Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

I'm putting on my comic book thinking cap on and hears my opinion; I think she is her own person and just happen to have Peter's memory, a past life if you will. She never try to connect Peter's family and friends because she knows Peter have enough trouble as it is. As for her sexuality, it would always depend on the creators (writers and illustrator) and maybe Marvel.

Just read Ultimate Comics: All-new Spider-Man #19, Bendis wrote Jessica was jealous of Miles having a family to back to, maybe some day she can re-enter Peter's family and friends' lives.
    ...Iiii? ...Kotae wa kiitenai!

I never got why Aunt May didnt accept spider-woman. I mean shes got all of Peters memories up to maybe a years worth of her own unique ones.

If my family member died and a girl clone with all his memories showed up, I would love the @#$% out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    I never got why Aunt May didnt accept spider-woman. I mean shes got all of Peters memories up to maybe a years worth of her own unique ones.

If my family member died and a girl clone with all his memories showed up, I would love the @#$% out of them!
    It's not that May didn't accept her, it's that Jessica never reached out for (or wanted) that. They only met very briefly, and May didn't know who she was; she was just confused to be called "Aunt May." I'm sure May would be more than happy to have Jessica move in with her and Gwen.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It's not that May didn't accept her, it's that Jessica never reached out for (or wanted) that. They only met very briefly, and May didn't know who she was; she was just confused to be called "Aunt May." I'm sure May would be more than happy to have Jessica move in with her and Gwen.
    It'd be like "Two Broke Girls" with super-powers. This is why we need an Ultimate Comics: Spider-Woman mini (preferably six issues, not four), STAT.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post

I am pretty sure that she would be accepted by May and Gwen if she actually sat down and reached out to them.

I believe that she could be Bi or just confused.

I'm really throwing this out blindfolded here because I haven't read that far yet, but I'm gonna make an attempt based on what you guys have said. She's physically a female but she has Peter's memories. From what I've read of Peter's relationships with girls(MJ in USM and Gwen in UCSM), he's pretty mature when it comes to romance. He at least appears to be truly emotionally invested in the relationship, as opposed to dating a girl as a means to an end(getting laid), as plenty of high school kids do. For example: Peter was attracted to MJ emotionally and physically. He wanted her because he loved her AND because he wanted to have sex with her. I'm pointing this out because it means that another body with his mind would also have an emotional attachment and romantic feelings, but if Jess is straight, she doesn't have the sexual attraction, but she'd sure as hell be confused about her sexuality if she was having romantic feelings that didn't match up with her sexual desires.
    http://trallis.blogspot.com/
    A blog about high adventure and comic book collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    It'd be like "Two Broke Girls" with super-powers. This is why we need an Ultimate Comics: Spider-Woman mini (preferably six issues, not four), STAT.
    It's nearly a month later and this still has not happened. I mean seriously that would be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin View Post
    It's nearly a month later and this still has not happened. I mean seriously that would be brilliant.
    Maybe if we as the fans bug Marvel enough like make a petition or something, then we can get a mini or ongoing. Or at least more spotlight.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

I just think that right now Jessica is yet to really make any kind of definite decision either way. You can't label her. She's still very much trying to work out who she is, as a person aside from her origins. Yes. She has Peter's memories. And via that memories of strong feelings, some of them sexual, towards the girls in his life. While gentically she IS female that doesn't automatically make her into dudes, but then at the same point she's never really had the opportunity to decide for herself. To have those kind of encounters, and work out what floats her boat.

The memories should not dictate that she likes girls. The biology should not dictate that she likes guys. She may decide, in the end, that she kinda swings both ways, but ultimately she can only come to any kind of conclusion given the time to work that out for herself.

Right now she's still very much coming to terms with 'being Jessica'. Once she starts accepting who Jessica IS then other things will start to fall into place, I'm sure. But those things really will take time.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

I'd love a mini that dealt with Jessica meeting Aunt May

I think she should be attracted to women but not necessarily think of herself as a lesbian as she has Peter's memories so her own idea of gender is probably messed up

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    I think she should be attracted to women but not necessarily think of herself as a lesbian as she has Peter's memories so her own idea of gender is probably messed up
    I think this is a good way to look at it. I mean, lots of girls in general are attracted to other girls but aren't necessarily gay or even bisexual. It's just kind of hardwired into the female gender; they spend so much time and effort making themselves look beautiful it's just natural that they'd notice other girls as well. Having Peter's memories doesn't necessarily force her to be attracted to women but they would certainly cause any natural attraction to other women to be heightened.

So I think at this point it's safe to assume that, especially with all the evidence we have, Jessica is at the very least bisexual. It's probably a little weird for her to look at her own body and see breasts and a vagina rather than a flat chest and a penis. But she was grown as a female and all the natural instincts that come with being a woman are hard coded into her genes so it's not like looking in the mirror freaks her out. She knows who she is and she knows she's a woman and always has been, but there would be some lingering memories in her head that contradict what she sees. However, she has been alive for a while now and is probably passed all that. And I think we, the readers, are supposed to just ignore the fact that she may or may not have any strange feelings or memories associated to her being a clone of Peter. She's a woman with spider-powers. That's all we really need to focus on.

But yes, I think we are way past due for an Ultimate Spider-Woman story.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I think this is a good way to look at it. I mean, lots of girls in general are attracted to other girls but aren't necessarily gay or even bisexual. It's just kind of hardwired into the female gender; they spend so much time and effort making themselves look beautiful it's just natural that they'd notice other girls as well. Having Peter's memories doesn't necessarily force her to be attracted to women but they would certainly cause any natural attraction to other women to be heightened.

So I think at this point it's safe to assume that, especially with all the evidence we have, Jessica is at the very least bisexual. It's probably a little weird for her to look at her own body and see breasts and a vagina rather than a flat chest and a penis. But she was grown as a female and all the natural instincts that come with being a woman are hard coded into her genes so it's not like looking in the mirror freaks her out. She knows who she is and she knows she's a woman and always has been, but there would be some lingering memories in her head that contradict what she sees. However, she has been alive for a while now and is probably passed all that. And I think we, the readers, are supposed to just ignore the fact that she may or may not have any strange feelings or memories associated to her being a clone of Peter. She's a woman with spider-powers. That's all we really need to focus on.

But yes, I think we are way past due for an Ultimate Spider-Woman story.
    Which is so disappointing, because with the right author, this could be a great story arc.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Which is so disappointing, because with the right author, this could be a great story arc.
    I could not agree with you more. There are so many great writers that could tackle this character and make her stories really compelling. If Marvel continues on doing nothing with Jessica then they have officially missed an insanely good opportunity for what could be an amazing book. Marvel wants more books staring women and to have an Ultimate book staring a woman would be a great addition to that goal. If I had my way I would put someone like Matt Fraction, Brian K Vaughn, or Brain Wood to write this book.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate scarlet spider View Post
    I could not agree with you more. There are so many great writers that could tackle this character and make her stories really compelling. If Marvel continues on doing nothing with Jessica then they have officially missed an insanely good opportunity for what could be an amazing book. Marvel wants more books staring women and to have an Ultimate book staring a woman would be a great addition to that goal. If I had my way I would put someone like Matt Fraction, Brian K Vaughn, or Brain Wood to write this book.
    And I second this. I want to see a Johnny Storm / Jessica / MJ love triangle