Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR's Top 100 Comics of 2011, #100 - 76

In the first part of our year-end tradition, CBR's staff unleashes a list of the coolest comics of the year including controversial graphic novels, reborn vigilante series, cutting edge horror comics and old favorites reborn.

Full article here.

Grant Morrison's Batman Inc at 95?? That is absolutely appalling considering the unimaginative crap that's been placed ahead of it

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

Punisher places in the Top 100? Its been one of the worst comics I have ever read, and I have all of Liefeld's comics from 90's.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My list numbers...

97- The Punisher : Greg Rucka really has returned the Punisher in the mainstream Marvel Universe. The character thrives just a force who never speaks barely. The rest of the supporting cast are just around his aftermath or on the hunt for him. Rucka has developed Norah Winters and created 2 fun Detectives.

96- Darkwing Duck : I wish I had pulled this beyond the 6-7 issues I did . I agree its one of the best Boom titles out there.

95- Batman Inc : Sadly I think the new 52 hurt the flow of this series. Because it changed a premise in a way , Bruce Wayne is creating Batmen across the globe. Suddenly his 1st hand picked guy as Batman changes back to Nightwing .

85- Hellblazer : Its really good that CBR reconized one of the best books of 2011 and its Peter Milligan's Hellblazer. One of the best reads each month , Constantine married this past year. But life never settled down for him at all.

84- Walking Dead : Its good to see this book continue to rank in the top 100. Of course this past year saw the safe Community not be so safe after all.

82- Frankenstein : Agent of S.H.A.D.E : Perhaps the best of the new DC 52 currently being done. A roll of the dice for DC to go with here. Frankenstein is proof that DC's moving outside the normal usual comics line was a success. The Creature Commando's are back baby and we also see Frankenstein's wife ...ok ex-wife in this.

I really like this list so far.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Hellblazer's inclusion just boggles my mind. I dropped the series (again) shortly after Shade made his unnecessary appearence. I couldn't stand Milligan's take on Constantine's personality, the stories were silly and the humor was off, and the art was attrocious at times; it got really bad when Bisley came onboard.

Bring on the outrage! I love seeing how emotional people get about the placement of their favourite titles on this list each year.

Of the titles listed so far I am reading...

91. Reed Gunther. It is aimed at a young audience and written/drawn by a young team of brothers. It is drawn with energy and the stories are fun for all ages. Gotta love a cowboy whose best friend and steed is a gentle grizzly bear.

77. Sweet Tooth. I love Jeff Lemire's style and am hooked on this weird post-apocalyptic tale.

I'm not much into super heroes so there's not much on the list so far that catches my attention, but I think I will buy...

100. Paying For It. I have only read his historical comic Loius Riel but it impressed the hell out of me so I think I'll give Chester Brown another shot and read this one, even though I think it will make me uncomfortable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Hellblazer's inclusion just boggles my mind. I dropped the series (again) shortly after Shade made his unnecessary appearence. I couldn't stand Milligan's take on Constantine's personality, the stories were silly and the humor was off, and the art was attrocious at times; it got really bad when Bisley came onboard.
    I actually want Bisley to do more art in Hellblazer.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

BANNED

It's chilling to see acclaimed comics like Sweet Tooth and Irredeemable so low on the list. Not because I think they should be higher (I don't take these lists seriously) but because I'm truly interested in seeing which titles place in the upper echelon. All it does is increase my to-read list, something I'm always happy to have happen

Is Camuncoli doing the art again? I also couldn't stand it; it was too superhero-y for the book. Bisley, on the other hand, is the opposite: Vertigo-art-by-the-book, muted colors, sketchy, whatever.

I really wanted to continue to read the series.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I actually want Bisley to do more art in Hellblazer.
    Hell fucking yes!! Same here.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Good to see Punisher in the Top 100 comics of 2011.

Thats a fine series of the Punisher.
    The writing by Rucka in that series is incredible.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Good to see Punisher in the Top 100 comics of 2011.

Thats a fine series of the Punisher.
    The writing by Rucka in that series is incredible.
    Its the 1st mainstream Punisher series where you can say , hey...its a Punisher series and he's kicking ass. And he's not being changed into a Frankenstein monster .

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its the 1st mainstream Punisher series where you can say , hey...its a Punisher series and he's kicking ass. And he's not being changed into a Frankenstein monster .
    Yeah i know the last volume was not very popular.
    But i see the FrankenCastle stories as sort of a homage to the classic Marvel mosters comics of the past.Thus why i hapened to enjoy the last volume of Punisher by Remender.

The Rucka series puts Punisher back in the track though.
    And the stories is really good.
    The cinematic art style of the artist is a plus as well.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

FrankenCastle was crazy fun.
    Rucka's Punisher is good, though.

BANNED

Good see the punshier making it.