Page 196 of 380 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5686

Nice teamwork. Sure it's not going to do anything but nice teamwork.

And like many have guessed that's not his true form... honestly I am pretty sure the Juubi can break out whenever he wants to but the duo are going to buy time for this.

EDit: Also, there are a lot of ninja with bloodlines. Way more than I imagined.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-05-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    As for Itachi's plan for Sasuke. It was two-fold. He wanted Sasuke to live in peace in Konoha hence why he didn't run off with him and hence why he threatened Danzo and asked Sarutobi to look after him. At the same time, Itachi knew that Danzo doesn't relent. So he also needed to ensure Sasuke was capable of defending himself when Danzo finally decided to kill Sasuke once and for all which didn't Danzo assign Sai to Team Kakashi for that very reason? Look like I said, Itachi's plan sucked but the dude was dealing with Danzo, a guy Sarutobi showed no inclination of being able to keep in check. So again, I will ask simply, give me an alternative that has details of what Itachi should have done.
    I'm pretty sure that no point does Itachi's plan involve Sasuke defending himself against Danzou. The only part of the plan that involved Danzou was Itachi daring him to try anything. Itachi wanted Sasuke to get strong so that it would actually seem plausible that he'd win an epic fight between the two of them, Itachi and Sasuke that is. To Itachi Danzou was pretty much the same as Orochimaru. Some annoying little person that he might possibly have to deal with to make the plan work. Turns out he wasn't.

As for an alternative plan. I'm not going to bother with details because I'm not invested in this enough for that. But here goes.
    1. Make Sasuke hate somebody from outside the village, like Orochimaru or some other missing-nin, should be easy enough with Itachi's horribly advanced genjutsu (he probably even make it so that Orochimaru thought he did it). That way Itachi doesn't have to leave the village and can supervise both Sasuke's training and security in person and Sasuke doesn't become a threat to the village.

2. Put him on a path that doesn't push him away from the village. Make him follow the path of friendship and shit to get strong and then fight him in a big ass duel that with witnesses that makes Sasuke look more like a hero, possibly even saving Sakura or something like that. Keeps Sasuke loyal to the village and less inclined to go bonkersly mad since the bonds that he's made are actually real. Might've been tricky to plan this out from the start but he could've altered the plan once he saw how friendly he and Naruto are.

3. If you're just going to brainwash the guy in the end why not just do it from the get go. Save yourself a bunch of trouble.

There's problems with all of these I'm sure. But that's why I came up with at the top of my head.

The biggest sensation I got was this.

*cue asskicking*

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    SO HOW 'BOUT THAT NEW CHAPTER?!

spoilers:
    Shinobi Alliance does some good teamwork, Madara has an outright stated weakness and the Jyuubi is about to go super sayain.
    end of spoilers

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?!
    It was an impressive display of teamwork but it seems like it will just end up being chapter filler because it seems the Jyuubi will not be really affected by it. I am reminded of that saying "full of sound and fury but signifying nothing." Let's hope I am mistaken and they actually prove vital to the eventual victory.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-05-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

That was actually a good chapter, I'm kinda surprised that the Alliance is doing something, although next chapter I have a feeling that they are all going to get curb-stomped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Nah, I tried to show you why it was pointless when it started, and had hoped that we could still settle it outside of subjective ground, but it unfortunately got to the point anyway.
    The only fact (ie objective truth) is Itachi murdered his clan. Everything else is just us discussing our subjective opinions. In fact you were the one that specifically challenged me to come up with a boring and pointless story of how Danzo could defeat the Uchiha without Itachi. And you then continued to debate the efficacy of said boring and pointless story.

So forgive me but I don't think you really have a problem debating boring and pointless stories so long as it is not your opinion being critiqued. You only seem to have a problem when asked to articulate, defend and subject your boring and pointless story to scrutiny. Perfectly fine if you do but let's call a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that no point does Itachi's plan involve Sasuke defending himself against Danzou. The only part of the plan that involved Danzou was Itachi daring him to try anything. Itachi wanted Sasuke to get strong so that it would actually seem plausible that he'd win an epic fight between the two of them, Itachi and Sasuke that is. To Itachi Danzou was pretty much the same as Orochimaru. Some annoying little person that he might possibly have to deal with to make the plan work. Turns out he wasn't.

As for an alternative plan. I'm not going to bother with details because I'm not invested in this enough for that. But here goes.
    1. Make Sasuke hate somebody from outside the village, like Orochimaru or some other missing-nin, should be easy enough with Itachi's horribly advanced genjutsu (he probably even make it so that Orochimaru thought he did it). That way Itachi doesn't have to leave the village and can supervise both Sasuke's training and security in person and Sasuke doesn't become a threat to the village.

2. Put him on a path that doesn't push him away from the village. Make him follow the path of friendship and shit to get strong and then fight him in a big ass duel that with witnesses that makes Sasuke look more like a hero, possibly even saving Sakura or something like that. Keeps Sasuke loyal to the village and less inclined to go bonkersly mad since the bonds that he's made are actually real. Might've been tricky to plan this out from the start but he could've altered the plan once he saw how friendly he and Naruto are.

3. If you're just going to brainwash the guy in the end why not just do it from the get go. Save yourself a bunch of trouble.

There's problems with all of these I'm sure. But that's why I came up with at the top of my head.
    I think Itachi only mind raped Sasuke because he felt Sasuke wasn't advanced enough. If he Sasuke was both happy and well advanced to Itachi's liking then he probably walks away. As for your alternatives, I will only say this. The problem from the start was Obito. He was there and knew what happened and Itachi did not trust him enough to think he would never tell or be a threat to Sasuke. That is precisely why he planted the trap for Obito. In addition, he knows that Akatsuki will eventually be a threat and there is always Danzo. Furthermore, at this point he is also dying or his body is breaking down from the MS so he will not be around to protect Sasuke forever.

So I am not saying your alternatives are not possible or maybe wouldn't have perhaps been more humane for a short time. I just think at some point Obito convinces Sasuke of the truth and now he is even more screwed up because he hates the village and the douchebag brother that massacred his family and then lied to him about it for years.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Settled via PM.

Also clean your space.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-05-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Quick question, is Captain Yamato dead or still prisoner of Kabutomaru?

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

It'd be funny if Naruto and co. "wins" by impressing Madara just enough that he calls off the whole plan, seals the Juubi, groin punches an enraged Obito, and leaves.

Madara: "I guess this generation of shinobi sucks a little bit less than I thought. Let's just forget this and move on, ay?
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    It'd be funny if Naruto and co. "wins" by impressing Madara just enough that he calls off the whole plan, seals the Juubi, groin punches an enraged Obito, and leaves.

Madara: "I guess this generation of shinobi sucks a little bit less than I thought. Let's just forget this and move on, ay?
    Please don't give Kishi any ideas because given his love of Madara, he just might do it. Of course, he would probably pawn the whole Shinobi alliance first and then right before Obito is going to complete the plan, he says you know what if we do this then I won't have anybody to oppose me and thus no one to impress. He then stops it and decides he will come back during the next cycle/generation to repeat the process all over again ala the Reapers in Mass Effect, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sneak View Post
    ... I had completely forgotten about the guy.

He should still be alive. He's too important to just kill off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    The biggest sensation I got was this.

*cue asskicking*

Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a weakness. It's more that he doesn't have anything to completely nullify physical attacks, and see how that worked out for Tsunade.

Cool chapter but I wasn't ever convinced that the alliance were doing anything since the bad guys were just standing around.
    Yeah. Madara didn't even seem mildly inconvenienced by this, and more like he was curious about what they were planning. Cause remember, if he wanted to, he could have easily done something to stop them instead of standing still and letting them do their moves.

It'll probably turn out that he allowed them to do all this merely to show them that they're completely powerless against him and his pet Juubi, cause that seems like the kind of dick move Madara would do. As for his 'weakness', I seem to remember Tsunade and Ei trying to exploit that 'weakness', and they ended up getting curbstomped offscreen by Madara along with the rest of the Kage.

But seriously, it feels like he's spent this entire fight, much like the fight with the five kage, giving the bare minimum of effort required.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

So I am torn on these filler episodes.

On one hand, the animation is great. Excellent even.

On other hand.... where was this animation budget in all the cool scenes from the manga!!!

Seriously this is not freaking rocket science here. It only makes sense to put your animation budget on animating cool manga scenes and important manga moments. That's where you put your budget and make sure an animation studio that's going to do a decent job takes care of it.

Yet most cool moments in Naruto get some seriously... I don't want to say bad, but damn it they could do a way better job at times. Many of Naruto's fights. Gai and Kisame. It's just so... disappointing really.

Yet here I get KN4 punching Sakura to the other end of the street and it looks great.

This is why I'll always like the Bleach anime better than the Naruto one, despite me loving Naruto way more than Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sneak View Post
    He currently occupies the same Schrödinger's space between life and death as Kira does in Bleach.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck