Page 184 of 379 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5684
  1. #2746
    Lest We Forget The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In the darkest regions of my mind
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    The Shinobi Army supplies two vital things right now.

    One they are visibly shaking Tobito's resolve. Putting doubts in bad guys always has a pay off eventually. I'm thinking that it might pull a Thanos on him and he'll create the infinite tsukyomi only for his version to be a version without his version thus undoing his version all together. And then he'll crush on Lady Death.

    Second they are a wide scale distraction to allow Kurama the time he mentioned needing to recharge his batteries.

    Not sure why so many people aren't giving genre conventions more credit here.
    Because Madara.

    He's not shaken at all. Cause when you casually wipe out five of the strongest shinobi in the world, and are currently standing atop the monster to end all monsters, a monster who knocks away mountain-wrecking attack like a mote of dust, you aren't shaken.

    Not to mention the guy can - and has - wiped out massive groups of shinobi as his 'I'm here' move... Yeah. I honestly give them about, oh, 5 seconds before he wipes them out. Less if he has Juubi blast them.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

    - C.S. Lewis

    Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

  2. #2747
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Because Madara.

    He's not shaken at all. Cause when you casually wipe out five of the strongest shinobi in the world, and are currently standing atop the monster to end all monsters, a monster who knocks away mountain-wrecking attack like a mote of dust, you aren't shaken.
    But this isn't about long term storyline payouts on Madman, it's about payouts on Tobi. Dun Dun DUUNNNNN.

    Not to mention the guy can - and has - wiped out massive groups of shinobi as his 'I'm here' move... Yeah. I honestly give them about, oh, 5 seconds before he wipes them out
    Oh, so you admit......
    >.>
    <,<
    distraction
    Less if he has Juubi blast them.
    Less, less is still something. Something is still

    ^.^ practically nothing. You got me on the point about a big ass bijuubeam.

    So it's down to, from my plot centric mindset, Madman's desire to show off versus his desire to not waste time.

    Yup, too big a crowd, they are gonna get brickfaced messed up.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  3. #2748
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,759

    Default

    They've got about 40.000 people in this army. I'm certain that they'll be able to dish out some effective counter-strategies to whatever Madara throws at them.

    And when he finally starts over-powering them then the kages will probably appear, or at least four of them as I'm not certain that Tsunade's going to make it, and get a chance to redeem their failure, probably along with Kurama getting the required energy to do something (I do like how Kurama was all- "I need to rest up now. You guys just survive against the thing that we've been compeltely unable to do anything against so far until I'm well and ready."). Then they pool their resources together and beat the fuck out of Madara, possibly with some help from Obito, we'll see how that turns out.

    You wanna know how I know this? Because Madara isn't the big bad of the series. He's just the big bad of this arc.

    Sasuke's the real big bad in a more personal kind of way.

    They're going to kick Madara's ass and then Naruto will move onto dealing with that one problem he still needs to fix before the series is over.

  4. #2749
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Cause when you casually wipe out five of the strongest shinobi in the world,
    You know. To be fair, he didn't actually curbstomp them until after they had used up most of their stamina while Madara was fresh as a daisy, because you know zombie. I mean yeah, he wasn't going all out on them during most of the fight but he was actually trying to kill them and they succesfully countered his every ante up until they had him so cornered that he needed to pull out the giant demon-samurai chakra-mecha to save his own ass.

    Then he curbstomped them.

    I'm looking forward to Madara getting his ass kicked. Hopefully he'll cry.

  5. #2750
    Transformers Animated fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Despite the incredible power of the Juubi, the appearance of the alliance army makes things seem more balance. A single ninja may seem like a miniscule threat to Madara, but the combined firepower of an entire army could even things out. And a lot of these ninjas seem to be powerful in their own right. There's also no telling how a combination of different tecniques and attacks could tip the scales of this battle.

    As for the special technique that Naruto is talking about, I think it might be some secret technique that he learned from Jiraiya which he is only applying now.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

  6. #2751
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    As for the special technique that Naruto is talking about, I think it might be some secret technique that he learned from Jiraiya which he is only applying now.
    Second translation reveals that he's talking about the unified ninja world as a jutsu.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  7. #2752
    Senior Member Sheldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Confused. Did Ino use a jutsu that made the Juubi miss Naruto & company?

  8. #2753
    Senior Member Randy Mandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Confused. Did Ino use a jutsu that made the Juubi miss Naruto & company?
    Madara and Obito are linked to the Ten Tails by umbilicals, which they use to control the creature.

    That look and seem to work the same as the connections to the Gedo Mazo that Madara used to get chakra to sustain his body.

    Ino used her body control jutsu from extremely long-range, which presumably is the help that Hinata was giving her, and managed to control Obito for all of two seconds.

    However, before Obito broke her jutsu, she managed to make the Ten Tails fire in the wrong direction.

  9. #2754
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    It was a combination of her technique and the byakugan reinforcing it to make some sorta genjutsu / aim throw off ability.

    It looked to me like she made him see them 20 yards from where they really where.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  10. #2755
    Senior Member Sheldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Madara and Obito are linked to the Ten Tails by umbilicals, which they use to control the creature.

    That look and seem to work the same as the connections to the Gedo Mazo that Madara used to get chakra to sustain his body.

    Ino used her body control jutsu from extremely long-range, which presumably is the help that Hinata was giving her, and managed to control Obito for all of two seconds.

