View Poll Results: Will you get the USM omnibus?

Voters
61. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Quesada cover

9 14.75%
  • Yes, Bagley cover

12 19.67%
  • Yes, whatever cover I can get

14 22.95%
  • No, I have the 2004 pre-omni HC

3 4.92%
  • No, I have it in other formats (OHCs, TPBs, etc)

19 31.15%
  • No, I don't like the story

4 6.56%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Penciled by MARK BAGLEY Covers by JOE QUESADA & MARK BAGLEY In 2000, Marvel launched the Ultimate Universe, reinventing Spider-Man for a new millennium. Now, the first three years of Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's fan-favorite, award-winning take on the web-slinger are collected in one oversized volume! Relive Peter Parker's early days as Spider-Man, learning to fight crime by trial and error as he struggles to balance his new life with the demands of high school: puberty, homework and dating! Even with the help of his best friend and confidante, Mary Jane Watson, Peter has a heavy load to bear. But the neophyte Spider-Man is making enemies left and right - including the Green Goblin, the Kingpin of Crime, Dr. Octopus, Kraven the Hunter and the maniacal Venom - and unless he can rise to the occasion, he may not survive until prom! Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (2000) #1-39 and #1/2.

This is the third Ultimate omnibus (We've already had The Ultimates and Ultimate Comics: Avengers comes out this spring). While USM is certainly deserving of the format (it kickstarted the UU and gave Marvel comics a much needed kick in the ass), this material has already been reprinted in every format imaginable. Regular trades, premiere hardcovers, ultimate collections, oversized hardcovers and even a special proto-omnibus released in 2004. Odds are you already have the material in some form or another. The fact that the exact same material (issues 1-39) was already reprinted in a hardcover is making this a somewhat controversial choice, with detractors saying its unnecessary.

So this begs the question: Will you be getting this omni?
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 12-17-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    "When they put Michael Clarke Duncan in as Kingpin I'm going 'What the ****? Why would you?' Don't make white people black for me mother****er, he's white! Just do the right thing!" - Patrice Oneal

Nope, will not be. Have the proto-omnibus of it from 2004.
    If you'd like to review a Marvel or DC Comic, check out the forums over at http://www.outerrealmcomics.com/index.php/forum/index

I would love to, but I don't buy omnibuses. I prefer either long boxes full of singles or a shelf full of paperbacks; hardcovers (and, even more so, omnibuses) only serve to mess up the unity of my collection. Plus, I can't justify the cost.

BUT, if I were to ever buy an omnibus, this would be near the top of the list. It would be awesome to have the entire UU in omnibus format. Having the whole run of USM in four side-by-side omnibuses would be extremely sexy.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I'd buy it if it was one massive book containing every single issue of USM from #1-160. Other than that it's not worth it for me.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

I found this for $60 something but I lost the link

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I'd buy it if it was one massive book containing every single issue of USM from #1-160. Other than that it's not worth it for me.
    Don't forget Ultimate Six, the 3 annuals and two Requiems. That's 12 more issues.

And Ultimate Marvel Team Up.

THAT, I'd buy.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    That book would be so huge you wouldn't be able to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I found this for $60 something but I lost the link
    Its 62 bucks at Tales of Wonder and it'll be the same price at Amazon.com.

Considering the three Ultimate Collections are 56 bucks at Amazon the omnibus format only costs six bucks. Pretty worthwhile purchase.
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 12-17-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    "When they put Michael Clarke Duncan in as Kingpin I'm going 'What the ****? Why would you?' Don't make white people black for me mother****er, he's white! Just do the right thing!" - Patrice Oneal

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    That book would be so huge you wouldn't be able to read it.
    I didn't say I'd read it. I said I'd buy it
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I don't think you'd be able to get it through the door.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I don't think you'd be able to get it through the door.
    Oh I'd make it fit!

I already have a complete set of the issues (1-133, Annuals, Requiem, Ultimate Six), so no need to purchase it.

If they had some sort of collection with all the issues that I have (and possibly the 2nd USM series too), then i'd consider it at the right price

Gotta say I'm really surprised by the numbers so far. Only a quarter of people who voted are buying the book.

Pre-ordered my copy now, canceled Ultimate Spider-Man HC 12 to save money. :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'm curious if this is a cost effective way to start reading the Ultimate Spider-Man comics? So far from what I have heard it sounds to be quite an interesting series. So I want to get some opinions on how best to approach buying these comics. Like is it better to buy the softcover, hardcover, this new omnibus or some other potential collected volume of comics? From what I have looked up there seems to be a little to much variety of these comics and it is rather irritating to try and get back into it. Hopefully this won't be as expensive as I think it might be.

Your best bet is to wait fro another digital Marvel Mondays when you can buy a single issue for 1$, because waiting for the whole Omnibus collection will take years and heavily depend upon how Sony keeps the Spider-Man movie franchise going.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog