Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Also, your brain doesn't dictate sexual preference. If it did then homosexuality would be a choice, and that simply isn't the case. I don't choose to be straight. Your body wants what your body wants. The only say your brain has in the matter is whether or not you wanna lie to yourself about what your body wants.
    There is choice...your body, heart and mind may want to...but you don't HAVE to...a person's reason for not listening to their BODY may vary from spiritual to religious reasons...but you don't have to do anything you don't want to and if you do, you're choosing to do it.

As for Jessica, it all makes for an interesting journey in her character.
    "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Thought View Post
    There is choice...your body, heart and mind may want to...but you don't HAVE to...a person's reason for not listening to their BODY may vary from spiritual to religious reasons...but you don't have to do anything you don't want to and if you do, you're choosing to do it.

As for Jessica, it all makes for an interesting journey in her character.
    Just stop it. Holy shit.
    Comics are more better.

Guys the interview Bendis had on marvel.com seems to suggest the thing with Johnny and Jessica really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
    Guys the interview Bendis had on marvel.com seems to suggest the thing with Johnny and Jessica really happened.
    As I assumed it had all along. Unfortunately there are people out there that conveniently ignore it because they A) Don't like to admit when they're wrong, or B) are in denial and love the idea of Jessica being gay JUST for the sexual imagery it brings to their minds. Literally nothing else.

EDIT: Don't even get me started on the people who wish/argue that Peter Parker was gay. There's something to be said about people who go around the internet with "I wish this 15 year old boy was gay" in their browser history...
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

I would laugh if she turned out to be a shemale

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Genetic expression, Enviroment; And to a lesser extent Culture are all factors which affect the development of Gender Identity. The burgeoning science of Epigenetics will most likely provide answers as to why some people express Homosexual traits.

The LGBT portal at Wikipedia is a good source of basic information for those who are interested in knowing a little more about the LGBT community. As always; QATFY- Question Authority, Think For Yourself.

Clones- The process of cloning; Once the purview of science fiction; Is now a real world science. Most people assume that genetically identical equates to physically identical. This belief is false. It is fairly common for a cloned organism to express different physical traits than its donor organism. The clone of a cat with blue eyes and brown fur might have yellow eyes and black fur; Be larger or smaller than its donor. This is another mystery that will most likely explained by Epigenetics.

Sexual response occurs in the brain. When Jessica inherited Peter's memories she also inherited his Learned Responses. The acquired neural pathways in her brain will interpet the sight of an attractive female as cause for sexual excitation exactly as Peter's brain would. Jessica is female; So it is quite possible that she will also be attracted to males.

My guess is that Jessica would most likely be Bisexual; With a statistically smaller possibility that she would be a Lesbian
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 12-18-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    Genetic expression, Enviroment; And to a lesser extent Culture are all factors which affect the development of Gender Identity. The burgeoning science of Epigenetics will most likely provide answers as to why some people express Homosexual traits.

The LGBT portal at Wikipedia is a good source of basic information for those who are interested in knowing a little more about the LGBT community. As always; QATFY- Question Authority, Think For Yourself.

Clones- The process of cloning; Once the purview of science fiction; Is now a real world science. Most people assume that genetically identical equates to physically identical. This belief is false. It is fairly common for a cloned organism to express different physical traits than its donor organism. The clone of a cat with blue eyes and brown fur might have yellow eyes and black fur; Be larger or smaller than its donor. This is another mystery that will most likely explained by Epigenetics.

Sexual response occurs in the brain. When Jessica inherited Peter's memories she also inherited his Learned Responses. The acquired neural pathways in her brain will interpet the sight of an attractive female as cause for sexual excitation exactly as Peter's brain would. Jessica is female; So it is quite possible that she will also be attracted to males.

My guess is that Jessica would most likely be Bisexual; With a statistically smaller possibility that she would that she would be a Lesbian
    Exactly what I've been saying :) thank you for inputting actual researched data, unlike lots of the other commenters here.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post

My guess is that Jessica would most likely be Bisexual; With a statistically smaller possibility that she would that she would be a Lesbian
    Wow, this is really interesting...thanks for sharing. :)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

has She had any dealings with Aunt May, MJ or any of the others from Parkers life?

Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    has She had any dealings with Aunt May, MJ or any of the others from Parkers life?
    She was helping Ultimatum survivors outside of the Police Station where Aunt May was arrested (for harboring Spider-Man) and they ran into eachother. Jessica made the mistake of calling her "Aunt May".

Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    She was helping Ultimatum survivors outside of the Police Station where Aunt May was arrested (for harboring Spider-Man) and they ran into eachother. Jessica made the mistake of calling her "Aunt May".
    She also saved MJ in the Clone Saga arc, the arc in which she debuted. In that arc she tolled Peter she still had feelings for MJ.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 12-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    She also saved MJ in the Clone Saga arc, the arc in which she debuted. In that arc she tolled Peter she still had feeling for MJ.
    Ah, see I didn't recall this at all when I was making my argument. I thought people were just assuming she was gay because she has Peter's memories. If she actually said it herself then I concede I was mistaken in a lot of what I said. At the very least, though, we can conclude she's bisexual then, due to having feelings for MJ and making out with Johnny.

Ah, see I didn't recall this at all when I was making my argument. I thought people were just assuming she was gay because she has Peter's memories. If she actually said it herself then I concede I was mistaken in a lot of what I said. At the very least, though, we can conclude she's bisexual then, due to having feelings for MJ and making out with Johnny.
    The only scene I can currently find about Jessica possibly liking MJ is this one:

But from what I'm remember there was suppose to be a more explicit scene
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 12-20-2012 at 07:40 AM.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    The only scene I can currently find about Jessica possibly liking MJ is this one:

But from what I'm remembering there was suppose to be a more explicit scene
    Thanks for the scan.

I would argue that this scene is quite explicit. The mirroring of their speech patterns indicates how alike their thoughts are. Note how, Despite the incredible weirdness of the situation; Jessica is completely focused on MJ.

Man, If I were in that situation; I would spend the first five minutes babbling "Clones, Really?" and another ten thinking "God, I look weird with Tits!"
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 12-19-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Here ya go.

Jessica tumbled in through her apartment window, pulled down her mask, and let herself fall back onto her bed. She drew in a deep breath, and let her mind go blank for just a moment before exhaling sharply. Then her mind began racing. She had just kissed a boy – or, let a boy kiss her, anyway. Not just any boy, but her best friend (well, Peter's best friend, but whatever). It was exciting, and terrifying. A relief to have some human contact, especially with someone she cared about – to finally get some attention from a life forcefully and suddenly taken away from her. But it was nerve wracking as well, thinking about what the consequences could be. What would Peter say? She really cared about that for some reason, as if she hadn’t been created with a conscience, and her original were somehow her conscience, and if she did anything he disapproved of it would mean she was wrong somehow. Her face got hot as she thought about this whole situation, and she buried her head in a pillow.

She remembered how, as Peter, she had shared romantic moments with Gwen, Kitty, MJ. They were all pretty aggressive girls, but Peter had never just sat there and let them do all the work. This time however, it had been different. She had wanted it to happen, that was a familiar feeling. But this time she just felt like letting it happen to her, without feeling the need to push back. There'd been a little bit of a return on her part, once the kiss (the one and only kiss) had started, but she had let Johnny do almost all of it. And it had felt good – all over – also a familiar feeling. The kiss itself, was fine. It was just everything else that made it weird. I mean, she had kissed a guy! What exactly about that was bothering her? There was a little bit of an 'ick' factor, since her and Johnny had been close in a non-romantic way (again, Peter's memories, yadda yadda), but not any kind of internal aversion to kissing him because he was a guy. As a matter of fact, things being as they were, she'd feel more uncomfortable kissing any one of the people she'd kissed before (as Peter!, sheesh). She had been reluctant to let anyone from Peter's life get too close to her – too complicated – but what made all of this so aggravating was based on memories, and memories that weren't even hers. Why should she feel weird about kissing a guy? She had a guy's memories, but she had been born a girl. Strange as it was to admit – even after all this time – she had never been a guy. She had never been Peter Parker.

The real question was, what would Jessica Drew do? So far, she'd been giving Spider-Woman all her attention, nabbing thieves, stopping the occasional super-villain, rescuing cats from trees. She was taking Roxxon down, that was important. But that just felt like living on autopilot, not really having to decide what to do, just live up to her “great responsibility”. She still felt like a person without an identity. Or that 'her' life was being lived by someone else, even though she'd never actually lived it. It was time to start making some memories of her own. She wouldn't have to change much really, just keep swinging, and before too long Johnny would fly by again. Maybe next time she wouldn't just kiss and run. Maybe she'd find out about that movie. And Pete would find a way to deal with it.