing and going simulatenous [not just 2 weeks behind] in 2013, with it's Japanese and US editors hinting if it continues doing well, they may be able to expand it elsewhere.

Still love CBR's site, and read it daily, but can't bring myself to read its forums until this kind of behaviour dies off.