Page 73 of 380 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5695

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    Seeing Kabuto just go crazy attacking Orochimaru was the highlight if the chapter. Also nice to get the various cameos, though still have no idea how the timeline is suppose to work.
    Well, assuming Kabuto was around 20 when he first appeared and assuming the whole 'failed 7 times' actually happened, then:

Kabuto is 8 years older than Naruto. Now, I am going to say he is 10 when he joins Root, which makes it 2 years after the Kyuubi attack. So 10 Years before the start of the manga.

Time passes, at this point in the flashback I'd say he is 13-14 years old, so 3-4 years have passed. We are at 7-6 years before the start of the manga.

From this point, he infiltrates Konoha, does some missions, lays low, fails the exam 7 times and that's where we meet him.

The surprising part for me has been that Orochimaru was in the Leaf after the Kyuubi attack. I had suspected it, but it is nice to have confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Ah screw it... this weekend I'm going to solely read Naruto so I can catch up and see what the heck you guys are talking about, haha. Although I do enjoy taking my time. What am I talking about.. I'm not gonna catch up!
    Don't worry about it.... you'll get there when you get there.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

When I got to the final panel on page 13 this went through my head

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto
    .....Why are you grabbing my boob?
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Well, assuming Kabuto was around 20 when he first appeared and assuming the whole 'failed 7 times' actually happened, then:

Kabuto is 8 years older than Naruto. Now, I am going to say he is 10 when he joins Root, which makes it 2 years after the Kyuubi attack. So 10 Years before the start of the manga.

Time passes, at this point in the flashback I'd say he is 13-14 years old, so 3-4 years have passed. We are at 7-6 years before the start of the manga.

From this point, he infiltrates Konoha, does some missions, lays low, fails the exam 7 times and that's where we meet him.

The surprising part for me has been that Orochimaru was in the Leaf after the Kyuubi attack. I had suspected it, but it is nice to have confirmation.
    Don't forget the five years he spent spying around the other villages. Since the Chuunin Exam happens twice a year, that means an additional four years and three years being raised by Nonou. So he would have been around seven when he was fount and that would have been around the year the Kyuubi attacked. That's the place where I'm having trouble at. Orochimaru had to have left before or at least around the Kyuubi attack, since everyone assume he left because Minato was chosen over him. And there's also the matter of everything he did with Orochimaru, Akatsuki, and Konoha being condensed into just four years. I get that Danzo may have been working with him, but I still can't see him simply allowing Kabuto to come and go as he pleased, not as paranoid as he is. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    Orochimaru had to have left before or at least around the Kyuubi attack, since everyone assume he left because Minato was chosen over him. And there's also the matter of everything he did with Orochimaru, Akatsuki, and Konoha being condensed into just four years. I get that Danzo may have been working with him, but I still can't see him simply allowing Kabuto to come and go as he pleased, not as paranoid as he is. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.
    Honestly, if anything this proves Oro was still in the leaf after the Kyuubi attacked and for longer than I thought.

As for Oro trusting Kabuto. He literally has nothing else. He grabbed him in his most vulnerable moment and gave him something. Kabuto has nothing but Oro from that point on, something he pretty much states a few times in the manga.

Edit: Also, everything he did with Oro would be condensed into 6 years according to my timeline. This includes taking the Chuunin exams times and failing. Given his miserable mission record it is likely that he was doing things on the side during his stay in Konoha.

Edit 2: Wait, missed the 5 years thing. That would make it 5 years before the first time we see him, so five years to do all the chuunin exam+Sound stuff.

Edit3: Also, add three more years to spy Akatsuki because they were doing that until Sasori died.
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-29-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Transformers Animated fan

I really liked this chapter. I thought the way the panels with the dripping liquid to signify the time spent with Orochimaru was interesting. And Kabuto's past was quite sad. He really didn't know of any alternative but to serve Orochimaru. Danzo wanted to kill him, he had no friends and family to go back to. Orochimaru was the only one who was willing to protect him and give a form of acceptance.

I'm wondering about that dripping liquid. Does Kabuto have the power of all of Orochimaru's test subjects?
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    I really liked this chapter. I thought the way the panels with the dripping liquid to signify the time spent with Orochimaru was interesting. And Kabuto's past was quite sad. He really didn't know of any alternative but to serve Orochimaru. Danzo wanted to kill him, he had no friends and family to go back to. Orochimaru was the only one who was willing to protect him and give a form of acceptance.

I'm wondering about that dripping liquid. Does Kabuto have the power of all of Orochimaru's test subjects?
    About the part in bold. Knowing Orochimaru, I can't help but be skeptical about that testimony. Bu then again, I wouldn't put it past Danzou to go that far.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Watched Naruto Blood Prison:

Naruto is a damn ninja.

Having a prison for criminals from different villages is kind of a cool idea. Having it be operated by the Grass, not so much. Then again, I guess they are just low enough in the totem pole that the other villages let them. As in 'I am giving you this job, because you're so pathetic there is no way you can use it against me'.

Naruto is still a damn ninja.

The bad guy twist was interesting, and the Box being from the time of the Sage was a nice detail.

Naruto is a damn Sage and fights with a freaking hole in his chest!!!

Animation was pretty cool.

With. A. Giant. Hole. In. His. Chest!!!

The ruse to fool Naruto was kind of unneeded but meh.

Movie needed more Rasen Shuriken.

And the Rasengan weren't big enough.

Still, good movie. Way better than the last one.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I liked the movie too.

The story was engaging and I really enjoyed Mui and Ryuuzetsu as characters.

It was nice that Naruto got to be all ninja-smart and all but the deception really just kind of seemed a bit insulting to the poor guy.

I liked the Gamabunta vs. Muku and everybody vs. Muku action scenes. They were nicely animated and lots of stuff blew up.

A few nitpicks though.

- Shouldn't the clone that was taken instead of Naruto have poofed away when it was knocked out?
    - If Naruto's clothes were searched then where did he get the shuriken and rope from?
    - Naruto should've healed from a wound like that without too much trouble, especially if Sakura Tsunade helped him out with it. spoilers:
    Ryuuzetsu's sacrifice was kind of pointless with that in mind.
    end of spoilers
    - As fun as it was to see all of Naruto's friends jump into action they were fairly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    - Shouldn't the clone that was taken instead of Naruto have poofed away when it was knocked out?
    - If Naruto's clothes were searched then where did he get the shuriken and rope from?
    - Naruto should've healed from a wound like that without too much trouble, especially if Sakura Tsunade helped him out with it. spoilers:
    Ryuuzetsu's sacrifice was kind of pointless with that in mind.
    end of spoilers
    - As fun as it was to see all of Naruto's friends jump into action they were fairly pointless.
    -Clone durability is weird at times. Some Naruto clones have lasted a while and even bled before dispelling, taking some creative licence (like say, so long as it is not enough to seriously wound Naruto the clone will not dispel) on this seems fine by me.
    -NINJA!!!

Agree with the other stuff though. It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was entertaining enough. And after the horrible last movie, this was really needed.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Agree with the other stuff though. It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was entertaining enough. And after the horrible last movie, this was really needed.
    Agreed. It was fun and I found myself really getting into the story. It's probably my second favourite of the Naruto movies I've seen, my favourite being the third Shippuden movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    About the part in bold. Knowing Orochimaru, I can't help but be skeptical about that testimony. Bu then again, I wouldn't put it past Danzou to go that far.
    In fairness, we know Danzo has a record of setting up Root members to fight each other so that the stronger one kills the weaker one. So it's possible that the situation wasn't exactly as Orochimaru presented it and Danzo wasn't trying to kill both of them.

Your Hero's Favorite Hero Jay Dogg's Avatar

I agree with everyone about Blood Prison, but yeah...the whole "everyone in the Leaf being in on the ruse" was weak. Even weaker was the fact that Naruto's reaction was like "Aw, you got me good." Seriously? LOL...you've been thrown in prison, stripped of your chakra, almost died several times, etc. Other than that, it was great and I would rate it behind the one where he had to save Kakashi from sacrificing himself.

I just got caught up with the last three chapters. Kabuto's Dragon sage mode is really cool, and his back story has been interesting and tragic.
    Last edited by Oblivion87; 05-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    A.A.A

A bit too pretty, but I liked the movie. It also makes my think Nazi Germany for some reason.

Not my type of thing, but I like some of the details here. The broken glasses and all that. Oro's face is a bit too much though.