Page 178 of 380 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5686
    Transformers Animated fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Which is fine and fun, it's good to have opposing views. Hell I'm hated and loved at the same time in classes because I'm the first person to stand up and tell the teacher they are wrong.

And the thing about perceptions....one person can watch a guy punch a baby and it's hilarious while the guy next to him finds it's morally wrong.

Well of course I'm brushing your opinions aside. I do find them interesting, thought provoking and fun to debate.
    Doesn't change the fact that I think you are wrong.
    I would say the same.

Well, when you are saying "this is poorly developed" and the like that means you don't like the writing. I'm just taking what I'm given and putting them together to make it "poor writing."
    So you seem to be making up statements that I've made. And if I did make those exact words I 'supposedly' stated, you're saying that 'poor' as in lacking in development or needs more development equates to bad writing in general?

See, you keep on asking for more. What's wrong with what we've been given?
    Does asking for more equate to 'something being wrong' with what was given. I want more because I would enjoy it more.

Entire chapters of flashback has been devoted to this and some readers can get a lot out of what has been given. Others want more and when my side tries to work with what we've been given and we're met with "i need more" then it gets hard to argue because we're working with what is known and you're working with what you want to know.
    I stated from the get go that 'I wanted more'. It's you that insisted with the discussion, I was only responding to you quoting me. If you had difficulty with that then why did you insist on it?

And I'm not just saying that to you, Obito is a big source of disdain for a lot of readers it's just that right now for the purposes of this discussion you are a figurehead.
    So in our discussion your lumping people in a group and you choose our 'discussion' to reference what they want and said? No wonder you suddenly rushed in and started spouting explanations/points of views and trying to push it at me as the most valid truth there is.

It doesn't ring to me as an actual discussion between two people though. A bit more like a monologue.

Patron at a place: This soup is terrible! You go back there, you make it my way!

Reader of a manga: This story is terrible! You go back there, you make it my way!
    By your logic, when I ask for extra cheese or anchovies in a Pizza, that means the pizza is terrible. If I say I want ketchup on my cheeseburger, the cheeseburger is terrible. I don't see that as correct.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 11-17-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    I would say the same.
    So it's decided then. Harumph's for all.

So you seem to be making up statements that I've made. And if I did make those exact words I 'supposedly' stated, you're saying that 'poor' as in lacking in development or needs more development equates to bad writing in general?
    I just got done with a healthy talk with Arp right before this, if I'm accidentally mincing some words my bad.

Does asking for more equate to 'something being wrong' with what was given. I want more because I would enjoy it more.
    I'll admit I was coming from the standpoint that if there was nothing wrong with it then it would be enough and since it's not enough then something is wrong with it.

I stated from the get go that 'I wanted more'. It's you that insisted with the discussion, I was only responding to you quoting me. If you had difficulty with that then why did you insist on it?
    Uh, because this is fun? Hey man you talked back as well >.<

So in our discussion your lumping people in a group and you choose our 'discussion' to reference what they want and said? No wonder you suddenly rushed in and started spouting explanations/points of views and trying to push it at me as the most valid truth there is.
    If you don't believe what believe to be the most valid thing to believe then what do you believe in? Life after love?

It doesn't ring to me as an actual discussion between two people though. A bit more like a monologue.
    I frequent forums for fun, I like anime forums. On them I've seen more than one person that wasn't happy with Obito's fall, that couldn't understand why he fell, that ,to pardon a phrase, wanted more.

All I pretty much meant was that I'm discussing this with you personally right now, and not taking it to them individually. Because honestly they aren't as fun as the posters around here.

By your logic, when I ask for extra cheese or anchovies in a Pizza, that means the pizza is terrible. If I say I want ketchup on my cheeseburger, the cheeseburger is terrible. I don't see that as correct.
    I have seen someone order a dish a very specific way, get it, then send it right back asking for it to be remade, only better.

Some people are assholes like that and in their head that particular line of reasoning makes sense. I don't get it, but it's out there.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Transformers Animated fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post

Uh, because this is fun? Hey man you talked back as well >.<
    Okay. I see nothing wrong with that.

If you don't believe what believe to be the most valid thing to believe then what do you believe in? Life after love?
    I think I'm more or less trying to figure that out. The beauty that I see in relationships is the raw emotion, I think love shouldn't just be thought of, it should be felt. I doubt I have concrete notions on how an emotional person should react in this case. Except I'm curious as to what it feels like.

I enjoyed it when Shinji Ikari almost ended the world when he tried to save Rei in the most recent Evangelion Rebuild; the same thing happened when I saw a little vampire rip the heads off of several child bullies to save a friend in a film. In a story I don't have any qualms believing that a person would end the world depending on what he feels. But I sure hope to partake in those feelings.

Despite all the logic and reasoning in the world, I still see emotions as the true spark of action and inspiration. And that's why at times I like to focus on it.

I frequent forums for fun, I like anime forums. On them I've seen more than one person that wasn't happy with Obito's fall, that couldn't understand why he fell, that ,to pardon a phrase, wanted more.

All I pretty much meant was that I'm discussing this with you personally right now, and not taking it to them individually. Because honestly they aren't as fun as the posters around here.
    I think that's a nice thing to say.

I have seen someone order a dish a very specific way, get it, then send it right back asking for it to be remade, only better.

Some people are assholes like that and in their head that particular line of reasoning makes sense. I don't get it, but it's out there.
    I doubt I've gone to those restaurants or met those people.
    Last edited by flashdisk; 11-18-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Early chapter this week.

Excellent bit of strategy this week.

Well played team.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I should be enjoying this more than I am.

The Juubi is uglier than I thought it would be. It certainly seems bulkier than the shilouette we've seen before.

Sneak attack with a giant octopus bull. Who would have thought?

Also, the exchange between Madara and Obito was pretty funny.

"Let's start the plan."

"Nah, let's go and fight some more. It'll be fun."

Sidenote: Juubi can use a 'beam' variant of the Bijuu bomb which only Kurama could do previously (Unless you count Hachibi's wide angle shot).
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-20-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I should be enjoying this more than I am. The Juubi is uglier than I thought it would be. It certainly seems bulkier than the silhouette we've seen before.
    I like the bulkier monstrous appearance. The sleek design fits Kurama more since he's a fox, but for the "ultimate tailed beast" it's kind of fitting to have this massive, spiky demon; it's not a muscular god, it's a monstrous beast.

And it just sucker-punched Kurama. Which was awesome.
    Last edited by Kamina; 11-20-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    And it just sucker-punched Kurama. Which was awesome.
    It sucker punched Kurama starting from at least a kilometer away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It sucker punched Kurama starting from at least a kilometer away.
    Well, I took this as a sucker punch.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

So, did Kakashi Kamui the Tentacle?

I wonder if that's going to be important next chapter. Like they're going to wait for Obito to phase and the Tentacle produces a Killer Bee Clone on the other side to attack him or something.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    Well, I took this as a sucker punch.

You know I just noticed thanks to your picture but the damn thing actually punched Kurama while Kurama was charging at him.

Damn, it's fast.

Good chapter, I like the design for the Ten-Tails. This chapter has good action but its kind of confusing and I still don't get why Naruto in Bijuu mode looks weird.

Can't wait to see this animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So, did Kakashi Kamui the Tentacle?

I wonder if that's going to be important next chapter. Like they're going to wait for Obito to phase and the Tentacle produces a Killer Bee Clone on the other side to attack him or something.
    Yeah, he apparently Kamuied the tentacle then spat it at the Juubi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah, he apparently Kamuied the tentacle then spat it at the Juubi.
    Unfortunately, the awesomeness of the scene is somewhat negated by the fact that it's going to end up being completely ineffective.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Unfortunately, the awesomeness of the scene is somewhat negated by the fact that it's going to end up being completely ineffective.
    Oh it will be ineffective, no doubt.

Still, dropping a bijuu on anyone is awesome no matter what.

Got to say I really like the tactics the main characters have been using in this fight.