Page 159 of 380 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5686
    About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

hhhheeeeeyyyyyyyy. So this apparently happened.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elevision.html

The boy was reportedly devastated after seeing the death of the character Itachi Uchiha in the animated movie 'Naruto - Hurricane Chronicle'. So he took a 100 foot leap in response.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post

The boy was reportedly devastated after seeing the death of the character Itachi Uchiha in the animated movie 'Naruto - Hurricane Chronicle'. So he took a 100 foot leap in response.

Yep. An already tragic occurrence made all the more tragic by the fact that it only happened because someone became too absorbed into something fictional. The father was actually quoted as saying something like "I always told him he watched too much television. He didn't know what was real anymore," something to that effect.

The fact that he would have gotten to see Itachi again, and with a more positive good-bye, but he didn't know this just makes me even more sad.
    Last edited by Robotech Master; 11-02-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Dafuq?!

Senior Member HollowKyubi Espada's Avatar

Not really surprising since their has been death over Naruto related things in real life. I mean a few years ago didn't a teen die fro
    Imitating Gaara?

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by HollowKyubi Espada View Post
    Not really surprising since their has been death over Naruto related things in real life. I mean a few years ago didn't a teen die fro
    Imitating Gaara?
    Different context though; that was a kid trying to play that he was Gaara and the death was an accident related to sand pits. This was literally someone who took the in-universe death of a fictional character so hard that they decided life wasn't worth living anymore.

Part of me wonders if there was a lot more we don't know about that was making him depressed, and Itachi's death was just one more saddening thing that pushed him past his limit, but that's something we'll probably never know.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Part of me wonders if there was a lot more we don't know about that was making him depressed, and Itachi's death was just one more saddening thing that pushed him past his limit, but that's something we'll probably never know.
    People who do stuff like this almost always have some crucial underlying issues - no healthy person takes fictional stories that seriously. Nobody actually becomes delusional just from watching too many cartoons; no normal person becomes suicidal from the death of a fictional character, same way normal people don't become spree killers from playing too many violent video games. We're looking at a sympton, not the disease. This kid must have been in a very dark place for something like this to become that important to him.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Nobody else except Naruto really had a problem with Raikage going after Sasuke. Some people were sad, sure, but not defensive. Shikamaru theorized that if Sasuke were to be killed by the Cloud, it would mainly be Naruto and Sakura who might retaliate,
    *Bursts out laughing.*
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

In a different world, the nine powerful hosts gather under one banner.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

i believe the proper response is "Like a Boss!"

I have never heard of anything like that happening. Ever. That's crazy. and wow. His poor parents and that poor child.

o

paulo10171, please keep your posts about Naruto in the actual Naruto discussion thread, without also posting it in another thread and making a thread about it.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

You mean three powerful hosts and six cannon fodders.

So, basically it'd be like Itachi, Deidara, and Pein teaming up with six Zetsus.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    You mean three powerful hosts and six cannon fodders.

So, basically it'd be like Itachi, Deidara, and Pein teaming up with six Zetsus.
    Nope. I very much mean what I said. You are just extremely biased. As usual.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dog? Being biased and negative about Naruto?

Surely not.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Biased? How exactly am I biased?

Six of these 'powerful hosts' were taken out off-screen by ninja who these three managed to take out... Well, Roshi was taken by Kisame, so he gets a pass. But the others were taken out by guys like Hidan and Kakuzu. And we're not talking 'Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2' Kakuzu or fanfic Kakuzu, we're talking a Kakuzu who was fooled by the oldest trick in the ninja book and looked genuinely shocked by it.

And it's not just they were defeated. Gaara is one of the three powerful ones, and he was defeated. But it was by Deidara, who, as shown in his Sasuke fight, is a monster in his own right.
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia