Page 183 of 379 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5684

nice too see the army has finally arrived. But they need more, the Kages need to get back in the fight. Naruto needs to summon all the Toads including The Great Toad Sage and hope he remembers how to fight. oh and maybe someone should summon that giant turtle island, as it the only thing that is as big as the ten tails.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

You know how I was all optimistic and stuff during the Kages/Madara battle.

I prefered being that to being grumpy as I am now.

So... *deep breath*

GO Ninja Alliance! Kick their stupid, smug, shit-talking asses! That includes the cyclopian blob whom I'm not sure has an ass!

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I do too. Considering the fact that Hachibi's point-blank bijuudama that ended the last chapter was not only useless, but casually turned back against him this chapter, I have a feeling they'll end up making things worse.
    If just two of them can divert the Juubi's attack, then I'm pretty sure the rest combined can give that thing a hard time.
    Last edited by nervmeister; 11-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That includes the cyclopian blob whom I'm not sure has an ass!
    Much like the Zetsu we can safely assume the Juubi is a superior species.

Thus it does not need to poop.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Much like the Zetsu we can safely assume the Juubi is a superior species.

Thus it does not need to poop.
    Pooping: USELESS.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Pooping: USELESS.
    True point of the Infinite Tsukuyomi: Create a world where nobody needs to poop.

Behold the alternates:

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Removed it for you. You have to go into "Edit - Go Advanced - Manage Attachment" and then click on the x in the corner of the picture in the bottom bar.
    Thank you kindly.

She took over Tobi and made the Ten Tails misfire.
    Huh. I might have to take Tobi off that list of worthy antagonists then... getting mind-hacked by a blonde. Come to think of it, getting beaten up by a blond in the first place. Seriously, what happened to non-complicated genjutsu? Now that Naruto's out of power, Madara and Tobi need to just blast the whole alliance with genjutsu. They're standing on top of a giant monster ruled by genjutsu with the plan to throw the world into an illusion to begin with. Stall the Alliance with a wide-range Tsukuyomi.

Putting people in regular genjutsu is not easy because there are, well, people to break it out. Mass genjutsu has so far only worked on people that weren't that good (or even ninja) to begin with, like at the Chuunin Exams.
    Touche.

Assuming they did, is there any(important main character) in the Alliance who specializes in breaking Sharingan-based genjutsu? I remember Kurenai getting outfoxed by Itachi... and we don't know what Madara's capable of with genjutsu, but we know the main element of a Sharingan is having talent for genjutsu. That says Madara found no reason or time to use it, I'd say he at least has the latter at the moment. His techniques have constantly been shown on a higher level than any other Uchiha in the series, with the exception of Genjutsu (so far; although, symbolically, "Infinite Tsukuyomi" - the ultimate genjutsu - was his idea). He's already ridiciulously powerful, so if he even needs to use his genjutsu, it's a last-resort measure that's probably just as ridiculously game-breaking as his Susano'o is. The only person off the top of my head who stands a chance against Sharingan-based genjutsu is Kakashi, and he was KO'd by Itachi before.

The scale of Infinite Tsukuyomi is world-wide. That's a lot more distance than maybe a few miles and a ninja army standing together in a hilly area. Yeah, it's still unlikely for such a wide-spread genjutsu to exist. But if there were a better candidate for a wide-spread genjutsu, Madara wouldn't exist. I mean, Itachi pulled Izanami out of nowhere. Brokedara deserves a freebie!

Assuming they don't, they're still on top of a giant genjutsu-controlled (I think; why else would the Juubi let them ride it, or does it just not see them? XD) beast where everyone is looking at them. Naruto's not going to fight the Juubi on foot, he'll go for Madara and Obito. If by some miracle he, or anyone else gets there, just imagine: Tsukuyomi to the face. Madara's so arrogant he'll probably let Tobi backhand anyone that comes close, but still, genjutsu spam could work here.
    Last edited by Kamina; 11-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    If just two of them can divert the Juubi's attack, then I'm pretty sure the rest combined can give that thing a hard time.
    That was pretty much a sneak attack before Madara and Obito knew they were there, and was only good for 2 seconds. Now Obito and Madara know they're there, and considering that Madara opens fights with large groups by casually dropping giant meteors on them as well as pretty much sleepwalk through a fight with the five Kage...

Yeah, they're going to be useless.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Madara and Tobi need to just blast the whole alliance with genjutsu. They're standing on top of a giant monster ruled by genjutsu with the plan to throw the world into an illusion to begin with. Stall the Alliance with a wide-range Tsukuyomi.
    They are already prepping The whole Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Putting people in regular genjutsu is not easy because there are, well, people to break it out. Mass genjutsu has so far only worked on people that weren't that good (or even ninja) to begin with, like at the Chuunin Exams.

If they could put a few ten thousand ninja in a mass illusion just like that, they wouldn't be doing this whole plan to begin with.

Madara: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu? That will only multiply your incompetence!

Burn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok. This is more to my liking.

Now they just have to actually be effective and hopefully not all end up as hostages or something for Naruto to save.
    Just going by the context, I predict they will do okay. They won't be able to beat the Juubi but they will keep it busy until Kurama can regenerate enough chakra for Naruto to do something awesome.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-29-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Those poor fools.

They've given Madara a crowd in front of which to show off. Now he's definitely going to use his biggest attacks.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Those poor fools.

They've given Madara a crowd in front of which to show off. Now he's definitely going to use his biggest attacks.
    Oh God, I didn't think about that!

The man's an egotist, and giving him a massive crowd will only make him use all of his really devastating, showy attacks. When up against a large crowd, he dropped a pair of massive meteors on them. But when against five people he did the barest minimum in the fight, and seemed more interested in talking smack to his opponents than actually fighting.

Now that he's got an audience consisting of the entire shinobi army...

Those poor, poor souls. I don't even want to think about what he's going to do... Probably something involving more massive meteors, a group of moku bunshin using their Susanoo while he creates a brand new forest. Which he promptly destroys spectacularly. And that's before he gets serious.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Senior Member HollowKyubi Espada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Oh God, I didn't think about that!

The man's an egotist, and giving him a massive crowd will only make him use all of his really devastating, showy attacks. When up against a large crowd, he dropped a pair of massive meteors on them. But when against five people he did the barest minimum in the fight, and seemed more interested in talking smack to his opponents than actually fighting.

Now that he's got an audience consisting of the entire shinobi army...

Those poor, poor souls. I don't even want to think about what he's going to do... Probably something involving more massive meteors, a group of moku bunshin using their Susanoo while he creates a brand new forest. Which he promptly destroys spectacularly. And that's before he gets serious.
    It's amusing really since Madara is basically fanfic-Naruto with some fanfic-Sasuke thrown in, I wouldn't be surprised if thats where Kishimoto got the inspiration for Madara's character from.

Anywho, this would be a good time for someone to know Minato's portal/teleport technique that he used against the Kyubi since obviously the Hachibi and Kyubi's Biju Dama aren't gonna cut it, and the biggest hitter here is the damn Juubi to begin with so use it against itself.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

The Shinobi Army supplies two vital things right now.

One they are visibly shaking Tobito's resolve. Putting doubts in bad guys always has a pay off eventually. I'm thinking that it might pull a Thanos on him and he'll create the infinite tsukyomi only for his version to be a version without his version thus undoing his version all together. And then he'll crush on Lady Death.

Second they are a wide scale distraction to allow Kurama the time he mentioned needing to recharge his batteries.

Not sure why so many people aren't giving genre conventions more credit here.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.