    However, before Obito broke her jutsu, she managed to make the Ten Tails fire in the wrong direction.
    Thanks, I don't know if I'm just getting old, but I've been finding it hard to follow these fights lately.

  11. #2756
    Lest We Forget The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In the darkest regions of my mind
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    But this isn't about long term storyline payouts on Madman, it's about payouts on Tobi. Dun Dun DUUNNNNN.
    But the problem is that Madman's there. And I doubt he's going to say 'welp, I lose' if something happens to Tobi. He probably not only knows the Infinite Tsukiyomi, but is far better at using it than Obito.

    Oh, so you admit......
    >.>
    <,<
    distraction

    Less, less is still something. Something is still

    ^.^ practically nothing. You got me on the point about a big ass bijuubeam.

    So it's down to, from my plot centric mindset, Madman's desire to show off versus his desire to not waste time.

    Yup, too big a crowd, they are gonna get brickfaced messed up.
    And... Then what?

    So Kyuubi and Hachibi rest up... How exactly is that going to change anything? They weren't doing all that well before, and I doubt it's going to change... Well, unless Kyuubi's been keeping a secret super-move hidden up his nine-tailed backside in case he had to go up against something like the Juubi.
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

    - C.S. Lewis

    Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

  12. #2757
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,561

    Default

    My thoughts on this:

    Madara's a show off.

    This has been repeatedly shown through the course of the manga. Obito even called him out on it

    (Sidenote: Reading the chapter script for that particular chapter, Madara's reply comes off as less 'Nah, I'm not a child' and more as 'The child is the one that can't take things easy and wants to rush through the plan (Tobi)'.)

    Speaking of Tobi, he does want to rush things. He's the one that's all 'Yeah, screw you. Giant blast to the face!'

    However, Obito just took a big hit psychologically and Madara is the leader of the duo. Chances are they are not going to one shot them. Madara to show off. Obito to prove a point, Anti Spiral Style.

    As for how that changes things, the other tailed beasts did something. They may have given him something, and that may pay off the next time he goes Kyuubi Mode.

    Edit:


    I just notice just now, but Naruto never once dropped his hand seal, add in the fact that his clone was in Sage Mode and...

    Yeah, he was so waiting for the moment to say Ninja Alliance no Jutsu,
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-29-2012 at 11:49 AM.

  13. #2758
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga.
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    But the problem is that Madman's there. And I doubt he's going to say 'welp, I lose' if something happens to Tobi. He probably not only knows the Infinite Tsukiyomi, but is far better at using it than Obito.
    And... Then what?
    So Kyuubi and Hachibi rest up... How exactly is that going to change anything? They weren't doing all that well before, and I doubt it's going to change... Well, unless Kyuubi's been keeping a secret super-move hidden up his nine-tailed backside in case he had to go up against something like the Juubi.
    So....team distraction is useless....

    What about Tobito and Madman both saying they need time to set up the infinite tsukyomi?
    Doesn't that mean that every little bit of distraction the team puts out means another few seconds of NOT losing the war?

    What about Tobito and Madman both noting they have an incomplete and not fully empowered 10 tails?
    Doesn't that mean that every little bit of damage they do *might* have enough of a cumulative effect to hurt the beast? Chinese water torture, death of a thousand cuts, that sorta thing.
    I can realistically say I see them doing far better than expected because of how together everyone achieves more.

    So.

    What do they gain from fighting for another 5 seconds.

    Well I don't know about you, but I think they gain about 5 seconds worth of fighting. When you are tooth and nail digging for each moment and every inch then you are damn right I would at least try.
    I never watched Babylon 5, but I do know that one alien made a speech about how awe inspiring it was that man would continue to fight no matter how guaranteed defeat was.

    If you can't appreciate that last stand valor........and don't say "well it won't do anything because they still lose."

    Because all that does is make it seem like when the going gets tough, the dog gets going.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

    Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

  14. #2759
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    My thoughts on this:

    Madara's a show off.

    This has been repeatedly shown through the course of the manga. Obito even called him out on it

    (Sidenote: Reading the chapter script for that particular chapter, Madara's reply comes off as less 'Nah, I'm not a child' and more as 'The child is the one that can't take things easy and wants to rush through the plan (Tobi)'.)

    Speaking of Tobi, he does want to rush things. He's the one that's all 'Yeah, screw you. Giant blast to the face!'

    However, Obito just took a big hit psychologically and Madara is the leader of the duo. Chances are they are not going to one shot them. Madara to show off. Obito to prove a point, Anti Spiral Style.

    As for how that changes things, the other tailed beasts did something. They may have given him something, and that may pay off the next time he goes Kyuubi Mode.

    Edit:


    I just notice just now, but Naruto never once dropped his hand seal, add in the fact that his clone was in Sage Mode and...

    Yeah, he was so waiting for the moment to say Ninja Alliance no Jutsu,
    Or maybe he'll finally going to Kyuubi Sage on his ass.

    Unlikely, but I can wish.

  15. #2760
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,158

    Default

    I am guessing Obito will have a change of heart and end up opposing Madara along with everyone else. In doing so, he will probably reveal to Kakashi and Naruto some trick to help defeat Madara thus making it more believable that Madara is defeated becaue Obito has some intimate knowledge of who Madara is and how the Edo Tensei works and can be countered.

    The simple fact is Obito is more disillusioned with the world rather than downright evil which makes some form of redemption for him likely which typically involves a character sacrificing themselves in some way ala Nagato.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-29-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

    "Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •